KRModels announce a GT3 Model

micklner

That email quite honestly reads like a late night TV sales ad.

Full marks for the money towards the Railway Benefit Fund-I don't think anyone can knock them for that-but this literally reads like a desperate attempt to shift a fictional batch of an obscure prototype that is not selling that well.

• Like 2
  • Agree 16

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, 69843 said:

That email quite honestly reads like a late night TV sales ad.

Full marks for the money towards the Railway Benefit Fund-I don't think anyone can knock them for that-but this literally reads like a desperate attempt to shift a fictional batch of an obscure prototype that is not selling that well.

And at no point do they mention just how much is going to the RBF, it could be 1p or £100... And why send the message to your previous customers? Once you have a GT3 why would you want to buy yet another one?

Having just seen the LMS liveried (if you can call putting LMS on the tender a livery!) and wonder why they have not used the last style LMS, which it would undoubtedly have had if it had been built before 1948....

Andy G 

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, cctransuk said:

Do we assume that the above models are not selling like hot cakes? (Email below received today).

CJI.

We Dare To Build.

Hey there C J,,

I've got something deeply personal to share with you today, and it's important that you give me your undivided attention and read this email all the way through.

Trust me, there's something waiting for you that could be one of the most incredible opportunities you've ever stumbled upon!

Around 5 years ago...

In the vast realm of rail models, there was a void. A void that yearned for something truly extraordinary. 

A model so rare, so audacious, that it would make every rail enthusiast's heart skip a beat.

To fill this void, in 2018 I decided to shoulder, quite possibly, a colossal undertaking – to bring GT3 to life.

Considering that GT3 was a dream project for a lot of rail modelers, I thought if I shared this project with my fellow modelers, I’d be showered with support and praise… 

After all, it was a model that no other rail model company had the guts to build!

But…

To my surprise (and it still baffles me to this day), I encountered a storm of negativity like never before... 

The naysayers emerged from the shadows, spewing venomous comments that would make even the strongest wince!

They questioned my very ethics, called me a scammer, demanded that I share intimate details of my financials and to add insult to injury…they even had the audacity to falsely claim that I was suffering from a rare disease!

Now, I'll be honest with you.

It stung. It was a blow to the gut. 

But you know what? I didn't let those voices of negativity deter me. I stayed true to my vision...

And with the unwavering support and invaluable feedback from a small number of extraordinary rail modelers like you, we successfully brought GT3 to life!

Fast forward to today…

More than 6,000 customers, over a dozen unique models, and several awards (including Hornby Model of The Year) later, I am proud to announce that today we are celebrating the 5-Year Anniversary of KR Models!

As we stand at this milestone, we are filled with a deep sense of gratitude for the incredible community that has supported us every step of the way.

To express our appreciation and give back to the community that played such a pivotal role in our success, we have made a heartfelt decision. 

We are raising funds for the Railway Benefit Fund  —an organization that provides vital support to railway workers and their families during times of need.

Here’s how this incredible fund has helped some of the folks in our community:

Amazing, right?

Now, this is where YOU come into the picture…

Only 100 Modelers In The World

Can Get THIS Today!

Even though the existence of GT3 is a testament to the relentless pursuit of excellence and the refusal to settle for mediocrity…

After much consideration, we have made the difficult decision to conclude the production of our beloved GT3 model.

As of writing this email, we are on the 3rd production run of it and we don’t know when (or if) we will ever produce GT3 again!

But before we close this chapter, we wanted to do something truly remarkable!

We have created 100 exclusive GT3 bundles that encapsulate the essence of this iconic model. 

Each bundle is meticulously crafted and packed with collector's items that will be treasured by enthusiasts like you.

But here's the extraordinary part:

When you buy the GT3 British Rail bundle today, we will donate a significant percentage of the sales to the Railway Benefit Fund! 

Which means…

By acquiring one of these limited GT3 bundles, not only will you possess a cherished piece of rail modeling history, but you will also contribute to a cause greater than ourselves! 

Here Are Your Options...

GT3 British Rail Bundle (DCC-Ready)

What's In The Box:

Two GT3 Models in BR Black Early Crest and BR Green Late Crest colours.

Price: £360 (You save £40)

*Only 50 Bundles Available

Get DCC-Ready Bundle

GT3 British Rail Bundle (DCC-Sound)

What's In The Box:

Price: £540 (You save £60)

Get DCC-Sound Bundle

If you've been on the fence about getting your hands on the GT3, now is your golden opportunity to seize it and make a meaningful impact in the lives of those in need.

Don't miss out on this incredible chance to indulge your passion and contribute to a greater cause simultaneously.

Cheers,

Keith

I am lost for words.  

