Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold

Hope all turns out for the best David

Meanwhile in J6391 am I alone in seeing the similarity in form between the front end of the 125 and the back end of that Citroen?

Phil

• RMweb Gold

I like the Newcastle photo's, So full of interest, and soon the class 143, as seen in the first photo' will be history - although I know for Newcastle they already are.

I sincerely hope you will get well, and that surgery might not be needed. You are in my thought's, David.

Very best regards,

Rob.

Thoughts are with you, David. I've just had my annual "ticker" check-up with my consultant today (Tuesday) so I know how worrying these little events can be. Having had the green light for another twelve months, I hope that your outcome is similarly positive.

Hope you are OK. I am sure everyone who follows your photos feels the same.

Your updates bring a bit of joy and nostalgia every day, the least we can all do is keep you in our thoughts.

All the very best, and of course 'thank you' for sharing the photos and memories.

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the latest Carlisle photo’s, which are most delightful. In C7735, at Carlisle, 87029 on a Cardiff to Glasgow train, on 30th July, 1986, there appears to be some paint chipped away on the visible cab end.

I’m glad your condition is not life threatening, that is such a big relief. But whatever it is, I hope you will take good care of yourself - I’m sure you will.

Regarding Windows updates. I belong a site, Ask Woody, which covers all such things, and has a rating system from 1 to 5. Basically, 1 is the worst it can be, with 5 meaning all updates can be safely installed. Currently it is 2.

Very best regards,

Rob.

• RMweb Premium

attachicon.gifCarlisle 47432 WBHS Morpeth to Blaenau Ffestiniog 19th April 86 C7441.jpg

Carlisle 47432 WBHS Morpeth to Blaenau Ffestiniog 19th April 86 C7441

Interesting photo. I looked up the train on Six Bells Junction and its not listed. However, it must have been a busy day at Blaenau Festiniog for special trains as there as also a Ffestiniog Railway Society railtour The White Rose from Leeds that day. Perhaps why this one was routed via the WCML (i.e. pathing issues)?

• RMweb Gold

Interesting photo. I looked up the train on Six Bells Junction and its not listed. However, it must have been a busy day at Blaenau Festiniog for special trains as there as also a Ffestiniog Railway Society railtour The White Rose from Leeds that day. Perhaps why this one was routed via the WCML (i.e. pathing issues)?

We were stuck behind the White Rose tour for some time so we were very late arriving at Blaenau Ffestiniog.

I think the trip may have picked up at Hexham, WBHS tours often had a number of pick up points.  That would explain the route via the WCML.

The tour included a round trip of the Ffestiniog.

The various delays meant that the Ffestiniog ended up with 2 trainloads of passengers at Porthmadog in the afternoon, so they ran a very long (and crowded) train back up to Blaenau Ffestiniog -  it had 17 coaches and was double headed with Blanche and Linda.

David

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

We were stuck behind the White Rose tour for some time so we were very late arriving at Blaenau Ffestiniog.

I think the trip may have picked up at Hexham, WBHS tours often had a number of pick up points.  That would explain the route via the WCML.

The tour included a round trip of the Ffestiniog.

The various delays meant that the Ffestiniog ended up with 2 trainloads of passengers at Porthmadog in the afternoon, so they ran a very long (and crowded) train back up to Blaenau Ffestiniog -  it had 17 coaches and was double headed with Blanche and Linda.

David

Again according to Six Bells, the loco on The White Rose - 40122 - failed at Mostyn, to be replaced by 47323 and then 47350, which might explain the delay.

Thank you very much for all the good wishes, I appreciate them very much.  I deliberately have not said what it is as I know that would bring pages of anecdotes!  It is not life threatening and it will be up to me as to what I decide to do in due course, when I have had  a good think.

Hopefully this will work, my PC is a bit slower than a snail this afternoon as it has decided to install the latest Windows 10 updates and is "working" on them.  All I'll say about it is  that I am very glad I no longer manage an IT network.

David

Good to hear your health issues are non-life threatening. I, too, can look on current Microsoft Windows shenanegans from the other side of retirement with the thought 'it's someone else's problem now...'

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. I like the Midland Railway main line photos, between Nottingham and Loughborough, at Ratcliffe on Soar. They are most interesting, and show, as always, how the cooling towers dominate over the railway.

In the last photo', with two class 25's on The Yorkshire Rover railtour, in April, 1978, there is a distant bell ringing. I'm sure I saw that on the Hull to Scarborough line, but I could be wrong. I certainly remember two 25's on a railtour.

With warmest regards,

Rob.