Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

1 hour ago, McC said:

This is a sound fitted model. More photos anon :)

821g once the engine room is painted...

Have very much enjoyed today's updates even though it wasn't the news the team had worked for, so thanks. 

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, McC said:

Exactly that. We do a lot of design work on our boxes and inner packing to ensure the product will not move in transit and drop tests to ensure it can’t break the packaging either. Bear in mind that Deltic is almost 750g.  That’s a lot of structural packaging  needed to ensure it arrives to your door the same way it leaves ours. 

Alot the American manufacturers have used boxes of this size and style for years for their locos, its definitely the way to go with such heavy and highly detailed models, I've never had anything arrive damaged, ever, using this style of box and Ive had alot of H0 stuff over the years. The cheap and cheerful Bachmann & Hornby style of packaging just doesn't cut it for this sort of thing IMO.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

191196328_ImagefromiOS(70).jpg.6f27051546e8d9a28435b7514b17dfa7.jpg

Wow.

That box is very err.. very Purple. Looks like an O gauge box.

Whats stunning is from the image I can even tell the Deltics fuel gauge is looking full.
Thats pretty impressive.

Worth the wait, and I can use the boxes to build an extension to run the locos in.

:D

With several class 55’s coming, 820g each, postmans going to thinking i’m winding up with a delivery of breeze blocks.

it is only January, but I think were looking at model of the year here… Its detail and finish is  leaping out from the picture and Ive not even got it yet I can see its fantastic.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Funny 2

3 hours ago, philg said:

also, there are two different 21 pin “standards”. One has full voltage on all functions, the other has logic level for two of them. Which is the Deltic expecting?

I hope it is the normal (in my eyes) version where outputs 3-6 are logical. The Hattons 66 requires powered outputs on 3-6 and so requires LokPilot/Sound MKLs which are more difficult to come by over here.

2 hours ago, McC said:

"Final" Kerb weight confirmed

How does that compare to a Heljan 128? Must be similar. Better than a Hattons 66 I think as it was 700 something.

6 hours ago, SteamingWales said:

To mess up our neatly packed and stored Hornby and Bachmann boxes which are all the same shape and size

Although I think everyone else actually have boxes more akin to this size, Hattons 66 and Dapol 68 look almost as big as these boxes. I think Heljan are bigger than Bachmann and Hornby too box wise.

7 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

To protect them I guess. I would rather have a big box and an intact loco than a smaller box and a jigsaw puzzle when it arrives.

Oddly enough a bigger box didn't help the aforementioned 66s! But I agree with what you're saying.

1 hour ago, TomScrut said:

I hope it is the normal (in my eyes) version where outputs 3-6 are logical. The Hattons 66 requires powered outputs on 3-6 and so requires LokPilot/Sound MKLs which are more difficult to come by over here.

It wasn’t an issue before as I only order a sound fitted version. But now I’ve stumbled across Locomotion still having a couple of white-windowed blue-uns, I have a second in order. Zibo’s regular  21MTC decoders can be both types, but their sound decoders can’t. Hence my question (thinking about possible future temptation)

Hi Fran, 

Now, here's something I just know you won't have considered at Accurascale Towers, that being a tag line to rival "Detail, Detail, Detail, It's for KEEPS"..... 

How about something along the lines of "Perfection, Perfection, Perfection, While others WEEP"... 

Just an idle thought, but that packaging just screams BUY ME! 

Cheers, 

Shed. 

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

Presumably there is also accessory packs, pages of reporting numbers, nameplates etc. all need to go in as well without risk of damage or damaging the model.

I'm not surprised there's a delay, it was very unlikely to get done by Chinese New Year. It is what it is :)

Are they going to have to open them all up to paint the engine?

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Um, a bit difficult to paint the engine when it's all boxed up.  :lol:

Ok I asked for that :P I meant are the bodies all on their frames now, is the pictures of the boxed ones the samples?

21 minutes ago, Shedmaster said:

Hi Fran, 

Now, here's something I just know you won't have considered at Accurascale Towers, that being a tag line to rival "Detail, Detail, Detail, It's for KEEPS"..... 

How about something along the lines of "Perfection, Perfection, Perfection, While others WEEP"... 

Just an idle thought, but that packaging just screams BUY ME! 

Cheers, 

Shed. 

who needs a tag line when you can provide a loco with such a high degree of detail and engineering to market for only £40 more than a ex lima model from another company's 2022 range.... they did get one thing right it is 'For keeps' probably in a warehouse in the Margate area when these beauty's come in and no one buys them!

