Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Cap'n moves on

• RMweb Premium

Greetings Cap'n. May I now send you the to do list for SOSJ? Choose any 6 out of the dozens of exciting tasks. Free sausages and Pendo Bog Spotter's Notebook available on completion of tasks.

Once you have successfully smuggled your cabin baggage up Sleazy Jet's gangplank then you know where we are. Also, take no notice of the naysayers, it isn't blood* freezing east of Bristol.

All the very best matey. See you at the West Somerset sometime soon?

Phil

• RMweb Gold

Greetings Cap'n. May I now send you the to do list for SOSJ? Choose any 6 out of the dozens of exciting tasks. Free sausages and Pendo Bog Spotter's Notebook available on completion of tasks.

I wondered what SOSJ was, now I think it could be textspeak for sausages.

Happy retirement, Tim. Don't worry about filling your time. I left 12 years ago and my To Do list doesn't seem to be any shorter than the day I retired.

• RMweb Gold

The long nines will be required to offer a twenty one gun salute to mark this auspicious occasion.

Enjoy it Tim. You won't know how you had the time to work.

p.s. now is the ideal time to go and watch a Hamilton Academicals home game.

• RMweb Premium

All the best Tim all the very best for your retirement now you've finally received your golden parsnip.

I do hope they presented him with a ceremonial sausage to mark his retirement.

Ceremonial sausage and a golden parsnip?  CK deserves both.  From the little I have been privileged to see over more recent years here is a true gentleman, a Railwayman with a capital R, having completed service in a most under-stated manner and with a huge amount of quiet respect.  There are few of Tim's kind left on today's railway.  There will now be one fewer.  Time and tide waits for no-one (as Tim would have discovered at Dawlish!) but his gain in leisure time is the railway's loss.  And to an extent ours as we shall miss the unique input around certain events not available from any other source.

Thanks also to Craig for instigating the topic.  I was aware of Tim's impending retirement  through other sources but most of us wouldn't perhaps have guessed he was anywhere near that milepost.  Craig is another true gentleman of the railways, quiet, unassuming and thoroughly professional.  Such people keep the wheels turning come rain or shine, day or night without complaint no matter what.  We owe them a great debt of gratitude.

Happy retirement Tim.  Let's do that curry sometime.

• RMweb Gold

Apparently a Voyager toilet is to be named after CK on April 1st at Paddington.

Rob.

• RMweb Gold

I had no idea this was coming up! On the occasions of actually meeting him, I've always found Tim to be a very sociable but also extremely knowledgeable and he put a lot of hard work into organising the SWAG members days at Taunton. We'll miss his 'insider information' on the modern railways and the 'individual / slightly eccentric' comments on various threads, but hopefully the modelling activities can now make a bit of a comeback & we will continue to see his interaction on here. 

Good luck for the future Tim!

Best Wishes Tim, thanks for all your informative posts, and please leave a little in the pension fund for me ! (Planning to do the same as you, retire from NR, before too much longer).

Thanks also to Craig for instigating the topic.  I was aware of Tim's impending retirement  through other sources but most of us wouldn't perhaps have guessed he was anywhere near that milepost.  Craig is another true gentleman of the railways, quiet, unassuming and thoroughly professional.  Such people keep the wheels turning come rain or shine, day or night without complaint no matter what.  We owe them a great debt of gratitude.

Happy retirement Tim.  Let's do that curry sometime.

Aw thanks mate - the cheque is in the post!

Basically everything that's been posted previously, what else can one say that doesn't involve sausages, Virgin facilities and a town in Pembrokeshire.

A heartfelt thanks Tim make the very best of your time matey :)

Archived