Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Ray M said:

Ho dear.

My 2 little fellas arrived the other day and look like they have been in a right scrap.

2 broken arms & a broken leg.

But at least the Deltic was 100%

20220630_141734 (2).jpg

Same here, I ordered six packs and unfortunately they all came in one small Jiffy bag, only two pairs of figures are complete, the rest are missing arms or hands, the hands are especially vulnerable being so fine, but I feel they could have been packed a lot better, the bag just got squished in transit I guess.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

I know I just posted three (or was it four or five🤔)  “moany” posts, but I still love and want my Deltic back, IMO the very best modern image Loco released so far.

Edited by boxbrownie
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

28 minutes ago, 55020 said:

With regard to the Powerpack (Stay Alive) issues some have mentioned.  I wonder if there are a number of models out there that do not have the Powerpack configured in the decoder correctly.  The V5 manual states the following:

image.png.3932bdd74f7c6e9b640665550d3290e0.png

When I look at my two sound equipped Deltics (55001 and 55018) using the LokProgrammer, they both show AUX9 as 'disabled' and CV 339 as 0.

Can someone who has a correctly functioning Powerpack report back with the value of CV 339 (with CV31=16, CV32=0)?

Perhaps Fran or one of the other members of the AC team can confirm if I have understood the configuration requirements correctly.

If I can find time later I will change the settings to see if it makes a difference.

Steve

The mention of CV31 and CV32 rang a bell! Just checked the changes required to get F5 to work as on the AS website. There it says that CV31 is to be 1 and CV32 is to be 1. It looks like there could be a clash here perhaps? I do not fully understand the dark artistry of CV programming but perhaps someone more expert can enlighten?

Edited by Haverail

27 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

Mines gone back to AS for fettling or something now, out of interest just how difficult was it to get to the coupling, was it a complete body off, bogie off etc ?

In order to investigate and eliminate the cause of my derailments I stripped off the buffer beam, fuel tanks, body and finally the entire coupling mechanism so that there was nothing out with the basic chassis that could foul the bogie…….. in this condition it ran beautifully.

Reintroduced the coupling mechanism at one end only and the snagging reoccurred.

Getting access to the coupling is easy if you first remove the buffer beam - no real need to remove the body…….. my previous comments about how you remove and reinstall the coupling ( ie slide in and out onto a firm flat surface) are critical to not dislodging and potentially losing the spring to the carpet monster.

Edited by Hound Dog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, Hound Dog said:

In order to investigate and eliminate the cause of my derailments I stripped off the buffer beam, fuel tanks, body and finally the entire coupling mechanism so that there was nothing out with the basic chassis that could foul the bogie…….. in this condition it ran beautifully.

Reintroduced the coupling mechanism at one end only and the snagging reoccurred.

Getting access to the coupling is easy if you first remove the buffer beam - no real need to remove the body…….. my previous comments about how you remove and reinstall the coupling ( ie slide in and out onto a firm flat surface) are critical to not dislodging and potentially losing the spring to the carpet monster.

Thank you, AS did offer a new kinematic coupling mechanism but TBH with my dexterity issues I didn’t feel confident on such a detailed Loco to mend one thing without completely b0ll0cking up something else 😂

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
47 minutes ago, Haverail said:

The mention of CV31 and CV32 rang a bell! Just checked the changes required to get F5 to work as on the AS website. There it says that CV31 is to be 1 and CV32 is to be 1. It looks like there could be a clash here perhaps? I do not fully understand the dark artistry of CV programming but perhaps someone more expert can enlighten?

As I understand it, CVs 31 and 32 are used to index CV groups and have to be used before programming the related CVs. 

Roy

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

So now taken delivery of my 3 and a couple of days to have a good look at them, 11 and 15 were fine 002 had some issues which Accurascale have said they will sort.