As always Fran and team your updates are still a much welcome breath of fresh air when it comes to customer relations and they certainly will be well worth the wait. Can wait to see them in person at Glasgow in under a month.

• Like 4
  • Agree 7
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, virginhst539 said:

who needs a tag line when you can provide a loco with such a high degree of detail and engineering to market for only £40 more than a ex lima model from another company's 2022 range.... they did get one thing right it is 'For keeps' probably in a warehouse in the Margate area when these beauty's come in and no one buys them!

And the pricing of the sound fitted versions is amazing - a sight for sore eyes (and ears!)

There is an Australian company doing similar great things, and one of their "boasts" is to add factory fitted sound to a model for AUD100 (just over 50 quid!!).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, philg said:

And the pricing of the sound fitted versions is amazing - a sight for sore eyes (and ears!)

There is an Australian company doing similar great things, and one of their "boasts" is to add factory fitted sound to a model for AUD100 (just over 50 quid!!).

Yes, the sound upgrade is about the retail for the decoder. Now Bachmann are doing LS5s (rather than LSSs) then they offer similar value in terms of decoder but I think their speakers aren't the same spec and there's no stay alive. Having said that, I think in the case of AS (and some Bachmann stuff) all you're paying for is the decoder (and the file) as it comes with the rest fitted I think?

Edited by TomScrut
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, adb968008 said:

it is only January, but I think were looking at model of the year here… Its detail and finish is  leaping out from the picture and Ive not even got it yet I can see its fantastic.

Hope so, but I can also see it being leapforgged by the 37 if that makes it in this calendar year. Not because I think the 37 will be a better model, but that it has wider appeal and is more justifiable on a wider range of layouts, and if it comes out towards the end of the year will be fresher in minds than the deltic. Don't get me wrong, I think the Deltic is excellent, I have two on order (vs no 37s.... YET). Had AS got the Deltic out in 2021 then it would have swept the board...

21 minutes ago, philg said:

Is this Australian model fitted with a Loksound v5 or a Loksound 'Select' or lower (think TTS type thing). £50 for a full fat reprogrammable decoder seems impossible

• Agree 2

Just a quick note about how helpful Accurascale have been today. 

I had a 55022 on order but over the weekend I altered the parameters of my layout project so that this loco was no longer appropriate, whereas 55005 was now what I needed.

An email enquiry was sent to AS over the weekend, and an exchange of emails took place this morning. AS were quite happy to cancel the order for 022 and refund the deposit to my credit card, and this afternoon I was able to place the order for 005. 

A painless process, so massive thanks to AS for their customer service.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, Bucoops said:

Ok I asked for that :P I meant are the bodies all on their frames now, is the pictures of the boxed ones the samples?

Hi Rich,

The bodies have not been mated to the chassis in the factory other than these factory finished samples, so should not take quite as long to get them painted correct. Only problem is the sheer number needing paint, as they have been quite popular on pre-order...

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Rich,

The bodies have not been mated to the chassis in the factory other than these factory finished samples, so should not take quite as long to get them painted correct. Only problem is the sheer number needing paint, as they have been quite popular on pre-order...

Cheers!

Fran 

I’m quite happy to have mine without. I’ll quite happily paint the innards meself! :) :acute:

• RMweb Gold
Just now, 97406 said:

I’m quite happy to have mine without. I’ll quite happily paint the innards meself! :) :acute:

…the irony is that this is likely to be one of the few models that stays as it is straight out of the box with me!

15 hours ago, philg said:

Yes Auscision. I have a sound fitted loco coming from them next week.

I woke up with an idea today.

Given the latest delay is related, primarily to the factory OMITTING to paint the engine room detail (something they were long specified to do), is there any contractual possibility that the factory can be made to pay for the cost differential of air freighting (vs sea or land passage) to ensure these models arrive on time to Accurascale and then end customer?

This would enable them to be completed when factories reopen in March, but still get to Europe in the timeframe originally planned for (mid-March)

Just a thought that will benefit Accurascale (get the models out before end of this FY) and their customers....

Edited by G-BOAF

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Michael Hodgson said:

That's a commercial matter for Accurascale.  

Their Quality Control has picked up an issue and it's being rectified, the contractor presumably bearing the cost of doing that.  No reason for them to p*ss off a contractor who is doing a good quality work and who they will probably want to use again.

Plus it gives me a couple of months’ breathing room after going Can-crazy in January!