Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Premium
58 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

OMG WTF BBQ! Despatch notification. Don't Panic! Don't Panic! They don't like it up 'em Mr Mainwaring!

kermit-windstorm.gif.98009110ac341c8325f4eb8406bbcd2e.gif

Lucky beggar!! 😁 

Ill be a long way down the list I reckon!!

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Wolf27 said:

I’ve had the email. 

Im now not at home until Saturday afternoon. 

🤦‍♂️ 

On well never mind...they'll find a buyer for it when its returned.....said the bloke who's away until Monday...

• Funny 2

Anyone taking bets on S*m's Tr*ins review complaining about the price.

He has just had a whinge about Accurafolk costing £10 and suggesting they should have been included free with the models (i.e. implying that £160/£250 does not represent good enough value already and that a set of figures probably £5 at cost price should be included as well....).

• Like 2
  • Agree 5
  • Funny 3

He also said they should stop announcing new models until they’ve actually delivered a few of them “to increase buyers confidence in them”. I’d say judging from this forum our confidence is pretty high already. I’m counting the days until KOYLI arrives 

• Agree 4
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

He has just had a whinge about Accurafolk costing £10 and suggesting they should have been included free with the models (i.e. implying that £160/£250 does not represent good enough value already and that a set of figures probably £5 at cost price should be included as well....).

That’s odd because I thought that for painted 3D printed figures they represented good value, Sam probably thinks the PECO figures (you know those flat ones from the 40’s) are just about good value 🤣

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, AndrewB7585 said:

He also said they should stop announcing new models until they’ve actually delivered a few of them “to increase buyers confidence in them”. I’d say judging from this forum our confidence is pretty high already. I’m counting the days until KOYLI arrives 

How can you count the days when the day of delivery is unknown (until you get notification).

I have made the mistake of cancelling a visit to my Mum this weekend as I had great expectations that the Deltics might arrive. Perhaps I should have stuck with the original plan as delivery may well be over a couple of weeks (at least) to get them all out??

30 minutes ago, zr2498 said:

How can you count the days when the day of delivery is unknown 

I can count the days I wait. I’d say tomorrow is day 1 as that’s when the first person is likely to get theirs. As mines coming from Locomotion this could take some time ……

Edited by AndrewB7585
Spelling mistake
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, AndrewB7585 said:

I can count the days I wait. I’d say tomorrow is day 1 as that’s when the first person is likely to get there’s. As mines coming from Locomotion this could take some time ……

Ah! A count up rather than a count down 🙂

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Notification from Accurascale that KOSB is heading for Churchdown…. Given that carrier has not initiated tracking yet suspect Saturday rather than tomorrow….

24 minutes ago, AndrewB7585 said:

He also said they should stop announcing new models until they’ve actually delivered a few of them “to increase buyers confidence in them”. I’d say judging from this forum our confidence is pretty high already.

This ☝️☝️☝️☝️

I'm no expert but isn't this how a model business works? you announce new stuff to built interest and then deliver it

It was also mentioned on the "More Model Ideas" that the team only announced something new when something arrives, so all the new announcements equal deliveries!

25 minutes ago, boxbrownie said:

That’s odd because I thought that for painted 3D printed figures they represented good value, Sam probably thinks the PECO figures (you know those flat ones from the 40’s) are just about good value 🤣

They are. And are obviously hand painted as well which will be quite a labour intensive job...

It might be something for AS to consider in future tooling development - how much extra cost would it be to include a pair of figures onto an existing parts sprue, then include them in the box for the modeller to fit.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Super-Sloth said:

All quiet in my inbox…

Aside from the usual “would you like a bigger Willy?” / Rails trying to sell me something model rail related /

Ah - but when it said "do you want something purple and  throbbing" did you actually read the email?

• Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Wolf27 said:

I’ve had the email. 

Im now not at home until Saturday afternoon. 

🤦‍♂️ 

And because of that, you don't GAF.......

