Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

20 minutes ago, ac1874 said:

Loving reading this thread, genuinely felt like a kid at Christmas this morning. I've not felt like that for many years, it seems that I am not the only one either.

Agreed. I drove past a Rails van this morning and wondered if it might be full of Deltics 😆

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, Phil Bullock said:

Have just had it fired up on the the test  track…. Oh that wonderful moan, other sounds pretty good too.

You or the Deltic?

Holy horsepower, that is a big box! Meld is here. Desk clearance commenced.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, Halvarras said:

Not surprised you went for this version Phil! Despite being a Deltic photos of it like this are uncommon, I didn't see one until around 20 years ago and I can still count them on the fingers of one hand (maybe including the thumb!)

I don't suppose there's any online? I had a hunt around for some but couldn't find any of number 10 in this condition.

I also have #10 on order.

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, Gary H said:

I don't suppose there's any online? I had a hunt around for some but couldn't find any of number 10 in this condition.

I also have #10 on order.

Hi Gary,

Our production manager sent this link onto me...

D9010 Kings Cross 1967 01 01

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Gary,

Our production manager sent this link onto me...

D9010 Kings Cross 1967 01 01

Cheers!

Fran

Nice one!!!!

Thanks Fran.

Thats gone straight in the Flickr faves.

Edited by Gary H
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Looks simply amazing, best UK outline diesel by a country mile!

Mine is coming from Rails in due course, on the strength of the comments and photos today, I’ve ordered a 31 and 37.

Well done Accurascale, you have proved to make excellent products at a fair price and you deserve every success!

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
31 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Karl,

Yes, the chains to the body was not the most ideal solution, and we ask people to take great care when removing the body. Tiniest amount of superglue applied with a pin or cocktail stick.

The 37 chain is to the chassis so we have learned from it. 

Cheers!

Fran 

Still awaiting my pair so haven't seen the chains to comment on but I wonder if a small dab of PVA or even black tack might be better initially on the grounds that if it goes wrong both are easily removed without leaving a mark?

46 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

But the description is not all that complementary on the sound project. I would have thought given it was designed by ESU engineers to use their hardware, it would be BETTER than aftermarket projects.... maybe its a matter of taste.

EDIT - I see that Roads and Rails do sound fitting for customers ... so slight interest there in continuing the market for 'upgrades...'

Edited by G-BOAF
  • Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Phil,

'tis the early style horn.

1745133614_ImagefromiOS-2022-06-17T134802_471.thumb.jpg.f63552367d07d1aec48571760875936a.jpg

Apologies for that.

Cheers!

Fran

No worries Fran many thanks …. Easily fixed now I know what it is, would never have spotted that without your help….

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Do I win loose bits Bingo? 3. Thought about asking on support, but then then decided a collection of common, and not so common loosey bits on here might be helpful to others. This is not a complaint. 

20220617_141829.thumb.jpg.9008c31b0449a55c177fcdd862f2fe6e.jpg

ok it was supposed to be left to right so I shall do bottom to top...

Bogie guard iron?

Fuel tank bit which has already been mentioned?

Not sure on the top one - is it another fuel tank bit?

I assume all can be reattached with a smidge of superglue?

What a beast though :D

Edited by Bucoops

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @ac1874,

Many thanks for your kind words!

The function list is in the inside back cover of the instruction booklet.

1857162646_ImagefromiOS-2022-06-17T100349_357.thumb.jpg.c971312bf4fbc3ca1de9087a5c55b710.jpg

Cheers!

Fran 

i don't seem to have that document in my Ballymoss box  I do have spare nameplates for The Durham Light Infantry.

• RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

Do I win loose bits Bingo? 3. Thought about asking on support, but then then decided a collection of common, and not so common loosey bits on here might be helpful to others. This is not a complaint. 

20220617_141829.thumb.jpg.9008c31b0449a55c177fcdd862f2fe6e.jpg

ok it was supposed to be left to right so I shall do bottom to top...

Bogie guard iron?

Fuel tank bit which has already been mentioned?

Not sure on the top one - is it another fuel tank bit?

I assume all can be reattached with a smidge of superglue?

What a beast though :D

Hi Rich,

Sure, see below!

579151928_image(34).png.57ad371cdba17bd75aba1658a5f664bc.png

1896221762_image(35).png.e38249209964fad282aace61ee629db1.png

If we could steer these queries to support@accurascale.co.uk our tech team will be able to assist anyone with any queries.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

But the description is not all that complementary on the sound project. I would have thought given it was designed by ESU engineers to use their hardware, it would be BETTER than aftermarket projects.... maybe its a matter of taste.

EDIT - I see that Roads and Rails do sound fitting for customers ... so slight interest there in continuing the market for 'upgrades...'

Soz, I didn't expand the top commentary so I only saw the top line else I might have said he does have skin in the game on sound.

But sound is quite subjective, we all hear uniquely just as we all remember things according to our own bias.  But I thought the video did justice to the loco and the sound package as installed by accurascale.

• Agree 4

35 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

If we could steer these queries to support@accurascale.co.uk our tech team will be able to assist anyone with any queries.

Cheers!

Fran 

That'll spoil the fun I'm having compiling a 'Build your own Accurascale Deltic' partwork 🙂

• Like 1
  • Funny 8

2 hours ago, scots region said:

You’d never get service like this off Margate.

I think a couple of days is about the fastest I have had a reply from them about issues.

Then again, is dealing with each case individually and not engaging with the public on forums and the like meaning they are inefficient in this regard?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, G-BOAF said:

i.e. training with F5 engaged?!

F5 on ESU is normally throttle hold function, when engaged loco will continue moving or not moving at whatever speed step was selected when F5 was pressed allowing throttle to control engine notching instead of loco speed. Useful to simulate starting off with heavy loads, or simulate coasting on idle, progressively releasing F5 iteratively to decelerate or accelerate if departing. Independent control of notching enables prototypical simulation of thrashing as a heavy train starts to depart a station.

• Like 1