Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

44 minutes ago, DIRTY DIESEL said:

Was the chip a factory fitted AS one or one of your own that the lights didn't work?

IT is the factory fitted AS decoder. I mentioned before, using a spare non sound decoder all the lights worked as they should. My thoughts are that some of the AS decoders may not have been fully programmed. I have had to set up F5 and the Stayalive and the lights seem to have a life of their own. AS are going to swap the decoder so hopefully that will sort it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, philg said:

It’s only extortion if somebody makes you pay it. If people are happy to pay over the odds, then that’s the true value and the rest of us got a bargain. Maybe useful to share with domestic authorities?

Although I was only having a laugh, you're right so I'll rephrase....let the over the odds paying commence. I wouldn't advise sharing anything with the domestic authorities around here anyway. I suspect her definition of a bargain differs significantly from mine.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, murphaph said:

Although I was only having a laugh, you're right so I'll rephrase....let the over the odds paying commence.

indeed. The seller started the auction at 1p, so let’s see where the market takes it. My Ballymoss might be up for sale if Accurascale do Meld in FP Blue on the next (or subsequent) runs

Edited by RedgateModels
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, 55020 said:

When I look at my two sound equipped Deltics (55001 and 55018) using the LokProgrammer, they both show AUX9 as 'disabled' and CV 339 as 0.

Can someone who has a correctly functioning Powerpack report back with the value of CV 339 (with CV31=16, CV32=0)?

When I tried this the value of CV339 was 0, CV323 was 2.

I tried it and the stay alive now works but the forward headlights now stay on permanantly.

• RMweb Gold
59 minutes ago, 60800 said:

Yes I received an email with the royal mail item number (just signed for, not tracked sadly) 

Cheers,

Useful to know that DPS are using RM rather than dedicated parcel carriers.So it came with the postie ?

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, philg said:

It’s only extortion if somebody makes you pay it. If people are happy to pay over the odds, then that’s the true value and the rest of us got a bargain. Maybe useful to share with domestic authorities?

We seem now to be less indignant and perhaps more tolerant of eBay carpetbaggers than was the case a few (not so many) years ago. How the world turns.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

33 minutes ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Useful to know that DPS are using RM rather than dedicated parcel carriers.So it came with the postie?

Well, not the regular postie, but a Royal Mail parcels van that is usually about 20 mins behind the regular one.

Cheers,

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, 40002 said:

I think the chains to the bogie would have been better left off and possibly making them an optional customer fit in the detailing pack

Only if they make them easier to fit. 

When I first opened mine I thought all 4 chains were missing - then closer inspection revealed them to have fallen inside the bogies. Simple enough to gently pull them out but one is not connected to the body. Spent 30 minutes so far with no success - I can get the spigot into the hole but cannot get any pressure to then fully insert it. Any body know the technique to achieve this please?

I also had 2 steps and one other small bit from the buffer beam loose in the box. This last bit was easy to fit with the buffer beam removed - next I'll look at the pipework.

• RMweb Gold
On 17/06/2022 at 22:04, aureol40012 said:

And just like the real thing, it really comes alive at night……. Cab is just stunning.

2614BA21-AB9C-435B-A4AF-D9EB33F92181.jpeg

652EE5D4-9FA5-4492-AA17-1F184CA51F36.jpeg

Also, those who snipe at eBay sellers, consider that they may be members too ….

Good luck with the sale @aureol40012 - looks like your doing well so far 😁

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Fitted the crew today and look good sat in the cab.

However, a couple of comments when removing and refitting the body.

I successfully eased the chain mounting brackets from the body, but one change came away. One front step came away, but safely retrieved from the workbench (dining table). Accessing the four body clips was a little tricky as need to wing the bogie clear and insert some strips of thin card. Once a piece of card was fitted on one side, this restricted the movement of the bogie. I used a toothpick to ease the body away from the chassis and then inserted the card. The body did then come away fairly easily, but did manage to also dislodge one the 'valves' from the end of tanks.

Fitted the crew easily enough - used a little tacky wax to hold in place. I also washed a little Games Workshop Agrathrax Earthshade around the engine details to highlight the details.