I think the Facebook "Wow" reaction aporopriate.

20230515_111452.jpg.b540147ddd5bdbcad91c279148d1f7ef.jpg

Edited by Colin_McLeod
  • Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold

I also got this email.   Reading it makes me feel like I'm down the market listening to Del Boy trying to sell me a car stereo that is made in Albania...

I have defended KR models against the initial negativity that they faced here on RMWeb but this sort of email selling leaves me cold.

Cheers

Darius

Edited by Darius43
  • Like 5
  • Agree 10

• RMweb Gold

It is way beyond gross.A tasteless waste of air……Surely a joke ? If not that then for shame’s sake best withdrawn before their credibility sinks beneath the floor. That criticism has hurt I know from a conversation with the son at a show late last year and I did sympathise at the time. For such a crudely phrased outburst however there is zero excuse. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, cctransuk said:

Do we assume that the above models are not selling like hot cakes? (Email below received today).

CJI.

We Dare To Build.

Hey there C J,,

I've got something deeply personal to share with you today, and it's important that you give me your undivided attention and read this email all the way through.

Trust me, there's something waiting for you that could be one of the most incredible opportunities you've ever stumbled upon!

Around 5 years ago...

In the vast realm of rail models, there was a void. A void that yearned for something truly extraordinary. 

A model so rare, so audacious, that it would make every rail enthusiast's heart skip a beat.

To fill this void, in 2018 I decided to shoulder, quite possibly, a colossal undertaking – to bring GT3 to life.

Considering that GT3 was a dream project for a lot of rail modelers, I thought if I shared this project with my fellow modelers, I’d be showered with support and praise… 

After all, it was a model that no other rail model company had the guts to build!

But…

To my surprise (and it still baffles me to this day), I encountered a storm of negativity like never before... 

The naysayers emerged from the shadows, spewing venomous comments that would make even the strongest wince!

They questioned my very ethics, called me a scammer, demanded that I share intimate details of my financials and to add insult to injury…they even had the audacity to falsely claim that I was suffering from a rare disease!

Now, I'll be honest with you.

It stung. It was a blow to the gut. 

But you know what? I didn't let those voices of negativity deter me. I stayed true to my vision...

And with the unwavering support and invaluable feedback from a small number of extraordinary rail modelers like you, we successfully brought GT3 to life!

Fast forward to today…

More than 6,000 customers, over a dozen unique models, and several awards (including Hornby Model of The Year) later, I am proud to announce that today we are celebrating the 5-Year Anniversary of KR Models!

As we stand at this milestone, we are filled with a deep sense of gratitude for the incredible community that has supported us every step of the way.

To express our appreciation and give back to the community that played such a pivotal role in our success, we have made a heartfelt decision. 

We are raising funds for the Railway Benefit Fund  —an organization that provides vital support to railway workers and their families during times of need.

Here’s how this incredible fund has helped some of the folks in our community:

Amazing, right?

Now, this is where YOU come into the picture…

Only 100 Modelers In The World

Can Get THIS Today!

Even though the existence of GT3 is a testament to the relentless pursuit of excellence and the refusal to settle for mediocrity…

After much consideration, we have made the difficult decision to conclude the production of our beloved GT3 model.

As of writing this email, we are on the 3rd production run of it and we don’t know when (or if) we will ever produce GT3 again!

But before we close this chapter, we wanted to do something truly remarkable!

We have created 100 exclusive GT3 bundles that encapsulate the essence of this iconic model. 

Each bundle is meticulously crafted and packed with collector's items that will be treasured by enthusiasts like you.

But here's the extraordinary part:

When you buy the GT3 British Rail bundle today, we will donate a significant percentage of the sales to the Railway Benefit Fund! 

Which means…

By acquiring one of these limited GT3 bundles, not only will you possess a cherished piece of rail modeling history, but you will also contribute to a cause greater than ourselves! 

Here Are Your Options...

GT3 British Rail Bundle (DCC-Ready)

What's In The Box:

Price: £360 (You save £40)

Get DCC-Ready Bundle

GT3 British Rail Bundle (DCC-Sound)

What's In The Box:

Price: £540 (You save £60)

Get DCC-Sound Bundle

If you've been on the fence about getting your hands on the GT3, now is your golden opportunity to seize it and make a meaningful impact in the lives of those in need.

Don't miss out on this incredible chance to indulge your passion and contribute to a greater cause simultaneously.

Cheers,

Keith

WTaF?!

Someone's been on some strong sauce?

including Hornby Model of The Year

Fairly sure Hornby wouldn't have given anyone but themselves a model of the year award. I presume they mean Hornby Magazine?

Smells of desperation to offload unsold inventory so playing to charity heartstrings to do so.

