Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Premium

Amazing to see no road vehicles crossing over what is now East Midlands Parkway station on the old A453, and in two shots.

It made me laugh when the airport rebranded as Nottingham East Midlands, because it is nearer to Derby but is actually in Leicestershire, both of whose councils were up in arms.

As for those 25s, I think they are about to be passed by an HST. Great shots as usual, and take care.

Dave

Amazing to see no road vehicles crossing over what is now East Midlands Parkway station on the old A453, and in two shots.

It made me laugh when the airport rebranded as Nottingham East Midlands, because it is nearer to Derby but is actually in Leicestershire, both of whose councils were up in arms.

As for those 25s, I think they are about to be passed by an HST. Great shots as usual, and take care.

Dave

I hadn't spotted that HST, but I think it's just passed the Cl.25s and heading south on the up main.

J5990 is 25 036 & 25 067.

I'm sure that the green Brush 4 in C664 should be easily identifiable from the detail below the headcode panel, if it's possible to track down some other photos from around that time. Don't hold your breath, though!

Can't beat that great cathedral of steam-turbine power at Ratcliffe. Always felt one was near home when they came into view.

Look after yourself health-wise too David. Just don't take anymore photos of Pacers and you'll be fine.

Although in 30 years time people may be saying 'remember those lovely old Pacers we used to have, they were real trains, unlike today's plastic rubbish' !!

• RMweb Premium

I'm sure that the green Brush 4 in C664 should be easily identifiable from the detail below the headcode panel, if it's possible to track down some other photos from around that time. Don't hold your breath, though!

Was going to say the number looks like 1835, but this photo of No.1 end from the same month suggests not http://www.class47.co.uk/c47_zoom_v3.php?img=0925010702000

1C76 was the 15:50 Derby-St Pancras. The 7 coach formation suggests the Saturday train (on SX there should be 2 extra coaches)

1M79 was the 15:00 Sheffield-St Pancras (via the Erewash Valley direct route at this date)

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the Northumberland photo’s along the Blyth and Tyne route between South Newsham and Morpeth. A fascinating set of photo’s, and in C5881, with 40035, at South Newsham, on The Christmas Cracker special train, in December, 1982, you have captured a fabulous looking yellow sun effect. It would translate into a lovely painting.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Premium

Hi, Dave. I like the Northumberland photo’s along the Blyth and Tyne route between South Newsham and Morpeth. A fascinating set of photo’s, and in C5881, with 40035, at South Newsham, on The Christmas Cracker special train, in December, 1982, you have captured a fabulous looking yellow sun effect. It would translate into a lovely painting.

It also makes the trailing cab of 40035 look like it is wearing large logo livery.

Dave

Great shots - I like the second Peak creeping into view in J2538.

Thanks for all your postings and glad things are not too bad health wise.

Looks more like a Brush 4 (Class 47 for the young 'uns) to me.....

Great pics of the Blyth & Tyne. The Class 40 at South Newsham is stunning!

I know the location well and assume the photo must have been taken in the early morning judging by the sunrise.

South Newsham and Bedlington haven't changed much over the years. The semaphores and signal boxes are still intact.

post-7898-0-70931100-1526119447_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the Newcastle to Carlisle photo’s. The first one at Hexham, on 9th March, 1985, gives a very good view of what I believe to be a starting signal. If that was a model, I can just see someone being a bit careless and breaking it - it’s so tall.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

Hastings is currently being restored at Elsecar, in South Yorkshire, mostly complete running chassis and the boiler is being worked on at North Norfolk

is it okay for me to post that photo in the hastings facebook page? https://www.facebook.com/groups/169705223661918/

Yes that's fine.  Please credit it to "David Ford".

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the Kent and East Sussex Railway photo’s, at Rolvenden and Tenterden. A fascinating set, and it’s so good to be able to look back on its earlier days.

The ECML photo’s from Northumberland are fantastic, and I too love C7287 - indeed I was on a steam hauled train that day behind Sir Lamiel between Hull and Scarborough. The memories your photo’s bring back. Happy days.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Dave,

Many thanks for sharing today's photos. Brings back some very happy memories as I moved to Doncaster from York just a few months previously. A very important time at Doncaster with the resignalling and rationalisation just starting in earnest - a brilliant time personally as I was not long out of my "apprentiship" with plenty of opportunities to get stuck in and learn the job "at the sharp" end, so to speak.

Regards, Ian.