Rapido LB&SCR Class E1 0-6-0T

sem34090

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

Harp lager.

That reminds me, must do the dishes...........

• Funny 3

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, GreenGiraffe22 said:

According to the newsletter they are focusing on the BR and IoW versions first as they were the most popular in the survey, fair play to them but disappointing for me. Those who voted better buy! 

That's a shame. I was looking forward to the goods green version.

• Agree 7

I rather like E tanks - as the photo to the left may suggest.

Does anyone have experience of converting Rapido products to EM or P4? When I responded to the survey, I made clear that convertibility (if that is a word) is a key consideration for me. There is little point in buying a full price loco if you have to throw away the chassis and build a new one!

Best wishes 

Eric 

47 minutes ago, burgundy said:

I rather like E tanks - as the photo to the left may suggest.

Does anyone have experience of converting Rapido products to EM or P4? When I responded to the survey, I made clear that convertibility (if that is a word) is a key consideration for me. There is little point in buying a full price loco if you have to throw away the chassis and build a new one!

Best wishes 

Eric 

My thoughts on the best place to ask would be in the Model Rail/Rapido 16xx thread.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, DanInHisDen said:

Is no. 98 being produced?

From here 

https://myemail.constantcontact.com/The-first-Rapido-UK-newsletter-of-2022--With-two-new-tooling-announcements-.html?soid=1101318906379&aid=kTJBxD0Hzus

"We haven’t confirmed what running numbers or liveries we’re making, we can confirm that our attention will focus on the BR and Isle of Wight ones first."

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I'm very pleased that this project is still chugging away in the background  -  I look forward to delivery time.   Looks nice, as well as producing a useful engine.

By the way, I would remind Rapido (and any other manufacturers) that there is an LSWR T3 recreation project due to complete next year, which gives rise to more LSWR colourful liveried models.   See Steam Railways / Graham Muz's tweets ;

Edited by phil gollin
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, phil gollin said:

I'm very pleased that this project is still chugging away in the background  -  I look forward to delivery time.   Looks nice, as well as producing a useful engine.

By the way, I would remind Rapido (and any other manufacturers) that there is an LSWR T3 recreation project due to complete next year, which gives rise to more SSWR colourful liveried models.   See Steam Railways / Graham Muz's tweets ;

I never say never... to coin a phrase...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Graham_Muz said:

Latest ex LBSC E1 class 0-6-0t CAD renders from Rapido Trains UK see more here https://southern-railway.com/2022/06/23/latest-ex-lbsc-e1-class-0-6-0t-cad-renders-from-rapido-trains-uk/

1540368778_UK936V1V2.thumb.png.a96053601f3d775701e1f1cc48c23949.png

Thanks very much Graham, an absolutely fascinating article which brings up many, many questions, e.g. did any other loco have such a long withdrawal period as 53  years (1908 through until 1961) !

I'm afraid that Rapido have another winner on their hands

• RMweb Gold
40 minutes ago, phil gollin said:

Thanks very much Graham, an absolutely fascinating article which brings up many, many questions, e.g. did any other loco have such a long withdrawal period as 53  years (1908 through until 1961) !

The Beattie well tanks are a definite contender... first withdrawal 1888 and last three in 1962 (with two preserved) 

Edited by Graham_Muz
typo corrected
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

@Graham_Muz I am slightly confused by the statement on your website:

"It should of course be noted that these CAD renders are a work in progress and some areas in particular are known to require some amendments, such as tank tops. I am also hoping that the couplings might be revised slightly to reduce their protrusion.
It is the purpose of such renders to help evaluate the overall shape and details to confirm they are totally correct before approving the CADs for tooling to commence. Contrary to the belief of some, the first impression from tooling / the Engineering Prototype is to confirm fit and function and perhaps make some minor adjustments, not to see if the basic shape is correct"

I know that you are not party to Rapido's activities, but perhaps you can suggest how far along the line these images represent the design development? To my eye there are a number of flaws that could be improved, but if this is early doors, perhaps I should wait to see what the next step delivers.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Nick Holliday said:

@Graham_Muz I am slightly confused by the statement on your website:

"It should of course be noted that these CAD renders are a work in progress and some areas in particular are known to require some amendments, such as tank tops. I am also hoping that the couplings might be revised slightly to reduce their protrusion.
It is the purpose of such renders to help evaluate the overall shape and details to confirm they are totally correct before approving the CADs for tooling to commence. Contrary to the belief of some, the first impression from tooling / the Engineering Prototype is to confirm fit and function and perhaps make some minor adjustments, not to see if the basic shape is correct"

I know that you are not party to Rapido's activities, but perhaps you can suggest how far along the line these images represent the design development? To my eye there are a number of flaws that could be improved, but if this is early doors, perhaps I should wait to see what the next step delivers.

Or you could proactively and politely list your observations to Rapido just in case Rapido have missed those points, better now than when it is too late.