Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, 40002 said:

I haven't herd anything from Rails yet I presume they contact you first?

My other one is from Locomotion but I had to pay all up front for that one so I'm guessing I might not even hear anything from them it will presumably just turn up at some point.

I couldn't get either model with sound but I have an SWD Loksound 5 decoder for one of them the other will have to be without sound for the moment, but the issue will be which one gets the sound 55002 or 55015?

No direct contact but an email saying they had charged my card. I only have one on order from them, the other is direct from Accurascale and already paid for (thank the Lord!!)  :)

10 minutes ago, MikeParkin65 said:

No direct contact but an email saying they had charged my card. I only have one on order from them, the other is direct from Accurascale and already paid for (thank the Lord!!)  :)

Oh OK thanks, I ordered mine quite late in fact I had to really scrape around to get anything like the versions I wanted so I guess I will be at the bottom of the list.

• RMweb Gold
Just now, 40002 said:

Oh OK thanks, I ordered mine quite late in fact I had to really scrape around to get anything like the versions I wanted so I guess I will be at the bottom of the list.

That makes sense - I ordered relatively early, in fact tried to order via the DPS but couldnt get my head around their online sales as they were at the time so went the 'safe' route of Rails. 

Does anybody else have the same problems with Locomotion models?

They requested outstanding balance for my Deltic. Happy to pay it but payment wasn't going through for some reason. So tried calling them to pay over the phone. If you ring them it immediatley goes to some weird music. No message from them, no nothing. Have called the NRM helpdesk. Two very helpful ladies passed three messages to a guy called Stewart who works in the shop to call me back and conclude the transaction. Nobody has called. I've left an email via their 'contact us' on website. Nothing.. Not a dicky bird...

Are they normally this appallingly bad??  

• RMweb Gold
Just now, RozM said:

They requested outstanding balance for my Deltic. Happy to pay it but payment wasn't going through for some reason. So tried calling them to pay over the phone. If you ring them it immediatley goes to some weird music. No message from them, no nothing. Have called the NRM helpdesk. Two very helpful ladies passed three messages to a guy called Stewart who works in the shop to call me back and conclude the transaction. Nobody has called. I've left an email via their 'contact us' on website. Nothing.. Not a dicky bird...

Sadly, I had a similar experience with the limited edition 66779 Evening Star.  Pre-ordered it, couldn't pay balance as it wouldn't let me, numerous calls/email went unanswered and in the end they decided I didn't want it and cancelled my order.

Roy

• Friendly/supportive 4

2 minutes ago, RozM said:

Hi, I am sorry to hear this please can you email me direct at thomas.mackie@sciencemusuem.ac.uk and I will pick this up as a matter of urgency.

Cheers

Tom

• Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, Tom Mackie SMG said:

Hi, I am sorry to hear this please can you email me direct at thomas.mackie@sciencemusuem.ac.uk and I will pick this up as a matter of urgency.

Cheers

Tom

Spoke to Tom earlier this morning about an amendment to my order and he was super helpful despite being on his own. Look forward to receiving my Locomotion Deltic in due course.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Tom Mackie SMG said:

Cheers

Tom

Many thanks Tom. I will email you.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 05/06/2022 at 13:29, Ken.W said:

Quite right. DieselPrototype2 wasnt a 'Deltic' - the name refers to the Napier Deltic engines fitted in the 55s and 'Baby Deltic' 23s.

DP2 had a class 40 engine, but fitted with turbo chargers which actually did more than just make a nice noise for the enthusiasts to listen to.

And yes, the 50s were the DP2 production series, but by that time BR's design standards required flat fronted cabs.

I hadn't heard before that DP2 was fitted with a Class 40 engine. Wasn't the Class 40 engine a 16SVT whereas DP2 and the 50s were 16CSVT engines - similar but a later development. DP2's engine was reused in D400 and then later in other Class 50s as engine swops occurred.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Tim Hall said:

Money for two locos ordered via Rails left my account a few days ago, but no email yet. So I hope it is them and not some other forgotten expense 🙀.

