Exford Park. CLOSED

Temeraire

• RMweb Premium

Evening Ian,

Has the new 50 arrived in time for Christmas?  I'm waiting to see it on the Polybulk empties... 

Oh yes and the nameplates have arrived too, a little holiday project. Thought it was time a Lion was let loose on Exford.

• RMweb Premium

I think you should set yourself the goal of modelling all 50 50s

Don't think it hasn't crossed my mind!

Two more Polybulks arrived this morning but I have a horizontal fence panel that needs attention before I can play. :mad:

Merry Christmas Ian,

Looks like it's come early too, a new class 50 and the Polybulks which look very nice, I might have to get a couple but I am not sure if they were about in the mid 80s.

All the best Peter.

• RMweb Premium

I am not sure if they were about in the mid 80s.

Have a look at the Polybulk thread in the Bachmann section there are several links to pics there, that's where I got the justification for them, but they were definitely around at that time.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you and see you in 2014?

Have a look at the Polybulk thread in the Bachmann section there are several links to pics there, that's where I got the justification for them, but they were definitely around at that time.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you and see you in 2014?

Thanks Ian, I will go have a look. I am coming over in May thought I mentioned it but maybe not I have been pretty busy recently. I am coming on the 9th so hope to go to Swanage and leaving on the 25th so will do a day at the New Forest Exhibition. Would be great to catch up with you and the gang.

Cheers Peter.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Pete

I knew you were coming just couldn't remember when. Swanage gala is usually on our list so we will see you there and I will be camping in the area for the New Forest show so a meet up should be a goer there too.

• RMweb Premium

Afternoon all

The fence has been fixed and all presents wrapped so it was time to play!

post-6922-0-57216200-1387897422.jpg

50037 at the head of today's 6V92 which it took over at Riverside yard to enable it to return to Laira for an exam. As can be seen there are now 4 Polybulks in this train.

post-6922-0-84507100-1387897433.jpg

View of all 4 wagons showing the need for a bit of weathering on all.

After the success of last year's "Network Santa Circular" tour (Page 29 post 682 for those interested) the Exford branch of the recently renamed "Leaford Off the road crew" organised the follow up this Christmas. This year's route takes in some new track but was also subject to a late cancellation of part of the route. The tour heads to Leaford where the train reverses to the new Leaford West via Leaford High level before retracing its steps to Leaford yard and then on to Beresford Junction. The train is due to layover in Beresford yard whilst everyones' stomachs settle from the trip round two helices, and then after the break the train will return to Exeter. Unfortunately the originally intended route that included Redbrook was curtailed due to track access issues! A subsequent plan to visit Fort Augustus was also cancelled due to the lack of a scenic view from the windows but also due to fears that the track possibly wouldn't be there on arrival from the South!

post-6922-0-02310000-1387897446.jpg

50007 & 50046 at the head of the "Network Santa Circular II" and take the junction towards Salisbury at Exford Park.

post-6922-0-01403400-1387897458.jpg

The two locos roll through Exford Park station.

post-6922-0-50559500-1387897469.jpg

Bringing up the rear are 33035 and D6508 which are this year's reversal locos.

Once again a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone that has taken an interest in my ramblings and attempts at modelling.

Good stuff Ian, i do look forward to seeing Exford Park again soon, it's a very inspirational layout. The Polybulks look great, i'm getting more tempted to order 1 of each, just need to time to brace myself for the look of disaproval from mrs Satan! Keep the pictures coming, it's helping pass a very long and boring shift in work over teh next couple of days.

(Now you've fixed your fence, could you come and fix mine? ;) )

Hi Ian, Like the polybulks, very nice wagons. I may have to get a couple myself but they may not fit in at Arnash lately as I've fancied a bit of a change of era and have a DB Schenker 60 waiting for me under the tree! Have a great Christmas and new year. Arnie

• RMweb Premium

Looking good Ian, I bet the first coach was packed with bashers. Especially Hoover worshippers!

Happy New Year and I look forward to seeing more of Exford Park in 2014.

It was absolutely rammed, so much so that the planning has begun for "Network Santa III" and early plans include Boxenby on the tour! ;)

Hi Ian

Love the pic of the 50 and the Bachmann Polybulks.  I remember seeing a rake of 10 or 11 of these come through Hayes and Harlington in about 1990 (on my way home from Brize Norton) like yours an NSE 50 was at the front heading for Southall yard (engine change for onward to Dover).

Will be interested to see how you weather the TSL type.

Nigel

Morning Ian, I moved from Portsmouth to Buckfast in Devon in 1987, I therefore saw the best of the NSE action firstly at Fratton hanging over the wall and Eastleigh and Salisbury, then in Devon at Dawlish, Plymouth and Liara etc, in 90 we moved back to Hampshire so again it was off to Eastleigh etc. I have just started collecting 50's again and I have the 47 Tamar as I was born in Plymouth.

I have given loads if likes and having just scanned the first 20 pages this morning mainly looking at the pics I just love this layout and the Depot is really good, loads of room to park the fleet up without being over crowded.

I will catch up with the next lot later and even though I wont give the Like ticks as I know they can be a pain I am more than impressed.

I am trying to locate a 33 in NSE if you know of any please PM me.

Cheers and all the best,

Andy :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

Morning Andy

Many thanks for your praise and I'm jealous of the time you spent down in Devon I would have loved to have been down there around 1990. In those days I didn't have any 'train' friends to have bashed the 50s with and had to settle for trips between Basingstoke and Waterloo only when travelling to london for football and visiting relatives, although most of this was before 1987 when I got my first car and stopped using the train. I've now got involved with 50027 at the MidHants and had a few cab rides up and down 'the alps' not quite the same but great nethertheless.

As for the NSE 33 there were a couple at least on ebay last week and that's probably the only place you'll find them now.

Archived