Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

42 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

hmmm, well we were in a large building with Deltics today.

Back to where it all began for us on our Deltic journey….

095BB685-A4AC-4066-B6D0-8BF0018E291E.jpeg.bf15501f2dcd734c6dc3c1a5718192a1.jpeg

More on that very soon!

Cheers!

Fran

Don't tell me you are measuring up the Deltics again because this wasn't quite up to the standards you wanted, and you will be announcing a new tooled Deltic for release in Q4 2023...? Twin 5 pole motors that actually look like a Deltic engine, with daylight slightly visible at the front of each generator...

Or are you measuring the square buffer mounts on 55008's cab? Or measuring the length of the cab to tool up some cab-off-cut models?

The fact is that there is nothing much except Deltics in the DPS shed at Barrow Hill.

Did you manage to drop off the DPS special editions while you were there?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Don't tell me you are measuring up the Deltics again because this wasn't quite up to the standards you wanted, and you will be announcing a new tooled Deltic for release in Q4 2023...? Twin 5 pole motors that actually look like a Deltic engine, with daylight slightly visible at the front of each generator...

Or are you measuring the square buffer mounts on 55008's cab? Or measuring the length of the cab to tool up some cab-off-cut models?

The fact is that there is nothing much except Deltics in the DPS shed at Barrow Hill.

Did you manage to drop off the DPS special editions while you were there?

Not in the deltic shed but there is a class 89 at BH 👀 🤞 😂

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
40 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

The fact is that there is nothing much except Deltics in the DPS shed at Barrow Hill

I dunno, there’s a partially restored Austerity sitting there currently…

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

24 minutes ago, Islesy said:

I dunno, there’s a partially restored Austerity sitting there currently…

Weird. DPS giving it house room? Shouldn't it be in the round house next door?

I presume you would start measurements on a fully restored one though...!

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Northmoor MPD said:

Not in the deltic shed but there is a class 89 at BH 👀🤞😂

Oh don't tease!

Maybe we're going to get a deltic stimulator?

image.png.4cb076b23e0087bde978ee09c2f32b5d.png

Photo: 

Kevin Hutchinson

• Like 1
  • Funny 5

11 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Are we going to get the Howard Carter views of the container being opened up..........

Hopefully not the Geraldo Rivera version instead.

• Funny 1

12 hours ago, Bucoops said:

Oh don't tease!

Maybe we're going to get a deltic stimulator?

image.png.4cb076b23e0087bde978ee09c2f32b5d.png

Photo: 

Kevin Hutchinson

I've mentioned this before, but if there are any scrap cabs or body-shells from the development process, it would be great if they could be made available for bashing into this sort of arrangement (even if we have to source buffers from elsewhere!)

27 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

Now that model I’d buy…..👍

It would make a change from the usual chairs, sofas and coffee table in sitting rooms. Likely it would also make a change from the usual woman in the house too! 😆

• Like 1
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

Time for another Deltic related announcement.

Presenting... AccuraFolk! No, it's not a new musical movement combining Irish folk movement with Napier drone. It is a new range of driver figures and accessories!

We teamed up with the great people at Modelu to design a driver and secondman crew for our Deltics. 

7E7027A4-F933-4606-A25A-E52393C93623_1_105_c.jpeg.5c6305074f0f21e36fe0f50574050ef6.jpeg

Using 3D scanning and printing technology and a 1969 issue BR uniform we have since created a coloured 3D print of driver and secondman specifically for our Deltics. 

E006A9C7-5989-44C1-8C8A-3F9A820BFBC3_1_105_c.jpg.cec822866ca6cd6d9b62b4a41620ea43.jpg

C528C596-1E79-40C4-ACF3-26732CC93D4A_1_105_c.jpg.0c83ecb1ef3b66dea53d90b84723d4c8.jpg

Check out the whole story in our latest blog (including how a Hobnob almost got us in trouble!) and pre-ordering information. https://accurascale.co.uk/blogs/news/new-announcement-crew-your-deltics-with-accurafolk

We will of course look to expand this British designed and made range should this first run prove successful.

Cheers!

Fran 

Very accurate - the driver's legless again (allegedly)  and the secondman is a biscuit short of a pack ;)

• Like 2
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium

Just a quick question, I am really interested in the earlier figures than these post 1969…….does the release of the earlier date batch depend upon the success of the first later period batch selling?

• RMweb Premium

My assumption is these are to be provided at each release i.e. no need to preorder these for class 37's? Assuming it's successful of course.

Edited by E100
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

Just a quick question, I am really interested in the earlier figures than these post 1969…….does the release of the earlier date batch depend upon the success of the first later period batch selling?

Hi @boxbrownie,

No, we will do the earlier style of driver regardless. The success of these will determine them being done for our other locomotives.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @boxbrownie,

No, we will do the earlier style of driver regardless. The success of these will determine them being done for our other locomotives.

Cheers!

Fran 

Given the amount of notifications on your website of "X from Y has just bought Deltic Crew", I think you on to another winner.

I've ordered two packs for my 55001 and 55018.

Roy

• Like 2