Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @spamcan61,

That is also correct, the factory did much head scratching around tungsten and felt it could not be done in this application. However we are using a zinc alloy that is not mazak. Over 800g per loco though, so plenty of weight nonetheless!

Cheers!

Fran 

What,why not depleated uranium,thats more dense than i am.............probably run for years with no power supply on track,its the future of model power.

• Funny 5

17 hours ago, RozM said:

Actually six blue ones had white window frames. Finsbury Park Depot Manager decided to give its six 'racehorses' a distinctive look back in 1979. I've ordered 'Ballymoss' and 'Tulyar' and am hoping the other four are considered in future production runs with this look.

Fran, do you plan to do an updated sales table on the Deltics?

Ooh close..... I only guessed 

Well the first batch aren't even here yet and wish listing for batch 2 has started.  So without further ado, I'm ready to put down a deposit on 55013 black watch in bulled up  BR blue, like it was right at the end. First deltic I ever saw, after making the journey to York and seeing none whatsoever all day (they were almost gone at that point)   we consoled ourselves with fizzy pop in the nrm canteen, getting ready to go home dejected, looking out of the canteen window it suddenly appeared, light engine and very smokey. Amazing. Favourite engine ever since!

Somehow I can't imagine memories of an azuma having the same effect on todays kids in forty years time. 

• Like 6
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

Well the first batch aren't even here yet and wish listing for batch 2 has started.  So without further ado, I'm ready to put down a deposit on 55013 black watch in bulled up  BR blue, like it was right at the end. First deltic I ever saw, after making the journey to York and seeing none whatsoever all day (they were almost gone at that point)   we consoled ourselves with fizzy pop in the nrm canteen, getting ready to go home dejected, looking out of the canteen window it suddenly appeared, light engine and very smokey. Amazing. Favourite engine ever since!

Somehow I can't imagine memories of an azuma having the same effect on todays kids in forty years time. 

Good film score,their eyes met across a smokey station,to be honest a lot at the end of steam had no thought any diesel would be cherrished,we are locked into our timeline and era at birth it seems.

Edited by ERIC ALLTORQUE
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

On 26/01/2022 at 17:11, The Ghost of IKB said:

B****y '13 - it used to follow me round everywhere, got to be a big joke amongst my friends as we'd arrive back at Leeds after a day out and there would be 55013 sitting on a KX train.  I even walked into Liverpool Lime Street and found it grinning back at me...

I can forgve it now and needless to say I'm sure we'll meet again, but I'll wait for it to turn up in banger blue, that's how I'll always remember it, not bulled up late in it's life.  So it's Finsbury Park white windows and Ballymoss this time round.

Martin

1980204.jpg.64ec03051b4a5d72281567afeadc820c.jpg1980205.jpg.b203f3192c995ebe24b2a98efce919cf.jpg

Edited by mcowgill
Reinserted missing images
  • Like 16
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Not saying they would, but I'd rather a delay than they be rushed :) We're over 3 years  since announcement, what's a couple more month between friends?

A lot has happened in that time, mostly bad!

Edited by Bucoops
  • Agree 8

2 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

Not saying they would, but I'd rather a delay than they be rushed :)

Then again better swiftly finished by experience staff than messed up by the new recruits at the start of next year's production.

I guess we will hear more tomorrow.

59 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

what's a couple more month between friends?

Well if it means the deltics, 37s and slw25s all appear at the same time it means I will have to max out a dredit* card.  I'd rather they all came at different times, hence I'm hoping for deltics sooner rather than later, followed by 25s in summer and 37s in autumn.

*credit card bill you dread arriving.

• RMweb Gold
44 minutes ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

Well if it means the deltics, 37s and slw25s all appear at the same time it means I will have to max out a dredit* card.  I'd rather they all came at different times, hence I'm hoping for deltics sooner rather than later, followed by 25s in summer and 37s in autumn.

*credit card bill you dread arriving.

