KRModels announce a GT3 Model

micklner

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, 21C123 said:

Second thought it was AI generated 

That comment got me thinking, maybe I should step in and carry on production with an AI generated model of GT3 

D938FF52-95FD-4360-8A40-848F56EE7087.png.b4471de00655025e072603c1391f6354.png

possibly follow it with a fell

43110693-393C-45F3-A087-717343409005.jpeg.81fd53e63704df3fbd6f53bfc2d57ff3.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium

I think they're completely misreading their market, the mail reads like the sort of mail you'd send to gullible people who are vulnerable to scammers to try and get them to invest into a ponzi scheme or some shady politician seeking donations for an election campaign fund or something. My recommendation would be to just go on-line and make a direct donation to the railway benefit fund (I'm assuming they are set up for people to send donations).

• Agree 4

I agree that the tone of the email was a little unusual to receive, but I do think that people are really taking a bit too much relish in mocking to be honest. 

The majority of the people commenting on such a manner are of the ‘not getting my money’ variety. I personally have had only excellent customer service from KR Models, and the fell is the only one which didn’t hit the mark. 

if you don’t want to be part of the crowdfunding, then fair enough, but perhaps it’s time to stop with the implications of being a scammer? 

For info, I’ve got a ‘Leader’ all paid for, and will be grabbing an LMS GT3 if I can find the cash 

Edited by Edge
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Edge said:

if you don’t want to be part of the crowdfunding, then fair enough, but perhaps it’s time to stop with the implications of being a scammer?  

I don't think people are accusing KR of being scammers. I've accused their communications of reading like it was written by scammers, that's not the same. If I read the e-mail it does read like the sort of e-mail scammers send out and it really doesn't help their credibility to send out such nonsense.

• Like 1
  • Agree 8

1 hour ago, Edge said:

I agree that the tone of the email was a little unusual to receive, but I do think that people are really taking a bit too much relish in mocking to be honest. 

The majority of the people commenting on such a manner are of the ‘not getting my money’ variety. I personally have had only excellent customer service from KR Models, and the fell is the only one which didn’t hit the mark. 

For info, I’ve got a ‘Leader’ all paid for, and will be grabbing an LMS GT3 if I can find the cash 

It's not that the company is a scam, though in his original postings re KR Models he did have to overcome some scepticism whether he was bona fide or not as it was right after DJM had gone down and another bloke was trying it on with some O gauge crowdfunding where he wanted cheques off people.  With several models now delivered and more in the pipeline no-one is suggesting KR Models is a scam organisation.

No, it was the wording of the email that drew the comparisons with scamming, because of the way it was written, not helped by the passive aggressiveness of some parts of it.

• Agree 7

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Darius43 said:

My main issue with the email was that it came over to me as unprofessional.  I would not communicate with my clients/customers in that manner.

Cheers

Darius

Absoluterly agree but KR do seem to have some problems with the language of not only tsome of their vcommun ications but also some of their adveeerts.  For example one advert began \We would like to make ...' - what on earth did that mean because anyone of us could no doubt think of something we would like to make!   Did the ad mean they were going to make that model  or did it mean they were looking for expressions of interes,t or what did it mean? (Especially as the model in question had already been announced).   The language in the announcement of the MIca was equally bizarre and again, in my view, sold the company short.

What they really need to do is sort out, and get into less turgid language their various written communications and adverts or at least make them humorous if they can't dump the blather.  Blatant amateurism in its public face does no company any good and can help to foster the opinion that it might well extend beyond its advertising.

• Agree 10

• RMweb Gold
46 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Blatant amateurism in its public face does no company any good and can help to foster the opinion that it might well extend beyond its advertising.

at least it wasn’t written in Comic Sans 

• Like 2
  • Funny 5

3 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

Blatant amateurism in its public face does no company any good and can help to foster the opinion that it might well extend beyond its advertising.

Unfortunately various other failings seem to confirm many in that opinion.

It's a pity because some of their work is good - I'm quite pleased with the Consett wagons. 

I would have invoked Rule 1 and ordered a Shay, but I decided to hold fire and decide on the basis of production models.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Their past communications have been rather curt and short.  At least this e mail cannot be accused of being curt or short!

9 hours ago, jjb1970 said:

I don't think people are accusing KR of being scammers. I've accused their communications of reading like it was written by scammers, that's not the same. If I read the e-mail it does read like the sort of e-mail scammers send out and it really doesn't help their credibility to send out such nonsense.

Perhaps KR Models are the ones that have been scammed having  been sold the wording of this e mail by some cheap advertising consultant.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

On 15/05/2023 at 10:17, cctransuk said:

A model so rare, so audacious, that it would make every rail enthusiast's heart skip a beat.