(as in DILLIGAF)

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
52 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

Who cares what he thinks,his content is made for you tube hits,he will have his band of merry men,half of them i just cannot watch,i have a life.

• Like 1
  • Agree 7

3 hours ago, Bucoops said:

OMG WTF BBQ! Despatch notification. Don't Panic! Don't Panic! They don't like it up 'em Mr Mainwaring!

kermit-windstorm.gif.98009110ac341c8325f4eb8406bbcd2e.gif

I feel more of a Sesame side... <growly voice mode ON>

"Meee waaaant deeeeeltiiiiiiiic"

"Om num num num num!"

<growly voice mode OFF>

"num num num num..."?  Oh 'eck, I've only got two 'num's on order! 🤣

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
33 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

They are. And are obviously hand painted as well which will be quite a labour intensive job...

The Accurascale web site says: "Utilising the latest in full-colour 3D scanning and printing technology" which to me implies they are printed in colour. (Which I had no idea was a thing, but it seems that there are now various methods of 3-d printing directly in colour).

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

Just out of interest Fran would the replacement P4 wheelsets be travelling in the same container as the models by any chance as I have a couple of sets on order? Also, do they use the generic 2mm model railway standard axle as I have a good stock of 3'7" N/S wheels and longer EM/P4 axles (none of the early holed type though. I think Alan Gibson used to do them but I haven't seen 'em for years)   

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, adb968008 said:

Alas non of my 9 made the cut today, no mail, null points.

we should get through at least 500 orders tomorrow and many with multiple

locos (hence only 500)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, newbryford said:

Ah - but when it said "do you want something purple and  throbbing" did you actually read the email?

6 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Just a stab in the dark here,its not purple what your waiting for by chance,i guess the factory standard stay alive will be useful...........

Chaps, Im of ‘86 vintage so nothing wrong with the ‘factory’ stay alive! 🤣

Similarly I model the green / blue dead era so anything “purple and throbbing” supplied by any third party would be somewhat “out of era” on both counts! 😎

At the risk of heading further down a rabbit hole and into the twilight zone… my wife’s suggestion for a new toy DID indeed involve something big that throbs and by some bizarre coincidence is indeed also finished in particular shade of purple…  🧐 No, nothing crude, or indeed a CL 55…

It was an autotrader link to a Vinaccia 458! 🤪

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SteamingWales said:

This ☝️☝️☝️☝️

I'm no expert but isn't this how a model business works? you announce new stuff to built interest and then deliver it

It was also mentioned on the "More Model Ideas" that the team only announced something new when something arrives, so all the new announcements equal deliveries!

Well yes but to some extent I agree with him, OK some models have been substancially delayed by covid, but I think manufacturers announcing models that are potentially a year+ away is a bit ridiculous.

I am also very reluctant to pre order any model and did it very reluctantly with the Deltic because I could see they were selling quickly.

Edited by 40002

9 hours ago, scots region said:

Guess you could say he was my lovely horse. Fran I make no apologies, and I still want a CIE Deltic. 

Think these boys and have enough on producing real models.........

Although the Irish may like the idea of a real Type 5!  Those sort of things usually only occur through desperation.

If you want 'gimic editions' then Rapido seem to be the ones......  After having an original APT on the pretext that it was a one off and something special which even then they produced in 4 figures, the item has been re-released, plus ficticious liveries (said at the time surprised they haven't done a N/R Yellow one as Yellow always sells) and surprise-surprise dumped...... Whilst they are a lovely model and mine is an original - think it's tarnished owning an APT and the brand!

Irish Railways APT anyone?

Anyway, I hope all those who have Deltics arrive enjoy them.  Unfortunately, loft running is pretty much out of the question for the next day or so!  Think of all those delivery drivers with bad backs this weekend......

Hoping I get an email, advising that the one I would like becomes available, to compliment the DPS versions I have on order. Credit Card primed and ready!  

Edited by Torbay Express
Add