Re-fitting the body was less straightforward though. There a number of small detail parts along the bottom edge and wary about knocking these off. As I eased the body back one, the centre on both sides catches the clear plastic - I assume to distribute the engine room lights - one broken away and despite a few attempts kept falling out. A spot of superglue solved that, but the body needs to be eased away to clear. Gently pushed the body back over the chassis where the clips sprung into place.

The chains easily refitted and broken one glued on place. Only frustration being that I dropped the loose one of the chain between bogie and body - simply retrieved though.

When attempting to refit the valve, managed to ping away from the tweezers and eaten by the carpet monster. I also managed to knock off another part on the chassis, but safely found and secured using superglue.

Finally, worth mentioning that the two screws from the speaker retaining bracket below the retaining roof are missing. Those at the other bracket are present.

No criticism of the model as A/S have produced a fantastic model, but worth highlighting my experience for others fitting the crew.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Informative/Useful 6

46 minutes ago, Richard Croft said:

A decent pair of tweezers will let you hold it with enough force to position it and push it in, it took me about half an hour to do mine though!

I can manage the first part- it's pushing it in I can't do. Just spent another 30 futile minutes - tried tweezers, flat-headed screwdriver and even a thumb / finger to no avail. Looking at the shape of it I'm guessing it's got to go up slightly rather than straight in?

All I've succeeded in doing is remove all the black paint - but that's a minor issue. And I've also lost a set of steps in the loft insulation somewhere - I hope A/S have some spares.

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, murphaph said:

Then let the eBay extortion begin....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325251431302

3 hours ago, philg said:

1 hour ago, RedgateModels said:

indeed. The seller started the auction at 1p, so let’s see where the market takes it. My Ballymoss might be up for sale if Accurascale do Meld in FP Blue on the next (or subsequent) runs

1 hour ago, Ian Hargrave said:

We seem now to be less indignant and perhaps more tolerant of eBay carpetbaggers than was the case a few (not so many) years ago. How the world turns.

Given that the model is a sellout, an inevitable consequence will be some market re-allocation of supply by people tempted to sell. Let's not forget there are some big money pressures on people out there; for some, the desire to hold on to a model they may have struggled to afford may be overtaken by the need to use it to raise money for more pressing needs.

• Like 4
  • Agree 8
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold
43 minutes ago, andyman7 said:

Given that the model is a sellout, an inevitable consequence will be some market re-allocation of supply by people tempted to sell. Let's not forget there are some big money pressures on people out there; for some, the desire to hold on to a model they may have struggled to afford may be overtaken by the need to use it to raise money for more pressing needs.

Spot on. I also find it strange that somebody selling a model for more than they paid for it is seen badly, yet we are all happy to sell a house for more than we paid for it. 

I have sold some models for very high prices on ebay*, they have all found that level without me starting them high. 

*beyond anything I would be prepared to pay. 

Roy

• Like 3
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

Spot on. I also find it strange that somebody selling a model for more than they paid for it is seen badly, yet we are all happy to sell a house for more than we paid for it. 

I have sold some models for very high prices on ebay*, they have all found that level without me starting them high. 

*beyond anything I would be prepared to pay. 

Roy

To me there is a difference between buying a model for your own use then later selling it on and ending up with more than you originally paid, and people buying models when they come out just to sell on at premium once the manufacturer has sold out.

6 minutes ago, Coryton said:

To me there is a difference between buying a model for your own use then later selling it on and ending up with more than you originally paid, and people buying models when they come out just to sell on at premium once the manufacturer has sold out.

Maybe it’s time for someone to start selling class 89 futures?

• Like 2
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Graham108 said:

I can manage the first part- it's pushing it in I can't do. Just spent another 30 futile minutes - tried tweezers, flat-headed screwdriver and even a thumb / finger to no avail. Looking at the shape of it I'm guessing it's got to go up slightly rather than straight in?

All I've succeeded in doing is remove all the black paint - but that's a minor issue. And I've also lost a set of steps in the loft insulation somewhere - I hope A/S have some spares.

@Graham108 the bracket sits at an angle both away from the body, also angled towards the centre.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RedgateModels said:

Indeed.  I don’t understand people who use eBay for fixed price selling, or auctions starting at the actually value. Stick it on at 1p starting price, no reserve, and off it goes. That’s how eBay works.  You win some you lose some, but it all evens out I guess.

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, RedgateModels said:

Over 400 sheets at the moment.

• Agree 1