Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

9 minutes ago, newbryford said:

More importantly - what's the master "How to annoy the neighbours" CV?

Next door to me has a teenage son - a good musician and practises in their conservatory next door, but at 1130pm it's a bit annoying. I feel payback coming on.

Welcome to a setting of 255 young man....................

Think that would rattle your fillings out....... and no I'm not talking about any previous jokes :P

• Like 1

13 hours ago, G-BOAF said:

Anyone taking bets on S*m's Tr*ins review complaining about the price.

He has just had a whinge about Accurafolk costing £10 and suggesting they should have been included free with the models (i.e. implying that £160/£250 does not represent good enough value already and that a set of figures probably £5 at cost price should be included as well....).

He did do a good review on the Ellis Clark wagons with only minor criticism and did state they were actually value for money.

I'm not sure what else Accurascale would have to do to make the Deltics any more value for money - this is from someone who hasn't ordered one, it's the wrong size.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1

Hi Fran et al,

Thanks for my Deltic!  Just a quick question (and this is not a moan, these things happen!), I’ve got a little floating piece that was inside the poly-sock holding the loco and I can’t see where it is from (so many detailing parts!!). Thought I’d post here just in case anyone else has a similar bit they are trying to refit!

B6F39262-1203-4D11-8C20-461F44206029.jpeg

• RMweb Gold

Wow all looking very good an getting a little jealous! But where are the blue photos?

I thought jumped on the Deltic bandwagon fairly early having paid for my first in June 2019, but having heard nothing yet realise that I actually must have been rather tardy!

Roy   

• RMweb Gold
8 minutes ago, aureol40012 said:

Hi Fran et al,

Thanks for my Deltic!  Just a quick question (and this is not a moan, these things happen!), I’ve got a little floating piece that was inside the poly-sock holding the loco and I can’t see where it is from (so many detailing parts!!). Thought I’d post here just in case anyone else has a similar bit they are trying to refit!

B6F39262-1203-4D11-8C20-461F44206029.jpeg

Oohh, sorry about that @aureol40012, please accept our apologies.

There are four, two on each tank. 

1376279062_image(34).thumb.png.7a3048eef249b11a217ec3c0dd9c4fc0.png

We hope it does not happen of course, but if anyone has any issues at all, we have our warranty team on standby. Just mail us support@accurascale.co.uk and we will assist you.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Round of applause 4

3 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

I thought jumped on the Deltic bandwagon fairly early having paid for my first in June 2019, but having heard nothing yet realise that I actually must have been rather tardy!

Very tardy 😀 I ordered mine on 24 November 2018...

• Funny 1

10 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

We hope it does not happen of course, but if anyone has any issues at all, we have our warranty team on standby. Just mail us support@accurascale.co.uk and we will assist you.

Cheers!

Fran 

Ah so its a part that can't be seen unless the model is turned upside down. Even at track level the bogie frames would mask it.

What wonderful attention to detail.

Edited by G-BOAF
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, johndon said:

Very tardy 😀 I ordered mine on 24 November 2018...

You're going to hate me then - Meld ordered Feb 2020, due for delivery some time after 13:30 today.

Wibble.

• Funny 2

16 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

Wow all looking very good an getting a little jealous! But where are the blue photos?

Roy   

Here you go Roy!

883F29BB-2F7A-46A2-80F2-6CA17E0D5D6A.jpeg

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

12 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

You're going to hate me then - Meld ordered Feb 2020, due for delivery some time after 13:30 today.

Wibble.

You're right I do, not even a despatch email for my two yet 😂

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I was just having a paddy after seeing others getting their Deltics first,  when I suddenly got a text through to say Meld should be arriving Monday.  

I didn’t think I was screaming so loud that they could hear me in Birmingham!

Oh well better go and pick up my toys now!

• Funny 3

30 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Cheers!

Fran 

Great, when I stop shaking with excitement I’ll try and refit it with a steady hand!

I know I’m probably teaching my grandmother (or rather RMweb members) to suck eggs here but knowing how many detailing parts are fitted I took the loco out of it’s “sock” over a tray so I could hear and see any loose bits fall out.  Loose bits are always going to happen and you don’t want to be scrabbling around looking for something as small as the part I found, believe me!!!  Pays to be prepared, even if loose bits aren’t common, which I’m sure they won’t be.

Edited by aureol40012
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

18 minutes ago, aureol40012 said:

Here you go Roy!

883F29BB-2F7A-46A2-80F2-6CA17E0D5D6A.jpeg

want more pics!!! Engine room, cab, lighting etc.!

Really really stunning model you have there.

nice to see after all the work that the lads and lasses at AS have put in, the final production models are scrubbing us so well, aside from the odd minor loose part (you might want to tweak your lamp iron by the ETH cable its looks like it has had one too many in a Dublin bar!)

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
36 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

Wibble.

Noooooo - I hate you 😉

I had paid for two by then!

Oh well, they come when they come.

Roy

• Friendly/supportive 1

This will be a happy thread over the next few days and weeks I'm sure. Worth noting as Deltics start to land that the review in this month's issue of Model Rail is possibly the single most positive piece I think I've ever read in a railway modelling publication. One for the Accurascale folks to print and frame on their walls after such a tumultuous couple of years perhaps. 

Very much looking forward to mine once the Rails editions land!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Is anyone else getting phishing tracking messages? Have had two already…. One purporting to be from DHL Express but with a totally gobbledygook email address and another from Tracking-update. Not the first time so suspect leak is my end but beware …. Both were asking me to complete my details which a genuine carrier would already have of course….

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

11 minutes ago, Phil Bullock said:

Is anyone else getting phishing tracking messages? Have had two already…. One purporting to be from DHL Express but with a totally gobbledygook email address and another from Tracking-update. Not the first time so suspect leak is my end but beware …. Both were asking me to complete my details which a genuine carrier would already have of course….

Yep, got it Tuesday.  When it asked for my DOB and bank account details it was fairly obvious it was a scam! It was asking me to pay a £2.50 additional charge.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Travel from Accurascale HQ has plainly been at Deltic velocity! 

F93A4DEE-964D-4574-B92C-FF2EB9C5EE26.thumb.jpeg.9f29e88b6a44a65dc050b204a3b82ef0.jpeg

DHL driver has retired hurt to get hernia treated! 

What can I say? It looks as good as we all knew it would…. Now, where is ECoS? Luckily the neighbours are away …..

• Like 9
  • Funny 2