Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold

Doesn't J4404 belong in the prototype for everything thread?

I mean, an overbridge right next to a viaduct.....

Dave

And the picture is taken from above a short tunnel

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like that fascinating set of photo’s. The last one at Yarm, shows the line going over a viaduct, with rails in the four foot. I guess that they are to help prevent derailments, but aren’t they spaced out a bit far for that purpose?

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

Mike.

Didn't most 180s have vinyl roofs?

Strange that I remember my dad having a test drive of a 160 about a mile from the picture... He didn't buy it.

We had a crazy test drive which passed this spot in a avenger tiger.... He didn't buy that either mores the pity

Hi, Dave. I like that fascinating set of photo’s. The last one at Yarm, shows the line going over a viaduct, with rails in the four foot. I guess that they are to help prevent derailments, but aren’t they spaced out a bit far for that purpose?

With warmest regards,

Rob.

The rails in the four foot aren't there to prevent derailments, but if a derailment was to happen they are intended to keep the train going in a straight line and not going sideways over the parapet!

• RMweb Gold

Strange that I remember my dad having a test drive of a 160 about a mile from the picture... He didn't buy it.

We had a crazy test drive which passed this spot in a avenger tiger.... He didn't buy that either mores the pity

I bow to your superior memory, the cars made such an impression on me I had all on remembering the 180!

Mike.

• Like 1

My Dad went mad & bought the 2 litre - first car I had a go at driving (round the car park where he worked - it was an auto, which helped somewhat). I seem to remember it rusted really quickly - I wonder if any survive?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

My Dad went mad & bought the 2 litre - first car I had a go at driving (round the car park where he worked - it was an auto, which helped somewhat). I seem to remember it rusted really quickly - I wonder if any survive?

The two litre was very rare and all were autos

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like today’s photo’s, between Newcastle and Sunderland. All most interesting, and between the class 101 and the class 143 units, I much prefer the class 101. I particularly like the last one at Sunderland Grangetown crossing, with 37, 37123 on a down light engine, 30th May 1986. It sums up the north of England and the industrial landscape with the railway running through it so perfectly.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/chrysler_180

2 licensed and 5 SORN at end of 2017 if the above is accurate.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. What an excellent set of present day photo's. Thank you for posting them, they are a real treat before going to bed. The ECML was quite busy when you took those photo's, and you have photographed a train that will soon be historical only - the class 142. All to be withdrawn by the end of 2019 as part of the Northern Railway franchise agreement.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Premium

BSC_5114 Morpeth XC 43384 up and 220006 down 20th April 18  The 220 had just stopped to pick up passengers

Are you suggesting that nobody would want to get off at Morpeth, only leave... :-)

Thanks for the modern photos, they confirm just how much more interesting the railway used to be.