I wish I had got sound sound models now as I am very reluctant to remove the fragile body, I already have a SWD Loksound 5 decoder for one of them, which I tried yesterday at least you can fit decoder without removing the body, It doesn't seem to operate the lights entirely correctly but its only the tail lights which I'm not too bothered about, the sound through the built in Sugar Cube speakers on the DCC ready model seems to be frankly rubbish and I am now thinking if I can get a better speaker in the roof recess without having to remove  the body.

As far as the body goes I think the chains to the bogie would have been better left off and possibly making them an optional customer fit in the detailing pack, the ladders at the nose end look extremely easy to break, again I think they would be better left off or making them a customer fit in the detailing pack.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

As I understand it, CVs 31 and 32 are used to index CV groups and have to be used before programming the related CVs. 

Roy

Thanks, I tried the changes and yes the Stay Alive now works Hurrah. Unfortunately the forward direction headlights now stay on permanantly (previously these lights did not work at all). If I go into reverse I have headlights at both ends and if I turn on the tail lights they are on at the forward end as well as the headlights!

1 hour ago, boxbrownie said:

Same here, I ordered six packs and unfortunately they all came in one small Jiffy bag, only two pairs of figures are complete, the rest are missing arms or hands, the hands are especially vulnerable being so fine, but I feel they could have been packed a lot better, the bag just got squished in transit I guess.

Perhaps those figures could be used to fill up your model railway's disability quota. Equal opportunities for all, including small model people.

• Funny 3

1 minute ago, murphaph said:

Then let the eBay extortion begin....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/325251431302

I was honestly expecting a sound fitted Gordon to appear on eBay first.

On a lighter note, Tulyar has just arrived from the DPS;

672240806_PXL_20220702_121717723.NIGHT2.thumb.jpg.288dadb065f79d34e319c2ca242265a0.jpg

Perfect right out of the box, and suitably posed with RSG;

429277201_PXL_20220702_121701981.NIGHT2.thumb.jpg.7cf656b80834e0e5f855efa7e6bddd0c.jpg

This just leaves KOYLI and Alycidon to pick up on Monday which are waiting for me at work. 

Cheers,

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Edna Clouds said:

I have always thought that the 'wives stories' were made up in order to have a non-woke chuckle, that's why I introduced the idea of 'Matron' in a nursing home for those of us already there some pages ago. Also 'gone along' is my greatly missed partner who once informed me of her disinterest in my "sodding trains". Hey-ho!

Although not in a nursing home my wife is a real 'matron' in the qualified nurse sense!

Will let you know if matron nagging mode is worse than wife nagging mode!

• Funny 5

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Markwj said:

Will let you know if matron nagging mode is worse than wife nagging mode!

I would imagine the former is with a greater selection of tools of discomfort at her disposal. Probably doesn't remember the incident for as long though.

• Funny 6

57 minutes ago, Haverail said:

Thanks, I tried the changes and yes the Stay Alive now works Hurrah. Unfortunately the forward direction headlights now stay on permanantly (previously these lights did not work at all). If I go into reverse I have headlights at both ends and if I turn on the tail lights they are on at the forward end as well as the headlights!

Was the chip a factory fitted AS one or one of your own that the lights didn't work?

1 minute ago, DIRTY DIESEL said:

Was the chip a factory fitted AS one or one of your own that the lights didn't work?

I’m still waiting for my two, so can’t experiment, but I have been devouring the documentation as it becomes available

But

Have AccuraScale documented anywhere WHICH lights are wired to WHICH function outputs?  That’s basic knowledge that is needed before anyone tries to remap lights to other function buttons

Hopefully I’ve just missed it somewhere…..??

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Haverail said:

Sounds very Christmassey with all the lights on,soon be here.......

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, North Devonian said:

Did DPS let you know it had been dispatched.

Yes I received an email with the royal mail item number (just signed for, not tracked sadly) 

Cheers,

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, gazwire said:

Perhaps those figures could be used to fill up your model railway's disability quota. Equal opportunities for all, including small model people.

That’s already taken care of as all the crew figures I have have to have leg amputations regardless, every Loco cab has less legroom than the rear of a Fiat Cinquecento 🤣

• Like 1
  • Funny 5