Mark 5, By Accurascale

On 20/01/2023 at 22:32, Chris89 said:

Although only one of the packs shown. Am incredibly impressed with the coaches. Over the weekend since not in work will get the whole set out. 

Have to say by far the best UK coaches and as said previously on par/ better then the Trix IC2/IC coaches. 

FF853DB3-69B8-498F-AA2A-95D1D12B7382.jpeg

130E2F36-BDAE-4879-BCAE-8558EB9FDA3E.jpeg

9BF6E244-D59F-4F7B-9694-1F66B80ED193.jpeg

Like the Technics powered station announcement system you have. Very nice for the layout room.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Edge said:

I’ll admit that mine have gone up on eBay in order to raise funds to pay for some unexpected expenses. And good lord, have the bids amazed me. Shot up and I’m now making £200 plus profit on the deal even when factoring in eBay fees 

Fair play.

these coaches have been on sale since before Covid. There’s no excuses not have bought them. There was several different payment routes on offer and very flexible terms. Until recently most were on sale,  aside of the 6 coach Aberdeen set, most were in stock until not long ago.

if people missed them it’s their own issue, £25 down they could have bought them years ago and paid in instalments. Obviously circumstances don’t matter if they can afford £3k on one hit on a set of coaches.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, tetsudofan said:

Two emails received, looks like my TPE's are on their way down here to the far south east corner!

Brutus is ready and waiting......

My Railtec renumber rename set is on the way to match..

Et tu, Brute - not for very much longer (and yes, it will be a Vossloh build loco)

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 2

Because I can't seem to review on the Accurascale website (yet) I thought I'd do a detailed review on here for you all to read, with that being said... On with the show.

I received my 2 Lowlander packs (Edinburgh portions specifically) last Wednesday but only got round to properly testing them tonight. I do not have a permanent layout (another yet) so I just set up a circuit on my hard kitchen floor for the purposes of testing. I've decided before any running to replace the magnetic Dellner on the coach at either end of the rake of 8 with a tension lock, I used 92010 with sound for the tests &.... It was hugely successful! 

I had 4 curves (3rd radius I believe) with 3 double straights at either side to make it a fairly big circuit & everything I did worked incredibly well. There was no separation while running around, no derailments, all the lighting worked as it should & in the dark it looked incredible. I got myself some PVA glue earlier today & all coaches now have their respective destination boards set to London Euston, another very easy job to fix them in place too thanks to the Accurascale guide on the website.

I have a TPE set pre-ordered which should arrive at some point this week that I'm thoroughly looking forward to. The Sleepers I never actually pre-ordered but when people on here began to receive theirs I knew I had to have some... & I'm so glad I jumped at the chance when they came back into stock. 

In conclusion, these are the best RTR coaches I have ever, EVER got! the innovations, the detail, the presentation & just everything down to the smallest detail simply shows what can be achieved today by a company that listen to their audience & provide incredible customer service in every circumstance. I could not recommend these enough to anyone interested in modern day Sleeper operations.

Thank you once again A/S for an absolutely incredible product, you continue to smash things out of the park & you've got a very loyal customer for life.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

A slightly tenuous link to the MkV coaches but since they are in them might as well as here as anywhere else....

What is the correct term for the cling film esq material these coaches, and lots of other things are shipped wrapped in.

This is the wrap that goes around each individual coach.

Would like to order a roll for other packaging solutions.

Thanks

Had my first run of my set last night and they are quite spectacular.

We have a day and night set of videos on our club page:

Stevenage and District MRC

Out of the box the full rake of 16 coaches proved a little heavy for the magnetic couplers. I suspect the wheel sets will free up with a bit of running. The rake felt very heavy even as a manual movement.

The really funny thing is packing your stock away and the lights still being on as you put the lid on the box 🤣

IMG_20230123_192744.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Hi. I hope I may be able to ask this in this thread. In February, 2019, I pre ordered one pack of TPE Mk 5a’s. I understand they are being dispatched this week in order of date of being pre ordered. Well, I have had a notification from DHL, in a text message this morning, that something is due to be delivered in the afternoon today. I have not yet had a dispatch email. So I’m left wondering about the validity of the text message. If it’s the carriage set then that’s fantastic, but I was under the impression there would be a dispatch email first. I hope someone can advise me about this please, only I am due to be out in the afternoon.

Your hopefully,

Rob.

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, Market65 said:

Hi. I hope I may be able to ask this in this thread. In February, 2019, I pre ordered one pack of TPE Mk 5a’s. I understand they are being dispatched this week in order of date of being pre ordered. Well, I have had a notification from DHL, in a text message this morning, that something is due to be delivered in the afternoon today. I have not yet had a dispatch email. So I’m left wondering about the validity of the text message. If it’s the carriage set then that’s fantastic, but I was under the impression there would be a dispatch email first. I hope someone can advise me about this please, only I am due to be out in the afternoon.

Your hopefully,

Rob.

Chances are it is. For me it's from International Logisitics Group for Accurascale stuff. I normally only get the DHL emails.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Thank you, E100, that’s most helpful. Well, I’ve taken a chance, and clicked on the link in the text  message.  It is valid, not a scam, and the Mk 5a’s are out for delivery, with the driver, in the afternoon. So I’ve rearranged my afternoon schedule so I can be in to accept the carriages. I am very excited! 

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1

2 minutes ago, Market65 said:

Thank you, E100, that’s most helpful. Well, I’ve taken a chance, and clicked on the link in the text  message.  It is valid, not a scam, and the Mk 5a’s are out for delivery, with the driver, in the afternoon. So I’ve rearranged my afternoon schedule so I can be in to accept the carriages. I am very excited! 

Best regards,

Rob.

You do realise we'll be waiting on here for your pictures? It is of paramount importance that you keep us updated 😃

Can't WAIT for mine!

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Edge said:

Kind of miffed I have missed out :( my gf volunteered to buy me replacement coaches for my birthday in Feb if I could find them online :( 

There is a chance there will be some on the Accurascale once all preorders and trade orders have been done. You would need to be quick.

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, BR Blue said:

There is a chance there will be some on the Accurascale once all preorders and trade orders have been done. You would need to be quick.

A batch of about 200 packs was released at 11.31am, and sold out by 11.57am I'm afraid. If you are on the waiting list for a pack, you will get an email alert, but it's first come first served. 

• Informative/Useful 1

I hadn’t signed up for any alerts on the product pages themselves - so I didn’t get any notifications.

singed up to the lot on the off chance that more are about, but suspect I’ve missed the boat on this one 

it’s actually kind of funny - the accurascale website is mocking me while I look at it with notifications of what other people managed to buy lol

Edited by Edge
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
40 minutes ago, McC said:

A batch of about 200 packs was released at 11.31am, and sold out by 11.57am I'm afraid. If you are on the waiting list for a pack, you will get an email alert, but it's first come first served. 

I did not realise they had come and gone. That was quick. Not for me however, way too modern but I am all in the Mk2Bs and will be the same for the 2Cs.

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Market65 said:

Your hopefully,

Rob.

That's all I got yesterday......and the package arrived at 11.30am this morning.

Now to read the operating instructions and stick the coaches on the track.......

• Like 1