Rapido LB&SCR Class E1 0-6-0T

sem34090

3 hours ago, rapidoandy said:

Please bear with me if I’m slow or don’t respond though - I have a baby due (the wife is currently in the early stages of labour here) and as you may imagine the E1 is not the top of the priority list…. 

Thanks in advance - I look forward to everyone’s feedback.

Andy

If it is a girl, you could always name her Florence (No 117) or Lorraine (No 115).

Hope all goes well. 

Best wishes  

No 110 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/01/2022 at 17:06, Compound2632 said:

That's a shame. I was looking forward to the goods green version.

Well, that would have been the one I would have bought [sigh], so much money now saved while the Stroudley-era release remains on hold, but nevertheless a real shame as it's a very attractive livery, complements all those IEG Terriers made by others, and would have been a welcome first for this livery RTR.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• 3 weeks later...

@rapidoandy A couple of questions if I may:

Do you have any colour images of the intended liveries?

For the non-sound fitted versions, is the speaker included? I get that the decoder isn't, but the feature list just says "factory fitted speaker" and it's not clear is that applies to both flavours or just the sound fitted one. 

I hope these are a success. There’s a great emphasis on post-steam models these days. Nothing wrong with that, except that duplication and triplication occurs. BR inherited more than 400 classes of locomotive so there is much more to choose from in earlier times.

May I make one request? The innards of models do require lubrication from time to time. Would Rapido please ensure that it is easy to part body and chassis?  

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

BR inherited more than 400 classes of locomotive so there is much more to choose from in earlier times.

And there were an even larger number of classes - some once very numerous - that BR did not inherit.

• Agree 3
  • Round of applause 1

44 minutes ago, D9020 Nimbus said:

No early crest IOW model — surprising given there's a photograph of the last survivor in that condition in the Newsletter… had that one been done I'd probably have placed an order…

Maybe the IWSR model shop will be doing some "exclusive editions".

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, Fishoutofwater said:

Maybe the IWSR model shop will be doing some "exclusive editions".

I hope you're right, SR Olive Green and early crest BR IOW condition ones do seem some obvious gaps so maybe with the preserved one being currently presented as 'Yarmouth' in BR perhaps there are some specials of it as 'Yarmouth' in BR early and SR olive coming from the railway.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, D9020 Nimbus said:

No early crest IOW model — surprising given there's a photograph of the last survivor in that condition in the Newsletter… had that one been done I'd probably have placed an order…

W4 'Wroxall' was the last survivor on the Island and they don't seem to be doing that one.

Hopefully they will do that one in the future as it was the only one I saw.

Rodney

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Wickham Green too said:

Presumably 'Southern Black' for B690 is lined in green  -  but what about 2151: does 'Southern Black' carry Maunsell period insignia ( lined / unlined ) or Bulleid era ?

2151 is in Maunsell SR black livery. 

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Wickham Green too said:

Thanks ....... but - er - no thanks, it doesn't seem to have lasted in to my modelling period like that .... nor yours.

Agreed, however I will use that version as a base for renumbering and sunshine lettering to 2156 that was allocated to Southampton Docks 

Edited by Graham_Muz
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, Graham_Muz said:

Agreed, however I will use that version as a base for renumbering and sunshine lettering to 2156 that was allocated to Southampton Docks 

A fine loco to darken the front bar in the Waterloo Tavern!

• Like 1

@rapidoandy - the dear fellows on the Brighton Circle have advised that Poitiers should be Westinghouse fitted in its post-1890 condition, so the livery should be green lined red, rather than plain green. Do you know what version you'll be producing?

I appreciate this is splitting hairs but while I dearly love Goods Green, Train Times are offering a vermillion-lined black version, which may be more appropriate for a later LBSCR layout. At the moment my preorders for the green and umber versions stand, though!

Edited by Lacathedrale
  • Informative/Useful 1