Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi Everyone,

We did a purple CAD render on Gordon Highlander for a laugh. Now I cant get Prince songs out of my head for some reason.

1453770777_Deltic2019-07-26.JPG.7eac99293b190be4d06283c661d909ee.JPG

Still our best seller so far, so many must love it! I always had a soft spot for it....

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 11
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
38 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Everyone,

We did a purple CAD render on Gordon Highlander for a laugh. Now I cant get Prince songs out of my head for some reason.

Still our best seller so far, so many must love it! I always had a soft spot for it....

Cheers!

Fran

That's not a little red Del-tic? :P

• Funny 2

51 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Everyone,

Cheers!

Fran

Looks great, saving for this one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Everyone,

Cheers!

Fran

The world is full of strange strange people.

A purple Deltic is most popular ?

Sad times.

Sad times.

• Agree 5

18 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Everyone,

Cheers!

Fran

That song which goes like this:

Purple train, purple train,

Purple train, purple train

Purple train, purple train

Just when you thought you had got the song out of your head.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TvnYmWpD_T8

On 26/07/2019 at 13:07, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Everyone,

Cheers!

Fran

The sidelight should be plated on D9016 as preserved. From your earlier CADs the plated/unplated sidelights looked like different tooling. But here it seems you will just be painting over the glazing unit.

Or is this just an error on the CAD?

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, G-BOAF said:

The sidelight should be plated on D9016 as preserved. From your earlier CADs the plated/unplated sidelights looked like different tooling. But here it seems you will just be painting over the glazing unit.

Or is this just an error on the CAD?

Eagle eyed! It will be correctly plated over on the production models. It will be an insert.

Cheers!

Fran

• Like 1

On ‎26‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 20:39, adb968008 said:

The world is full of strange strange people.

A purple Deltic is most popular ?

Sad times.

Sad times.

A strange person here. I had a happy half hour watching the purple Deltic on YouTube and I’m looking forward even more to my model arriving. After all, I already have a green Deltic and a blue one. A strange livery, the blue. Paint just slapped on with no attempt as with the green ones to enhance its lines with any sort of side stripe.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

First napier maglev...

Not far off there. The first time I saw DP1was late on a fine summer evening, in a cutting so it was in shade. The sky light made the body colour appear a mid purple and the pale grey running gear and tanks 'disappeared' creating the impression that it was floating above the track. A thing of beauty, and as for the sound with both engines in full cry...

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

Maglev? It must be a hover train. What else could those four huge fans possibly be for?

To cool the flux capacitor perhaps?

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, No Decorum said:

Flux! I hadn’t thought of that. :jester:

Flux should be used on soldered joints. Presumably the quality of the electircs Accurascale will be using will be so secured to aviod any dry joints. If you hadn't thought of that, lets hope the Accurascale factory has.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
On 29/07/2019 at 17:26, Phil Bullock said:

To cool the flux capacitor perhaps?

Sadly, in traction applications the Deltic engines were downrated to a maximum total power of only one point twenty jiggawatts. A missed opportunity if you ask me as they could still have ^been popping up everywhere at 88mph.

Edited by Flying Pig
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I am now left with images of Captain Kirk in the drivers seat requesting "Warp factor nine" from the secondman, Mr Sulu.

Edit: of course, that would be more appropriate if it were a 9F and Mr Sulu the fireman....

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge

Reading the posts and looking at the Accurascale sites as well as looking at the various options on different sites makes me realise just how lucky we all are to have such excellent models to choose from. Whilst im not as fully immersed as some, I simply cant wait for these models to become available. The choices !!!!

Absolutely spoilt for choice.

Cant make my mind up which two to buy.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On 30/07/2019 at 13:50, Flying Pig said:

Sadly, in traction applications the Deltic engines were downrated to a maximum total power of only one point twenty jiggawatts. A missed opportunity if you ask me as they could still have ^been popping up everywhere at 88mph.

Reading these posts makes me think its worth risking mentioning the unmentionable....

Zontar ... (youtube it at your own risk and definitely not in the office).

for a focal point try “zontar deltic Doncaster scrap line”.. just remember it only gets worse the more you dig.

Edited by adb968008
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1