Ditto for one. No email from Rails but just happened to notice the dent in the bank account.

Another announcement from Accurascale this morning. Impressive. I reckon the team combo of model railway enthusiasts and top notch business heads is resulting in the outcome we are seeing. Leading the way.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, zr2498 said:

Ditto for one. No email from Rails but just happened to notice the dent in the bank account.

Another announcement from Accurascale this morning. Impressive. I reckon the team combo of model railway enthusiasts and top notch business heads is resulting in the outcome we are seeing. Leading the way.

Just checked by Rails account, which states that they've taken the balance, which is a relief. Thought I'd forgotten something else to that value.

1 hour ago, zr2498 said:

Me too. A (not really) surprise transaction via PayPal. Yayyyyy

That said, I wish they would send information about how much they’re charging. Then I wouldn’t be guessing about the few quid extra (shipping?.). In any case, my Rails account has yet to be updated……..

Edited by philg

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, philg said:

Me too. A (not really) surprise transaction via PayPal. Yayyyyy

That said, I wish they would send information about how much they’re charging. Then I wouldn’t be guessing about the few quid extra (shipping?.). In any case, my Rails account has yet to be updated……..

Well ive just rang and paid RoS and the shipping is £4.

I believe the container gets to there facility tomorrow and then it will need the RoS and DPg stuff will need to get to them.

Exciting stuff for everyone concerned.

• RMweb Premium
23 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

I believe the container ....

ContainerS. I believe Accurascale mentioned up thread that they have 2 40ft containers carrying the Deltics. That is a LOT of models! But then they are producing one model of every single class member, 22 in total. I have no idea of how many they might have made of each one, but at a guess at least 250 of each. So at a guess that’s well over 5000 models. 

• RMweb Gold
46 minutes ago, nightstar.train said:

ContainerS. I believe Accurascale mentioned up thread that they have 2 40ft containers carrying the Deltics. That is a LOT of models! But then they are producing one model of every single class member, 22 in total. I have no idea of how many they might have made of each one, but at a guess at least 250 of each. So at a guess that’s well over 5000 models. 

Quite a smidge more 👍

• Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Any idea if we get notification of courier or tracking? That's the only clue to me of mine being dispatched, and knowing whether anyone will be at home. I paid for mine with Paypal credit (£120 - interest free over 3 months, nice little discount) so it was paid in full immediately to Accurascale, so I can't look for a dent in the balance.

• RMweb Gold

Rails just charged for 2 of mine.

My 9 from AS are requested to be combined..

Leaves one outlier.

Meanwhile the veg is growing nicely to feed the family later this summer and roadsworks finished at the bottom of the street so its strong enough for delivery.

Silence falls awaiting in expectation, We just need a realtimetrains equivalent to track them.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
46 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Rails just charged for 2 of mine.

My 9 from AS are requested to be combined..

Leaves one outlier.

Meanwhile the veg is growing nicely to feed the family later this summer and roadsworks finished at the bottom of the street so its strong enough for delivery.

Silence falls awaiting in expectation, We just need a realtimetrains equivalent to track them.

I hope you have underpinned your house, done a full structural assessment and have reinforced your track layout & base! 12 is a lot of weight lol🤣

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, reddragon said:

I hope you have underpinned your house, done a full structural assessment and have reinforced your track layout & base! 12 is a lot of weight lol🤣

3 are moving on, to a friend, but it still leaves me with 9!

ive got to dump my old Bachhy ones yet too.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, stewartingram said:

Any idea if we get notification of courier or tracking? That's the only clue to me of mine being dispatched, and knowing whether anyone will be at home. I paid for mine with Paypal credit (£120 - interest free over 3 months, nice little discount) so it was paid in full immediately to Accurascale, so I can't look for a dent in the balance.

We'll send email notifications (and SMS if you signed up for them) at dispatch with full tracking details :) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 2