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Premium

Was this the announcement due on May 5th do you wonder .

I blow hot and cold on KR models . They've never made anything I want , so I've never bought anything from them . At the same time , though , they have delivered prototypes that may not have seem the light of day  and I offer them encouragement in the event they finally do something I do want .  But this "Del-boy" type email really does nothing for them !. 

• Agree 7

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, Porcy Mane said:

Reads like an E mail that was first sent to Modelmaster  (Transfers) for approval & sign off.

P

That was my exact thought on reading it <rolls eyes>

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

After much consideration, we have made the difficult decision to conclude the production of our beloved GT3 model.

Efe next then ?

😀

i got to admit the BR Green one does look nice.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Funny 9

Perhaps the email reflects his skills at checking things properly. Most people if they want to get rid of stock offer 10% or 15 % discount for a few days not less than 10% if you buy 2 !

I think he also forgets that people had just had an unfortunate experience with another I.m wonderful modeller etc,

Rather compares with Accurascale and Rapido which seem to take note of people's comments without getting too upset.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Darius43 said:

I also got this email.   Reading it makes me feel like I'm down the market listening to Del Boy trying to sell me a car stereo that is made in Albania...

I have defended KR models against the initial negativity that they faced here on RMWeb but this sort of email selling leaves me cold.

Cheers

Darius

Actually makes your skin crawl, I was thinking perhaps it's goint to be a scam, it read like one.

• Like 1
  • Agree 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold

If there is ever an award for the most turgid and ridiculous promotional prose then the candidate has now been posted in this thread, complete with more bleating than the average flock of sheep.     Thank goodness i'm not on their email list

But I do commend the Railway Benefit Fund - still thought of by many of us older railway people as the Railway Benevolent Fund - as a charity worthy of support and I know the Woking Home for retired staff does a marvellous job.  But why not say what percentage they are passing to the fund?  The lack of that simple piece of information sounds really odd  and smacks of indicating that it might only be a rather tiny amount of the total revnue they get.

• Like 4

When I received and read the email... I was like what is this... having a moan of not being believed... well they delivered something, ok its not entirely correct... like most things they are planning to do... so if they want to be taken seriously then do your research and produce something that makes us go wow, and sit up and pay attention.
Unfortunately they still don't communicate well or tell us what exactly they are doing, like tooling changes or what they know needs improvement.. probably because they aren't listening.

The Railway benefit fund, yea ok nice, but doesn't say what they have given them.. rather than say Bachmann standing there with a £1,000 cheque... kind of just trying to be seen to be doing a good thing, without much substance.

To be fair I got bored half way down so I have no idea what the email was about. 😅

But I think the first few lines are telling, the GT3 was something he wanted, so he made it for him and for others... I get that... but corners were cut, there's a lot of detail, and surface detail missing, almost comes across as someone got to excited with the project rather than producing the best model they could.

If it was done properly then it would have sold better.

• Like 3

I wonder where we heard this type of desperation speech before? It sounds like something written by that bloke that promised everything if you gave him lots of cash. I think he was in the music business - well he called himself DJ lol!

• Funny 2

3 hours ago, Bluebell Model Railway said:

But I think the first few lines are telling, the GT3 was something he wanted, so he made it for him and for others... I get that... but corners were cut, there's a lot of detail, and surface detail missing, almost comes across as someone got to excited with the project rather than producing the best model they could.

If it was done properly then it would have sold better.

I think the GT3 itself sold well and far better than the GA resin kit. But I think they went into overkill on the fictive liveries part. OK BR green like the BR is plausible stretch but then BR 1950s black and LMS was seriously going before the GT3s time. In the same breath, the last few (and here it is probably is just a few vs 100s for the GT3) of the fictive livery APT-Es seem to be hard to squeeze out as well.

Of course the Blue batch sold quickly enough, probably made them over confident for other fictive liveries.

The mail was too personal, shows KR point of view on these things, and that is the problem!

Still a charity got some publicity today.

• Like 6

I’m curious. It looks to me as if a new PCB could have solved the weird lighting on the GT3. The necessary wiring, or most of it, seems to be in place. Did anyone who got a sound version of the second run find that anything had been done to fix the lighting?

2 hours ago, No Decorum said:

I’m curious. It looks to me as if a new PCB could have solved the weird lighting on the GT3. The necessary wiring, or most of it, seems to be in place. Did anyone who got a sound version of the second run find that anything had been done to fix the lighting?

i have the blue edition and nthe lighting was corrected for this version

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

Some of the allegations in the letter are pretty poor (like the allegations about his health) but I was expecting to be offered money by a Nigerian prince or something by the end. I found it in poor taste and unprofessional.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3