Accurascale on tour

• RMweb Premium

Considering that their IRM arm are doing the Mk2c coaches, it's pretty obvious that Accurscale will be announcing them in the UK range. Hopefully there's another announcement too.

I absolutely adore the 08, would love that to be announced. But there are already 2 pretty high quality models from Hornby and Bachmann. Is there enough of a market for a 3rd? I'll certainly order pretty much all of them, except for BR Blue.

I don't see Accurascale offering an esoteric one off loco like the Decapod, that's more KR models milieu, or maybe Rapido. Although having said that they are doing the 89, but that is partly funded by Rails. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

I think we will have one small announcement this year.

Perchance, a small loco to pull some small chauldrons???

Perhaps a...   whisper it...   a wee Conflat L 📢.  (that could occasionally be seen in the company of a chauldron or two).

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

No, not small stuff - there isn't much market for TT gauge.

No, you're right, they clearly mean N gauge - all the Accurascale wagons and all the engines in N.

What else could it be, I mean that N market is massive (well bigger than the current TT one right now this minute 😆)

• Funny 2

1 hour ago, Lowlander said:

I'll hope for a decent Freightliner/Colas class 70 in oo gauge. Hopefully with a bit of decent pulling power.

Pulling power and availability are about the only two major issues with it IMO. I have to be selective what I use mine on. Luckily for me I have got modified Colas and FL ones already so aren't lusting any more.

Lighting functions could (should?) be better, and I think I heard it's a nuisance to fit sound to are the other smaller issues I am aware of.

Hoping that Accurascales 'small' announcement at Warley is largely irony!

Hoping that they announce a range of multiple units based on Classes 319/325/768/769/799. So many variants & liveries could be produced with similar tooling for the most part.

Would personally love a Royal Mail 325 unit, which would also truly look the part on any of Pete Watermans Making Tracks layouts.

It would also be awesome to have the Diesel/Electric changeover sequence combined with the accurascale pantograph tech. & Dcc sound on a Class 769 model. 

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

How about a pacific?

Far Tottering and Oyster Creek Branch Railway's  Nellie.

Passengers are reminded that they must not be rude to the engines...

See also:

https://transportsofdelight.smugmug.com/RAILWAYS/BRITISH-NARROW-GAUGE-AND-MINIATURE-RAILWAYS/MINIATURE-RAILWAYS/OTHER-MINIATURE-RAILWAYS/i-TJRMGGb

Edited by palmsticks
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A small item to go with the chaldrons? It must be Locomotion. I can’t think of any other model railway company who would be brave enough to produce one, and indeed any more qualified to actually deliver one! What ever it is I am looking forward to seeing the announcement. 
all the best

Godfrey 

Edited by Godfrey Glyn
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, CoBoLoco said:

Hoping that they announce a range of multiple units based on Classes 319/325/768/769/799. So many variants & liveries could be produced with similar tooling for the most part.

It would also be awesome to have the Diesel/Electric changeover sequence combined with the accurascale pantograph tech. & Dcc sound on a Class 769 model. 

Hi,

The 769s are different from each other, although the TFW and Northern ones are close to a 319, but sufficiently different to involve interesting tooling. The GWR 769/9s would involve completely different toolings rather than simple mods to 319 tooling. 

The 769 change-over is not that special, no special noises or alarms unlike the 800 process, and the raising / lowering of the pantographs are independent of the changeover process (sounds odd but it’s true).

I would love a 769/9 in GWR colours, but it would be a lot of work!

Simon

• Like 1