KRModels announce a GT3 Model

micklner

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Lillian_R said:

Y'know chaps, when I posted my status on December 13th saying that I had a dream about seeing a BR Black GT3 loco, I never thought that it would *actually* come true in some fashion.

Don’t worry, it’s definitely not a sort of fashion 🤣

• Funny 1

40 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

I thought the livery of GT3 was red oxide primer.

Ahh  - but WHICH red oxide primer?

If this debate is to be repeated, reading the KRM GT3 thread first may be advisable!

CJI.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

I’ve been exhibiting my layout at Carnforth station all weekend.  As I can’t set my current layout up at home, the exhibition has been my first opportunity to run my sound fitted blue GT3.  What a superb loco it is and runs beautifully straight out of the box.  No need to adjust any CVs, just perfect.

51AD8700-8736-436A-AC03-CC2F9CC7EA3C.jpeg.13ba9110de21541259cfe3bf11104301.jpeg

This afternoon a chap spent a long time looking at GT3 and we had a long and interesting conversation.  He had seen the real loco at Lancaster, initially sat in the centre roads, then while he was there it set of north with a rake of ten or so coaches on a test run.  I switched the sound on and ran the loco up and down the layout a few times and he said the model sounded just like how he remembered the real GT3.

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold
On 28/08/2022 at 14:53, Barry O said:

It sounds like a lorry fitted with an ex RAF engine.. which is where the sound file came from...

Baz

And that comment adds what to the view of someone who has heard the real thing? Once again you suck the joy out.

• Like 3
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

The gentleman who did the recording and added it to the sound chip explained that that was the nearest he could get to it.. of course, you could always suggest an alternative source but most GT do sound similar..

Baz

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone heard about the latest batch that was due to arrive in October? We're halfway through the last week of October and I've heard nothing currently.

On another subject, I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to rolling stock. What sort of RTR coaching stock would match the GT3 from around the time it was tested on the GCR?

33 minutes ago, cowanh00 said:

Has anyone heard about the latest batch that was due to arrive in October? We're halfway through the last week of October and I've heard nothing currently.

On another subject, I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to rolling stock. What sort of RTR coaching stock would match the GT3 from around the time it was tested on the GCR?

Mostly old Stanier corridor stock, I'd think.

GT3 never ran in passenger service, so the test trains would have been made up of whatever old stock that was serviceable.

CJI.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 26/10/2022 at 15:13, cowanh00 said:

According to a KR Models post over on Faceache the 3rd batch are being prepared to leave the factory, should be shipping 'within a few weeks'

Somebody in the comments was moaning one of the fictitious liveries wasn't prototypical <rolls eyes>

Edited by spamcan61
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

8 hours ago, spamcan61 said:

According to a KR Models post over on Faceache the 3rd batch are being prepared to leave the factory, should be shipping 'within a few weeks'

Somebody in the comments was moaning one of the fictitious liveries wasn't prototypical <rolls eyes>

Yes I saw that too... made me laugh... apparently a newsletter is due soon with some updates on all projects. Which I expect will be very vague like the last one.

• RMweb Gold
On 14/02/2023 at 16:06, Helmdon said:

anyone heard anything? 

On facebook there suggesting a “new announcement that wont break the bank” this weekend, so presumably a wagon or scenic item.

Someone asking about when his Fell will arrive.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...

Do we assume that the above models are not selling like hot cakes? (Email below received today).

CJI.

We Dare To Build.

Hey there C J,,

I've got something deeply personal to share with you today, and it's important that you give me your undivided attention and read this email all the way through.

Trust me, there's something waiting for you that could be one of the most incredible opportunities you've ever stumbled upon!

Around 5 years ago...

In the vast realm of rail models, there was a void. A void that yearned for something truly extraordinary. 

A model so rare, so audacious, that it would make every rail enthusiast's heart skip a beat.

To fill this void, in 2018 I decided to shoulder, quite possibly, a colossal undertaking – to bring GT3 to life.

Considering that GT3 was a dream project for a lot of rail modelers, I thought if I shared this project with my fellow modelers, I’d be showered with support and praise… 

After all, it was a model that no other rail model company had the guts to build!

But…

To my surprise (and it still baffles me to this day), I encountered a storm of negativity like never before... 

The naysayers emerged from the shadows, spewing venomous comments that would make even the strongest wince!

They questioned my very ethics, called me a scammer, demanded that I share intimate details of my financials and to add insult to injury…they even had the audacity to falsely claim that I was suffering from a rare disease!

Now, I'll be honest with you.

It stung. It was a blow to the gut. 

But you know what? I didn't let those voices of negativity deter me. I stayed true to my vision...

And with the unwavering support and invaluable feedback from a small number of extraordinary rail modelers like you, we successfully brought GT3 to life!

Fast forward to today…

More than 6,000 customers, over a dozen unique models, and several awards (including Hornby Model of The Year) later, I am proud to announce that today we are celebrating the 5-Year Anniversary of KR Models!

As we stand at this milestone, we are filled with a deep sense of gratitude for the incredible community that has supported us every step of the way.

To express our appreciation and give back to the community that played such a pivotal role in our success, we have made a heartfelt decision. 

We are raising funds for the Railway Benefit Fund  —an organization that provides vital support to railway workers and their families during times of need.

Here’s how this incredible fund has helped some of the folks in our community:

Amazing, right?

Now, this is where YOU come into the picture…

Only 100 Modelers In The World

Can Get THIS Today!

Even though the existence of GT3 is a testament to the relentless pursuit of excellence and the refusal to settle for mediocrity…

After much consideration, we have made the difficult decision to conclude the production of our beloved GT3 model.

As of writing this email, we are on the 3rd production run of it and we don’t know when (or if) we will ever produce GT3 again!

But before we close this chapter, we wanted to do something truly remarkable!

We have created 100 exclusive GT3 bundles that encapsulate the essence of this iconic model. 

Each bundle is meticulously crafted and packed with collector's items that will be treasured by enthusiasts like you.

But here's the extraordinary part:

When you buy the GT3 British Rail bundle today, we will donate a significant percentage of the sales to the Railway Benefit Fund! 

Which means…

By acquiring one of these limited GT3 bundles, not only will you possess a cherished piece of rail modeling history, but you will also contribute to a cause greater than ourselves! 

Here Are Your Options...

GT3 British Rail Bundle (DCC-Ready)

What's In The Box:

Two GT3 Models in BR Black Early Crest and BR Green Late Crest colours.

Price: £360 (You save £40)

*Only 50 Bundles Available

Get DCC-Ready Bundle

GT3 British Rail Bundle (DCC-Sound)

What's In The Box:

Two GT3 Models in BR Black Early Crest and BR Green Late Crest colours.

Price: £540 (You save £60)

*Only 50 Bundles Available

Get DCC-Sound Bundle

If you've been on the fence about getting your hands on the GT3, now is your golden opportunity to seize it and make a meaningful impact in the lives of those in need.

Don't miss out on this incredible chance to indulge your passion and contribute to a greater cause simultaneously.

Cheers,

Keith

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 7