KRModels announce a GT3 Model

micklner

• RMweb Gold

I think I will let the GT3 bundle offer pass me "buy" 

If they want to get rid of them, sell them singly at a reduced price. Some people might be tempted to buy one and repaint it to the correct livery. 

Not many people will want a model in a fictitious livery and even fewer I suspect will want 2 models of a single prototype in two different  fictitious liveries.

• Like 1
  • Agree 7

3 hours ago, BR Blue said:

I think I will let the GT3 bundle offer pass me "buy" 

If they want to get rid of them, sell them singly at a reduced price. Some people might be tempted to buy one and repaint it to the correct livery. 

Not many people will want a model in a fictitious livery and even fewer I suspect will want 2 models of a single prototype in two different  fictitious liveries.

I just want the one that I’ve got on pre-order in the ‘correct’ livery… must be on a boat by now…?

• Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold
41 minutes ago, Helmdon said:

must be on a boat by now…?

I think the phrase is 'That ship has sailed'

If you've put money down and it is past your delivery date I'd seek a refund from either KR or your card provider.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, chris p bacon said:

I think the phrase is 'That ship has sailed'

If you've put money down and it is past your delivery date I'd seek a refund from either KR or your card provider.

no, in the current batch there's a number of actual livery GT3s, which are/were being sold through Rails of Sheffield, whose website still shows as 'available to pre-order' - my point was quite literally that I think they ought to be on a boat by now. 

Edited by Helmdon
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Helmdon said:

no, in the current batch there's a number of actual livery GT3s, which are/were being sold through Rails of Sheffield, whose website still shows as 'available to pre-order' - my point was quite literally that I think they ought to be on a boat by now. 

Have Rails not given an approximate delivery date?
Admittedly any date isn’t guaranteed but should be able to give you an idea of timescale.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
On 26/05/2023 at 10:51, Helmdon said:

Very difficult for end customers to forecast where anything is in the production and delivery process without details from the 'manufacturer'.  They should know when the goods leave the factory and which ship they are loaded to but that is about it.  The manufacturing schedule might enable them to forecast a UK arrival date but as numerous companies in the UK model railway business have shown those dates can change.  

Simplest approach I think , even if it might be frustrating, is to work on the basis that it will be here when it arrives.  And the only time to start worrying is if others are reporting receiving theirs while yours isn't arriving on your doorstep.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 23/05/2023 at 17:28, Watto1990 said:

Got mine, and it tore itself to pieces on the third time out of the box. Currently with KR for repair or replacement, but after those emails I have started to get the fear for it. Along with the 4DD and Leader I decided to pre-order. 

Mine is still a poor runner, even after fitting new pick-ups. I'm ready to throw it in the bin with frustration. I hate that I have to do anything to it just to have it running reliably after the money we paid.

Neil.

P.S. I did ask for the Fell thread to be unlocked, but no joy 🤔

• Friendly/supportive 4

Wow at those e-mails.

I was close to an order for Bellerophon - the first they'll be producing I've really wanted. Hummed and harred over it for a very long time.

Was put off in original GT3 by their combative nature and not really wanting one. Then issues with the Fell.

Kind of embarrassing to also be British ex-pat in Canada if this is what they sound like...

My most immediate thought is a cashflow crunch. Selling each bundle would free up 40k - probably enough to pay for the next downpayment on CAD or tooling etc - and one assumes the ficticious liveries are not selling as hoped.

My second thought was "why the hell would you still send an e-mail like that?". A persecution complex in no.1, flying close to the sun on "guaranteed profits" in no.2, and I just can't see it working on anyone.

I'm still cringing. KR models off my list for a long time now. Can't trust them, don't like them.

• Like 9
  • Agree 4
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 25/05/2023 at 20:52, Helmdon said:

I just want the one that I’ve got on pre-order in the ‘correct’ livery… must be on a boat by now…?

Rails have posted today that they are expecting them in the next two weeks.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Sorely tempted as it could be sometime before another release in a prototypical livery (if ever).  However,  not convinced in the long term reliability.  For 200 qud there is a large market of proven performers with better reliability,  engineering and detail.  After feeling let down by the purchase of a Rails Heljan 18000 gas turbine (boring model),  I am not sure I want to tread another gas turbine path.

4 hours ago, GWR-fan said:

Sorely tempted as it could be sometime before another release in a prototypical livery (if ever).  However,  not convinced in the long term reliability.  For 200 qud there is a large market of proven performers with better reliability,  engineering and detail.  After feeling let down by the purchase of a Rails Heljan 18000 gas turbine (boring model),  I am not sure I want to tread another gas turbine path.

I'm not sure there have been too many complaints from people about the original GT3 though have there? Beyond this and that which could have been better anyway. 

I resisted it the first time round, but given that it's actually right for my layout, even if out by a couple of years, and almost certainly not only could I not do a better model myself but other manufacturers are likely to give it a wide berth because it has sold reasonably well and presumably soaked up much of the demand, so on that basis I'm in.

I'd rather regret buying it than missing it, and I'll probably have some fun with it anyway. Other people's equations will be different.

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 3 weeks later...

Why have they got a sand box below each side of the cab? The RHS space was occupied by really chunky hand brake gear and where are the domed  con rod bearing covers. These things are obvious in any half way decent photos of the original.

Edited by natterjack
spelling correction
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

My only note with the green (and the br black, even), is that... Would it still have the GT3 number? Once it's got BR logos, it would maybe gain a BR number?

So I'm going to be getting mine numbered 18200 at some point.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Oldddudders said:

Indeed. The fact that a livery is not authentic does not stop it being potentially attractive. 

In a Marilyn Monroe lookalike sort of way?

• Funny 1