Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

Two of my three arrived today 55018 and 55005 they look and feel fantastic and Ballymoss sounds great. Unfortunately 005 seems to have something vibrating inside (bit like the real thing often did) so sounds pretty awful - guessing it will need to go back to the Accruascale works for attention as I don't like to tinker too much... but on the whole they are great just waiting for 011 to arrive now which I ordered later...  

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Karl,

Yes, the chains to the body was not the most ideal solution, and we ask people to take great care when removing the body. Tiniest amount of superglue applied with a pin or cocktail stick.

The 37 chain is to the chassis so we have learned from it. 

Cheers!

Fran 

Great, thanks Fran! I thought that'd be the case but didn't want to on my first accurascale model incase it'd damage the body. Thanks!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, reddragon said:

Exactly the kind of unboxing I was looking for. A very nice step by step.  Wonderful packaging, and so pleased to see the whole loco wrapped in latex to hopefully avoid any nasty rub marks

Looking at the exploded diagram, this is a VERY high quality model. kinematic couplings as well will doubtless please some (I don't use fixed bar couplings except for gangway stock), but it does mean the train is being hauled by the loco and not the bogies.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, G-BOAF said:

wrapped in latex to hopefully avoid any nasty rub marks

Is that anything to do with a purple throbbing item as mentioned earlier?

• Funny 5

Number 5 arrived this afternoon, super impressed with it and well worth the wait, lovely quality box too,  but the oversize box it was shipped in didn't have much in the way of packaging leaving plenty of room for the models box to rattle around in, hopefully something that can be looked at for future shipping.

Regards Pete. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, amarr40 said:

It's great to see the Deltic's finally landing with happy customers at last. One question I have for you guys is that I don't see the nameplates nor buffer beam detail fitted at one end. Is this right?

yes, Fran confirmed this a few pages back

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, rubber duck said:

Number 5 arrived this afternoon, super impressed with it and well worth the wait, lovely quality box too,  but the oversize box it was shipped in didn't have much in the way of packaging leaving plenty of room for the models box to rattle around in, hopefully something that can be looked at for future shipping.

Regards Pete. 

Hi @rubber duck,

Thanks for the feedback. We have informed the warehouse crew on this one and they're upping their game in this area with deliveries from today.

Just now, amarr40 said:

It's great to see the Deltic's finally landing with happy customers at last. One question I have for you guys is that I don't see the nameplates nor buffer beam detail fitted at one end. Is this right?

Hi @amarr40,

That is correct. Buffer beam detail and nameplates are provided but user applied.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

Nothing in terms of dispatch notifications from Rails for me today.

Delivery tomorrow is my last opportunity until 12 July now to get my hands on either of mine.... I had hoped they would have received stock today and started dispatching straight away, but clearly not....

Oh well, two lovely Deltics hopefully waiting for me when I get back home. After all this time and excitement building, its a bit gutting to have to wait another 3.5 weeks. And by the time I get to them all the excitement here will have gone.... woe is me, woe is me. (yes there are bigger things in life to worry about)

Will have to revert to my trusty S100 and Inspection saloon to keep me company on my travels!

• RMweb Premium
52 minutes ago, rubber duck said:

Regards Pete. 

Probably the only thing i could say as model boxes ive had are in free air in the big outer box with wagons before,must be cheaper to cusion them with more bubble packing than destroy a model,probably whats dislodging the parts off models.

• RMweb Premium

Hoping someone can help with me this.

The first four of a total of eight arrived today, so I know it's something I'm doing wrong rather than a fault.

I have removed the blanking plug and fitted an ESU Lok Pilot 5 21 MTC MKL 59659 decoder to each. 

They run lovely but I am having an issue with the lights. 

With the headlights switched off they come on anyway when the loco first has power supplied and after a second switch off again.  If I switch them on with F0, they are fine.  What I am struggling with though is the tail lights, F11 switches them on/off but only at one end (they are noted as being directional in the instructions) but they don't switch to the other end when I reverse direction, the headlights do.

Like I say, I have fitted 4 and all are working in this manner so I am clearly doing something wrong, I am just not sure what.

Any help or suggestions gratefully received and thanks in advance.

PS These absolutely outstanding models!

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Probably the only thing i could say as model boxes ive had are in free air in the big outer box with wagons before,must be cheaper to cusion them with more bubble packing than destroy a model,probably whats dislodging the parts off models.

We needed many 'new hands' on deck to deal with the load, and Devin is standing over them now with a large whip making sure the voids are filled and the babies lovingly wrapped :) 

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Alycidon said:

Hoping someone can help with me this.

The first four of a total of eight arrived today, so I know it's something I'm doing wrong rather than a fault.

I have removed the blanking plug and fitted an ESU Lok Pilot 5 21 MTC MKL 59659 decoder to each. 

They run lovely but I am having an issue with the lights. 

With the headlights switched off they come on anyway when the loco first has power supplied and after a second switch off again.  If I switch them on with F0, they are fine.  What I am struggling with though is the tail lights, F11 switches them on/off but only at one end (they are noted as being directional in the instructions) but they don't switch to the other end when I reverse direction, the headlights do.

Like I say, I have fitted 4 and all are working in this manner so I am clearly doing something wrong, I am just not sure what.

Any help or suggestions gratefully received and thanks in advance.

PS These absolutely outstanding models!

I think it needs logic outputs and the ESU Lok Pilot 5 21 MTC MKL 59659 has all the functions powered. 

The 59629 is probably the one to use.

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
Just now, beejack said:

I think it needs logic outputs and the ESU Lok Pilot 5 21 MTC MKL 59659 has all the functions powered. 

The 59629 is probably the one to use.

Exactly that bee jack, the Deltic PCB has several logic functions on board that needs a 59629 LokPilot or similar outfitted with functions chip to do them justice.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

46 minutes ago, Alycidon said:

MKL stands for Marklin type. The outputs AUX3 and AUX4 are amplified on those decoders.

Edited by maico
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Still waiting for my Deltic to arrive 😪

just wanted to comment on how ‘hands on’ and proactive the team at Accurascale are. It is amazing how Fran and co really care about their customer base and nothing seems too much trouble. 

This is refreshing and great to see. They deserve every success as they are clearly passionate about their products and (even more important) their customer base. 

Well done guys and…. Please send my deltic soon…

Jeff

Edited by D9JEF
#typo
  • Like 2
  • Agree 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 24/05/2022 at 09:25, Accurascale Fran said:

As there are many, many pre-orders to fulfil we estimate it will take 7-10 working days to get them all out there (worst case scenario) and will be done in date order of fully paid up orders.

I have decided that somebody doesn't like me!

Either the plan for dispatch on date order for fully paid orders has changed, my emails are going astray or DHL have done something. I tried to check my account to make sure all the details were ok and get this where all my orders have gone...

Why me!!!!!😂

Being serious though, it does look that something is awry with the Accurascale site - I get the same in Edge, Chrome and Safari. Does anybody else?

Roy

image.thumb.png.cdd22bb8d52cb74deda6d873dd9e531d.png

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

I have decided that somebody doesn't like me!

Either the plan for dispatch on date order for fully paid orders has changed, my emails are going astray or DHL have done something. I tried to check my account to make sure all the details were ok and get this where all my orders have gone...

Why me!!!!!😂

Being serious though, it does look that something is awry with the Accurascale site - I get the same in Edge, Chrome and Safari. Does anybody else?

Roy

image.thumb.png.cdd22bb8d52cb74deda6d873dd9e531d.png

Must be their site as mine is the same,all dissapeared

• Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1