I'm really allergic to hyperbole like this. "EVERY" rail enthusiast... really?? Certainly wasn't my reaction when GT3 was announced, but I'm well aware that I model well outside the Mainstream, and not at all in 4mm Scale, so in fact I don't think I had any reaction at all... what would make my heart skip a beat (an R-T-R EMD CF7 in 1:48th Scale 2-Rail, if anyone else cares - or even knows what it is!!) is of absolutely no consequence whatsoever to at least 99% of British modellers!!

But then I don't go around making statements that my dream model is also everyone else's "must have" model, either.

Edit- trying to make clear I was quoting from a quote of the email in John's post, not his own comments.

Edited by F-UnitMad
  • Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, F-UnitMad said:

(an R-T-R EMD CF7 in 1:48th Scale 2-Rail, if anyone else cares - or even knows what it is!!) is of absolutely no consequence whatsoever to at least 99% of British modellers!!

I have a good idea what a Cleburne F7 looks like, and they, Paducah-builts and their re-manufactured ilk were an important part of US RR history in their era, and, on short-lines, since. 

Thankyou for making me feel I am part of an elite!

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Something I think most hobbies suffer from is a tendency for people to get into a mindset where their pet project is desperately wanted by hordes of others (it may be true, it may not be) and that what we enjoy about a hobby or find admirable is what everyone else should enjoy or find admirable. My own interests are very niche on RMWeb. Though I know I'm not the only RMWeb member with a passion for Asian railways and the model railways of Japan and China I accept it's a niche interest and what rocks my boat won't rock many others here. 

• Like 4
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, jjb1970 said:

Something I think most hobbies suffer from is a tendency for people to get into a mindset where their pet project is desperately wanted by hordes of others (it may be true, it may not be) and that what we enjoy about a hobby or find admirable is what everyone else should enjoy or find admirable. My own interests are very niche on RMWeb. Though I know I'm not the only RMWeb member with a passion for Asian railways and the model railways of Japan and China I accept it's a niche interest and what rocks my boat won't rock many others here. 

My problem is liking railways everywhere.

it its on rails, i’m in.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

STOP PRESS.

The follow up GT3 e mail was received today!

Did you miss it.

Thu 18/05/2023 10:00

Hello Colin,

I wrote you earlier to tell you about the exclusive offer we've created to raise money for Railway Benefit Fund...

…And I wanted to make sure that you were able to read the email.

If you haven't had a chance to read it yet, don't worry, I've got you covered.

Here's The Offer:

To mark our 5-year anniversary and give back to the community, we've developed something truly unique: British Railway Bundles featuring the iconic GT3 locomotive.

These bundles not only showcase the beauty of railway history, but they also serve a greater purpose.

For every British Railway bundle sold, we will donate a significant percentage of the sales to the Railway Benefit Fund.

This remarkable organization has been providing support and assistance to railway employees and their families during times of need for over 160 years.

By purchasing one of our British Railway Bundles, not only will you own a piece of railway history, but you'll also contribute to the well-being of those who keep the railways running.

Plus, as I mentioned in my previous email, we have no plans to produce the GT3 again in the foreseeable future.

This means this is not just an ordinary purchase. It's an investment opportunity that will send your profits chugging down the tracks.

Why, you ask?

Well, when you seize one of these bundles, they won't just hold their value—they will appreciate like a fine wine.

As the demand for these unique pieces of railway history skyrockets, so too will the worth of this collection!

So, what's in the box?

These limited-edition bundles include meticulously detailed GT3 locomotive models in BR Black Early Crest and BR Green Late Crest colours -- expertly crafted to capture the spirit and charm of the original.

In total, we've created 100 bundles, 50 of DCC-Ready and 50 of DCC-Sound.

You can get the DCC-Ready bundle today for £360 (you save £40) and DCC Sound for £540 (you save £60)

Edited by Colin_McLeod
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, jjb1970 said:

There may indeed be an investment opportunity here, buy one then sue KR for mis-selling when the value doesn't skyrocket🤣🤣

I find it fascinating that they are going to 'appreciate like fine wine'.   Do they need to be kept in the right sort of cellar conditions to ensure that their value increases?

Presumably purchasers of 'the bundle' will be getting top class investment advice and regular revaluation by experts.

• Funny 5

To my knowledge, the only way KR have my email is because I put it in their Class 40 EOI, looks like this also means they see it fit to batter my inbox with this absolute guff. Shame, looks like the only way I'll find out if that goes ahead is on here as they're getting told in no uncertain terms to remove my email from their list. 

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold

KR does it seem still have his disciples as can be seen a few posts back. I wonder if the follow up  email is a wind up to goad a response ?  The impression this remote operator conveys isn’t one of confidence for sure. If things don’t go according to plan for him then doubtlessly we’ll be scapegoated…..not for the first time. But in fairness he has actually delivered with reasonable success,notwithstanding some spectacular gaffes on the way. 

• Like 3