Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, SouthernMafia said:

Great to see such positive feedback for the Deltic. I've caught up late on this thread so apologies if I've missed it, but is there likely to be a second run featuring other numbers? I'd like a model of D9000 in green with headlight circa 1999 condition for hauling Virgin XC trains. I note Locomotion's D9002 is pretty similar...is it suitable for renumbering or am I best holding off?

I am after a model of the same loco in that condition (more likely than not even if I do manage to source the purple one....   I live in hope that Accurascale will find a couple more purple deltics  as at the back of the warehouse when they finish their deliveries…)

The main difference is around the cab front step which is smaller on d9000 (and has a reinforcing plate around it).   Accurascale have tooled up the unique step for their blue version, so hopefully the tooling is also able to add it with a high intensity headlight.

I dont think it would be hugely difficult to modify it (particularly if you can find a good paint match), but in the end I decided I may as well wait for the second batch and cross my fingers it does arrive.

Edited by The Fatadder
  • Informative/Useful 1

I have been holding off because the folks at Accurascale have obviously been very busy but I have received an e-mail stating, “With the Deltics now delivered (and the last of the pre-orders being sent out to direct customers today) …” so now is the time to ask.

How are the rotating fan units coming along please? It was mentioned that models have been designed with provision for them.

• Funny 1

20 hours ago, Coryton said:

I suspect that if anyone on here has had to return theirs and wished to share the news with the forum, they would have done so already.

Sweet, so provided this post passes the premium screening review, just to mention two further examples arrived today and are superb.... 

The square wheel incident still to be resolved as the unit returned to ACC.

Have a great weekend

2 minutes ago, kevlar47 said:

Sweet, so provided this post passes the premium screening review, just to mention two further examples arrived today and are superb.... 

The square wheel incident still to be resolved as the unit returned to ACC.

Have a great weekend

What is the square wheel issue 🤔

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Chilly said:

What is the square wheel issue 🤔

Unclear at this time, sounded like a flat or a drive/axle issue on leading axle in one bogie, however all packed up and back on its way to ACC for repair.

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, kevlar47 said:

Unclear at this time, sounded like a flat or a drive/axle issue on leading axle in one bogie, however all packed up and back on its way to ACC for repair.

A very odd fault which has popped up, but will get sorted quickly and easily enough! We dont think it's an actual wheelflat though :)

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2

3 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

A very odd fault which has popped up, but will get sorted quickly and easily enough! We dont think it's an actual wheelflat though :)

Cheers!

Fran 

Cheers Fran, always appreciate your speed of response and service, prefer you folks to look at it rather than tinker with such a highly detailed model. As mentioned in the other thread two others arrived today and am blown away with them.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

Looking forward to my three coming and even more so now the wife has decided to go to Spain next week so no awkward questions, only downside is I am boat fishing next week from Wednesday to Friday so please please come on Tuesday, rubbing my rosemary beads as we speak ooer

To save me reading back more than two pages. Has anyone had any word from Rails as to their Deltic delivery situation? And when to expect any pre-ordered models?

Stephen

Edited by ayrmrg
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, ayrmrg said:

To save me reading back more than two pages. Has anyone had any word from Rails as to their Deltic delivery situation? And when to expect any pre-ordered models?

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

After 2 days of trying to find an available lorry to take the delivery to Sheffield they landed there this afternoon. Finally!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, Chilly said:

Looking forward to my three coming and even more so now the wife has decided to go to Spain next week so no awkward questions, only downside is I am boat fishing next week from Wednesday to Friday so please please come on Tuesday, rubbing my rosemary beads as we speak ooer

If your good lady is coming anywhere near Alicante, crossing my palm with silver/gold will ensure she remains unaware of any Deltic shaped shenanigans back home, even more so if it involves a purple throbber!! !

Mike.

• Funny 1

11 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Stephen,

After 2 days of trying to find an available lorry to take the delivery to Sheffield they landed there this afternoon. Finally!

Cheers!

Fran 

Hi there

just wondering if the Locomotion models are on their way too?  Cant wait. For my KOYLI to arrive :) 

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, Tiddles47 said:

Hi there

just wondering if the Locomotion models are on their way too?  Cant wait. For my KOYLI to arrive :) 

Yes, all of the Locomotion NRM, DPS and Rails models are together.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Mine arrived this lunchtime.  

Very nice indeed.  No issues with footsteps or chains, very secure in its generous packaging.  The sound gave me goosebumps on first firing her up!   Impressive weight, and very smooth running straight out of the box.  H&B are definitely being shown the way...  

Looking forward to also receiving the white cabbed version still awaited from Yorkshire.  

1110689810_IMG_5461copy.jpg.336b703f6e45904788a168b49b6f1f57.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
Just now, Colin_McLeod said:

Still no email about my three.  Are EU orders going out later?

Yes, EU orders are currently being imported in to Dublin, for shipping likely Monday / Tuesday.

ROW orders will ship ex Birmingham, starting Monday.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

I unpacked mine just a while ago and I know it was going to impressively details but, bloody well done AS.

Yes a few bits adrift, two front steps from one side and an upper tread plate (that’s going to stay off!) and now just waiting for my glue to set after reattaching a brake chain which had come adrift from the body bracket (should have left it off as I need to fit a crew sometime but it needs to be out of the way for circuit work) non of this is criticism, at this level of detail I am surprised more hadn’t come detached, some of the bits are so fine it astonishes me.

Oh and there are no screws holding the speaker brackets either, but not run it yet so they may be fine (you’ll have to find that lazy line worker 😆).

Thank you Fran, McC and everyone at AS.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 23/06/2022 at 15:11, Steve Williams said:

Mine was set to 192, much too loud. I reduced it to 80 and found that more than loud enough.

Thanks for this, mine down to 80 now, much better for me.

• Like 1

My Porterhouse arrived today, such a magnificent loco! All seems to be working well, one chain came loose, my fault but will leave it until the body has to come off to fit crew. 

Sound is great, reduced by half to a reasonable level. 

Great work Accurascale for producing such a loco at this price point, looking forward to my Manor Class, 37 and 31!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1