I paid a couple of mine off at the time of ordering, but when I got sucked into another one, I am doing that in about 3 installments (against my usual rule) - but in theory by the time they are ready for dispatch, they are all fully paid for :)

Edited by Bucoops

On 26/01/2022 at 10:01, 97406 said:

There is no reason for me to go DCC at the moment as I only have the small layout. I will probably take the plunge when it eventually gets incorporated into a bigger one.

That is the very reason you need to convert to DCC. Start small then grow. I am sure most users of DCC will tell you that it is easier to "start small" with DCC then grow your layout and fleet as you go. You just need to be accustomed to buying a decoder every time you buy a new loco or unit.  

• Agree 6

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, Covkid said:

That is the very reason you need to convert to DCC. Start small then grow. I am sure most users of DCC will tell you that it is easier to "start small" with DCC then grow your layout and fleet as you go. You just need to be accustomed to buying a decoder every time you buy a new loco or unit.  

I have 40 or 50 locos (and a couple of DMUs) to retrofit. It’s a project in its own right, and not high priority at the moment considering the locos spend most of their time being admired on the mantelpiece. Of course, I hope to retire in the next 10 years or so, so it will be an interesting project to run alongside a layout extension, and maybe a decent shed in the garden to house it too. 

Edited by 97406
Spotted a typo
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Good morning @G-BOAF,

I'm afraid not. As referred to above, the COVID outbreaks in China slowed production in the last couple of weeks which lost the factory up to 2 hours per day of productivity (every staff member is getting tested daily) and this hampered us at the final hurdle. 

We have also been assessing the production samples, and all is good apart from the lack of paint on the engine room detail which the factory forgot to do, so this will be done before they leave the factory. 

978260833_ImagefromiOS(71).jpg.1b456b11f8e157a68d45d1aa07016e21.jpg

We're sorry about the delay everyone, but once again the 'C' word (no not that one!) has nobbled us a bit at the very final hurdle.

Chinesenewyear?

27 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Good morning @G-BOAF,

I'm afraid not. As referred to above, the COVID outbreaks in China slowed production in the last couple of weeks which lost the factory up to 2 hours per day of productivity (every staff member is getting tested daily) and this hampered us at the final hurdle. 

We have also been assessing the production samples, and all is good apart from the lack of paint on the engine room detail which the factory forgot to do, so this will be done before they leave the factory. 

978260833_ImagefromiOS(71).jpg.1b456b11f8e157a68d45d1aa07016e21.jpg

191196328_ImagefromiOS(70).jpg.6f27051546e8d9a28435b7514b17dfa7.jpg

They are still tantalisingly close, but delivery now slips into Q2 from late Q1. We will have a more specific date when they arrive back in work in a few weeks. With so little left to do on them (apart from engine block painting)  no sloppiness should creep in and any new workers would not be on a project this advanced on their first day. So rest assured quality would not be affected.

We're sorry about the delay everyone, but once again the 'C' word (no not that one!) has nobbled us a bit at the very final hurdle.

Thanks for your continued patience, and we will have these models above (and more!) available to view on our stand in Glasgow.

Cheers!

Fran 

Arrgggggg

I hope this extra delay doesn't impact Accurascales bottom line too much. Every delay eats into the "paid already" funds I guess

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

I'm looking forward to getting the ones I've ordered, but I'm perfectly happy to wait. Given all the effects of the pandemic (which are still impacting trade and manufacturing) waiting a few more months isn't an issue. And that picture of the model and its box look gorgeous.

Edited by curlypaws
  • Agree 5

34 minutes ago, confused said:

Why such huge boxes?  

To mess up our neatly packed and stored Hornby and Bachmann boxes which are all the same shape and size :laugh:

Although like others have said I prefer a strong box and good packaging for a model vs saving space

• Agree 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, Bucoops said:

I paid a couple of mine off at the time of ordering, but when I got sucked into another one, I am doing that in about 3 installments (against my usual rule) - but in theory by the time they are ready for dispatch, they are all fully paid for :)

I pay at time of order, then it comes as a lovely surprise after one/two/three years to find an order coming for a brilliant model I don’t have to pay for, well that’s what it feels like by then :D

• Like 1
  • Agree 5