Bachmann Class 47

steveb860

• RMweb Premium

Just put my Gaugemaster Ltd Edition 'Rail Riders' into service: B)

post-6910-12712031908_thumb.jpg

That makes thre 47's now with the Ltd Edn 47975 and a Rowland Hill also on the books although the latter is being repainted in revised NSE colours at the moment.

By the way, why does 47474 come with two sets of etched double arrows?

I ordered 47572 Ely Cathedral from Ian Allan Publishing a few weeks ago but have received nothing yet. :(

It was my understanding that these models were currently available, in stock. Is this actually the case or is Hornby Magazine waiting for a container ship from China to dock at Felixstowe?

I ordered 47572 Ely Cathedral from Ian Allan Publishing a few weeks ago but have received nothing yet. :(

It was my understanding that these models were currently available, in stock. Is this actually the case or is Hornby Magazine waiting for a container ship from China to dock at Felixstowe?

If you look at post number 117 in this thread (page 5), it seems to suggest that they are in stock. You may be in a long queue of orders being sent out but you are best chasing it up by phone if concerned.

• RMweb Premium

Do any ModelZone stores still have the 47573 NSE Ltd Edn still in stock by any remote chance? I have decided to return to my first (modelling) love of Network SouthEast (blame Hornby releasing a VEP :lol: ) and wouldn't mind one although I am not adverse to repainting my own of course.

Someone did post some pics of the 47573 model in these hallowed halls a while back but I will be dammed if I can find them!

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for that, may give them a call.

Meanwhile the repaint of my 47474 into revised NSE Livery is complete:

post-6910-127169440436.jpg

Should have Bachmann announcing they are doing it in this livery any moment now... :D

P.S. If anyone wants a set of etched Sir Rowland Hill nameplates that I now have surplus, send me a PM and I will pop them in the post to you.

• Like 2

Guest 47107

Do any ModelZone stores still have the 47573 NSE Ltd Edn still in stock by any remote chance? I have decided to return to my first (modelling) love of Network SouthEast (blame Hornby releasing a VEP :lol: ) and wouldn't mind one although I am not adverse to repainting my own of course.

Someone did post some pics of the 47573 model in these hallowed halls a while back but I will be dammed if I can find them!

Just been to Modelzone in Basingstoke today and they still had NSE 47573's in stock. If you order from a modelzone shop the model should be post free, where as The Signal Box (although part of Modelzone) still charge postage @ £4.00.

• RMweb Premium

I like that... I like that a lot. :O:)

Got any more pics of it?

Now that I have some decent daylight (Oh... and applied the transfers to the other side which were not present when I took the last pic!!):

post-6910-127174756958.jpg

post-6910-127174746143.jpg

May do a Railfreight Red Stripe next. Happy days, takes me back to when I used to do lots of modelling with Hornby 47's but now with a really decent model to work with, this could get expensive... :D

• Like 2

Personally once corporate blue went I started to lose interest - mind you so many favourite classes went with it too (25, 27, 40, 45, 46 to name but five) - but one of the last great hurrahs for BR, that I now look back on with fondness, is the final version of NSE. It looked great (to me the early version as applied to the Class 50s looked like a nasty bus or hovercraft livery), which explains why 87012 received it wink.gif.

To do it properly takes some precision where the livery bands come together at the corners; I think you've made an awesome job with Kings Lynn, if only you could stroll up Shoreditch today, sit back in MkII luxury and have the classic standard Type 4 bustle you off to East Anglia. Happy days, nice work!!!

Now that I have some decent daylight (Oh... and applied the transfers to the other side which were not present when I took the last pic!!):

post-6910-127174756958.jpg

post-6910-127174746143.jpg

May do a Railfreight Red Stripe next. Happy days, takes me back to when I used to do lots of modelling with Hornby 47's but now with a really decent model to work with, this could get expensive... biggrin.gif

That my friend is a superb job. Next up Norfolk or Great Eastern Regards Chris

very nice repaint, are Rails still doing their ltd edition of 47 145? I thought it would be out by now.

I spoke to Dick in Rails about this a couple of weeks ago as I had the version in General livery that they've now dropped on order, rather than the European version (that was also done by Lima and Heljan) that they are now advertising. Its a long story and one that I won't reproduce here but Dick did say that they've not decided whether to go ahead with the model yet. If not, perhaps it will become the third limited edition to be released via the Bachmann website.

He also hinted at further limited editions in the future, in particular an exclusive tooling to Rails, but naturally wouldn't divulge anything until it is officially announced on their website over the coming months. Something to keep an eye on (I'd forgotten all about it until I read the above post) but not for further discussion and speculation within this thread me thinks.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Found that ModelZone were listing the Original NSE 47573 as being back in stock so ordered one online which arrived today. :D

Very nice BUT they have made the classic original NSE livery mistake, the top white line on original NSE 47's (and some 50's) was applied above the guttering, sandwiched between the top of the gutter and the bottom edge of the cantrail grilles.

Bachmann have modelled it in the revised NSE position, below the side guttering however I can live with it as even I made the same mistake when I repainted a Hornby 47 in the same livery many years ago.

Of course it does give ModelZone an excuse to do another one in the same livery with a different number... B)

I am adding Stratford Sparrow transfers to the engine room doors of mine as they were applied a little later in its life.

Just got one from Modelzone at Meadowhall.

It was just looking so lush in the display cabinet I decided to treat myself.

I see it is supplied with snowploughs, never carried them though did it? How long did it last in original NSE livery too??

Guest 47107

Just got one from Modelzone at Meadowhall.

It was just looking so lush in the display cabinet I decided to treat myself.

I see it is supplied with snowploughs, never carried them though did it? How long did it last in original NSE livery too??

On class47.co.uk there are pictures of the loco in April 1991 in original NSE and then painted in RES in July 1992.

http://www.class47.co.uk/c47_gallery.php?index=2&jndex=1&kndex=73&s_loco=47573

Still personally a bit cheesed off about the change of direction for the Rail's 47145...but I guess it will appeal to those who like their stuff a bit more 'modern'? 

Yes it was a model I was after too - I have no interest in the European blue version.

But the issue was that the current Bachmann Cl.47 tooling didn't accommodate the correct detail combinations for 47145 in Rf General livery (I think it was the boiler port that was the issue), rather than Rails simply changing their mind. They could have gone with the version that Bachmann could supply but then they would have been slated for producing an inaccurate model and would have 512 of them to shift. Though not being a rivet counter I would still have bought one   :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Just to make sure that there is a Railfreight Red Stripe version announced by Bachmann any minute now the paint has dried on my 47301:post-6910-127452399723.jpg

Still need to tidy up the black cab window surrounds, they are a real beggar to apply neatly. :angry:

Noted during researching pictures for this one that it carried the older 1960's/1970's style overhead warning flashes extremely late on, indeed possibly as far as when it was repainted in triple grey Freightliner livery.

Any liveries anyone want Bachmann to produce as I know if I paint them up now, the announcment will be enivitable... :lol: (47579 'James Nighthall GC' in revised NSE next by the way!)

EDIT - My digital camera is evil, it has just shown me the cab door window has come away... again!!!