Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Gold

Slight technical question which I hope someone can help me with.  I bought a DC only D9009 as that’s all I could afford at the time and I’ve just fitted the ModelU crew and Accurathrash speaker, now just waiting for the sound decoder to come back into stock (hopefully next week)

For now, I’ve put a Bachmann 21 pin chip in and all is well, except that the headlight’s come on (all good so far) except the tail lights don’t.  So when I change ends, the headlight comes on, again the tail light doesn’t.  

Do I need to go into the CV’s and change it or should I just wait until the sound decoder arrives and swop it over?

Edited by jools1959
Spelling

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, mikeford2002uk said:

you haven't mentioned that you tried function 12. Unlike some un-prototypical models the accurascale 55 doesn't light the rear lights as default (as it would usually hauling something)

hope this helps

Mike

I’ve given F12 a try and the tail lights came on at both ends, and stayed on, even if I have the headlights on, so I’m a little perplexed.  I’ll sleep on it and have another try after a nights sleep.  I’ve got a NCE Powercab which isn’t the easiest to access the function keys.

Edited by jools1959
Punctuation

It's normal practice for locos with multipin decoders with lots of function outputs to separate out the rear lights from the traditional directional output to separate function outputs so that all prototypical lighting variations can be accessed.

According to the list on Accurascales website, red tail lights are on Aux1 and Aux2, cab lights on Aux 3 and Aux4 and engine room on Aux11 outputs. (and various WIPAC light options on Aux 5-7 and 10)

You may need to do a bit of function mapping to get the lights operating in the manner you wish.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Just started playing with one of my deltics (my upset at the delay early in 2022 was because I knew that the result would be no playtime for me until about now!)

BUT WOW - what a wonderful model. The sound takes things to another level. the running is sily smooth, and it really does creep along at speedstep 1, no unrealistic taking off that some have reported. The loksound chip is unmodified except for enabling drivehold, and I'm using an MRC Prodigy Avdance2. Its is fantastic (a couple of cosmetic issues which I will be emailing AS about on monday). Much more to write and say, but will have to wait for another time (possibly with a youtube review eventually)

I'm shuttling up and down my table top with a big grin on my face, pushing and pulling a couple of illuminated Bachmann Mk2Fs with interior lights on an taillight flashing! In this pattern of operation, is there any way to have the headlight on at the end running in reverse (i.e. the crew are operating from one cab and just leaving the headlights on while pushing the train). Its annoying to turn the headlight off each time I reverse direction in my shuttle.

Any advice on CV mods etc to achieve this (if possible) would be much appreciated. 

EDIT: now turned sound off and notice a quiet high pitched whine from one end of the model, i think its the capacitor bank. Is it supposed to do this? My ears are quite sensitive to high pitched noises (i can hear cat deterers etc).

Edited by G-BOAF
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Markwj said:

Any update on the sound decoders which I think were sat on the dock/ in customs?

thanks

mark

Hi Mark,

Yes actually, the customs saga is finally coming to an end, and we hope to have them in stock for dispatch by mid next week. What an epic saga it has turned out to be!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Knapdale said:

Has anyone tried fitting the buffer beam detail while still using tension lock couplings? If so, how much of the detail can be added without interfering with the coupling?

Dont think it can be done. I tried my D9009 with the detailing on 1 end and with the. Lower placement of the ETH socket the bogie frame still hit it so it fell off. So its stayed off. 

• Informative/Useful 1

On 06/10/2022 at 10:46, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Mark,

Yes actually, the customs saga is finally coming to an end, and we hope to have them in stock for dispatch by mid next week. What an epic saga it has turned out to be!

Cheers!

Fran 

Once the custom's issue is sorted are any available for purchase or are they all sold out?

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, 40002 said:

Once the custom's issue is sorted are any available for purchase or are they all sold out?

There should be a small stock available once preorders are dispatched.

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, ProjectRedcar said:

Will there be more in stock on the website in the future?

As in, will the out of stock models be available to buy again?

Thanks

Not of the first run no, but another run is being worked up for next year.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, PieGuyRob said:

So no futher examples of Gordon Highlander in Porterbrook livery?

I know @McC has agreed with this post and whilst it won't be coming in the second batch surely using the Wipac tooling and the demand for the purple beasty should mean a future run (3+) of this if not a slight alteration if there was one during it's time in purple is called for? I'm happy to be corrected and told more strongly that it definitely won't happen but seems a bit of a waste of wipac tooling and why not give the ppl what they want.

I have a DCC sound version thankfully as I was quick off the mark but asked at model rail Scotland about it within the first half hour and was told that there had been 3 people ask the same question before me so I can't believe the demand isn't there. Accurascale is a business so makes most sense to deliver something they know will almost certainly sell out quickly and I'm sure they'll be strong demand in the retailer channels too.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, E100 said:

I know @McC has agreed with this post and whilst it won't be coming in the second batch surely using the Wipac tooling and the demand for the purple beasty should mean a future run (3+) of this if not a slight alteration if there was one during it's time in purple is called for? I'm happy to be corrected and told more strongly that it definitely won't happen but seems a bit of a waste of wipac tooling and why not give the ppl what they want.

It was in Green with Wipacs for a period.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Will the next batch include d9000 as today? (And as 1990s i think unless there are major differences?)

Can the front step be made smaller - i notice that on the 1980s d9000 model, the step looked a bit wide and too rounded in the corners, despite correctly having the plating above and round it

Definately an area for improvement.

Fran, thanks for the Deltics….really pleased with the 3 I’ve got, so far, but I’m just not quick enough to snap up a Ballymoss when the emails are sent out 🙄

I not opened up DDC ready 55 017 yet as Im going to upgrade to sound….. do I need to get the speaker with the sound chip or is it already fitted?

when are you planning to announce the next batch and are you going to do another FP white windows version?

cheers

Brenn

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, brenn said:

Fran, thanks for the Deltics….really pleased with the 3 I’ve got, so far, but I’m just not quick enough to snap up a Ballymoss when the emails are sent out 🙄

I not opened up DDC ready 55 017 yet as Im going to upgrade to sound….. do I need to get the speaker with the sound chip or is it already fitted?

when are you planning to announce the next batch and are you going to do another FP white windows version?

cheers

Brenn

The DCC ready model includes the stay-alive, sugar cube speaker as standard, so you just need to pop in the sound chip, and the (optional) accurathrash spreaker to match up to the sound fitted spec. Hth!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, McC said:

The DCC ready model includes the stay-alive, sugar cube speaker as standard, so you just need to pop in the sound chip, and the (optional) accurathrash spreaker to match up to the sound fitted spec. Hth!

Definately worth getting the accurathrash speaker too :)

• Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1