Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium

Station area now fully wired except the turntable, so I will be clearing the mess off for a running session tomorrow.  I may take the camera in the train set room if you lot behave yourselves. Only the fuddle yards point motors to be wired up.

Last night Child B accidentally wandered into the railway room, when he turned round to leave he said, "Does that (pointing at the bridge) drop down so you can run trains around the room?" Of course I replied "Yes".

" That is cleaver"

" Would you like to join me in running some trains?"

" No thanks"...zoom he had left the room.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Station area now fully wired except the turntable, so I will be clearing the mess off for a running session tomorrow.  I may take the camera in the train set room if you lot behave yourselves. 

I believe that requests for photos have appeared in another forum.

Your fame (or should that be infamy?) spreads.........

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Oooo....I forgot to say, I now have all controllers wired so that they all drive the trains the right way round. I even fixed the broken one. I had to replace the potentiometer on one of the panel mounts.

Any one want any spares for a gaugemaster E series controller? Some blighter has whipped out the pot?

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

I believe that requests for photos have appeared in another forum.

Your fame (or should that be infamy?) spreads.........

Cheers,

Mick

Thank you Mick

Are we allowed to send photos to Holland with Brexit etc......?

• Like 1

Station area now fully wired except the turntable, so I will be clearing the mess off for a running session tomorrow.  I may take the camera in the train set room if you lot behave yourselves. Only the fuddle yards point motors to be wired up.

Last night Child B accidentally wandered into the railway room, when he turned round to leave he said, "Does that (pointing at the bridge) drop down so you can run trains around the room?" Of course I replied "Yes".

" That is cleaver"

Tell him helping to play trains is the rent he must pay for living in your house. See how long child B stays then.
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Tell him helping to play trains is the rent he must pay for living in your house. See how long child B stays then.

Just beware of the standard ploy for getting out of washing up - dropping the most expensive items...

" That is cleaver"

More to the point, what's Child B doing in the railway room with a cleaver?

• RMweb Gold

Just back from the chemist, good thing I only brought a 12 exposure film cos this is all that came out.

Please may I be envious Sir? Very nice indeed, especially the throat.

Paul.

• RMweb Premium

So  that's Sheffield Exchange completed then. Now that there is a bus on a bridge there can't be anything else to add!  :jester:

A cream bus, with blue stripes. Just to give it the correct feel it is Sheffield. 

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Looking good Clive! Loving the bus sitting on the bridge too, and the turntable.

The turntable still needs to be made that is just the well in its position. It will not be powered as it is next to the control panel so I can turn the engines by hand.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

All the time I taking the photos and driving the trains in and out of the station I had at least one train running around the main lines...I think this will, be fun to operate.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 3