Class 92, By Accurascale

• RMweb Gold

Hornby Magazine unfortunately (or fortunately) got it wrong 

All versions like the Deltic, have the stay alive built in, both working pans, full

lighting suite and one small

speaker. The sound version adds the big accurathrash and sound chip. 

Edited by McC
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, McC said:

Hornby Magazine unfortunately (or fortunately) got it wrong 

All versions like the Deltic, have the stay alive built in, both working pans, full

lighting suite and one small

speaker. The sound version adds the big accurathrash and sound chip. 

Oh phew. Mike Wild trying to make me sweat xD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 97406 said:

I’ll try a cheapo one first and report back. It’ll do for something else if it’s not suitable. I’ve gone for one of these… https://www.dccconcepts.com/product/ae-model-21-pin-6-function-decoder/

I will be interested to know the results - A LokPilot 5 DCC/MM/SX/M4, 21MTC seems to be unavailable in the UK.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Peter749 said:

I will be interested to know the results - A LokPilot 5 DCC/MM/SX/M4, 21MTC seems to be unavailable in the UK.

Yes it’s not the “approved” V5 for the U.K. market, it’s US and RoW primarily, I think ESU shot themselves in the foot not releasing on our market IMO.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Peter749 said:

Thanks - might be fun getting hold of one of them.

I have seen other 21 Pin DCC decoders -

Gaugemaster DCC95 Ruby Series 6fn Pro DCC Decoder 21 Pin

Dapol Imperium1 21 Pin MTC 6-function DCC decoder

Would one of those work?

I don't wish to buy the wrong thing.

Peter

Don’t rule out the excellent Zimo range, amazing motor control.

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, 66033 said:

Just had the notification they’re on the way 🥳although you should have combined my order for my 2 x Charles Dickens. Can’t wait to see them 🥳🥳

We’ll happily combine multiple orders just need to Ask. Otherwise we ship orders as they are ordered. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, John-r said:

They are showing as sold out, if still available would Santa 🎅 deliver them to Ireland before Christmas if I was to order very soon, Thanks.

Still available at retailers. Hattons, Rails of Sheffield, Kernow, or your retailer of choice

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Peter749 said:

Quite pricey as well, though they are good. I’ve fitted DCC to 60 or so locos recently so opted for the cheaper decoders in the main and found them very respectable.

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, vanbasher said:

I'm absolutely dying for the email saying my 92010 & 020 are on their way. Please can I just ask anyone who may know if the Royal Mail strikes will affect DHL deliveries? Many thanks 

DHL are under additional pressure for sure, but so far we've not seen much impact to local deliveries (tho the 'next day' service is typically taking 2-3 days now)!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, 97406 said:

Quite pricey as well, though they are good. I’ve fitted DCC to 60 or so locos recently so opted for the cheaper decoders in the main and found them very respectable.

Supply and demand? I expect these 92s are sucking up (tee hee) a lot of the global supply? The 50s will no doubt hoover up even more later on.

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Bucoops said:

Supply and demand? I expect these 92s are sucking up (tee hee) a lot of the global supply? The 50s will no doubt hoover up even more later on.

The shortage of chips will be playing its part, but my waistline’s never looked better! I’ll get me coat!

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

DPD is best for round me as well but to be fair to DHL on this occasion they are delivering 92038 this afternoon. I don't have a layout or even a rolling road due to a loft conversion and everything needing to be in storage, so I will leave it to others to comment on performance.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Peter749 said:

Would one of those work?

I don't wish to buy the wrong thing.

They'll probably work but I expect that you will need more than 6 functions to make the most of the lighting on these machines. I'd just buy an ESU one and be done with it.

59619 is the EU spec one which doesn't have 3 point speed curve, 59629 is the "DCC" one without the legacy protocols on but with 3 point speed curve. I tend to buy 59629 as they are slightly cheaper, but have some 59619s from a time when I couldn't get hold of 59629s and had stuff arriving!

image.png.f96930d5d5ddc69bdae2592bdc1a50ee.png

@boxbrownie this is what I was on about the other day, but wasn't at a PC to do the screenshot in terms of NEM660 vs MKL, "DCC" vs non "DCC".

It is also worth noting to those who may want a few of these, it is usually cheaper to buy from German sites and pay for shipping rather than buying in the UK in my experience. I only fit ESU and so tend to go through a few of these!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Roddy Angus said:

An option to choose Royal Mail 48 hour tracked would be great, even if it required an additional payment.

Roddy

If you want it before xmas id certainly avoid anything that isnt Special delivery if youre using rM. Over the strike days Tracked 48 and 2nd class parcels arent even being collected from post offices. You can imagine the backlog

1 minute ago, meatloaf said:

If you want it before xmas id certainly avoid anything that isnt Special delivery if youre using rM. Over the strike days Tracked 48 and 2nd class parcels arent even being collected from post offices. You can imagine the backlog

Supposedly (according to eBay when I bought postage last night), "Tracked" is taking priority over "signed for". I aren't sure "tracked" can be left with the post office though, I think it gets collected or left at delivery offices and in parcel boxes.

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

We are now also offering a specially programmed DCC decoder to offer DCC control of the locomotive and the operating pans without sound as well as two sets of crews (early BR era and late privatisation era) manufactured in the UK by Modelu!

The Lokpilot decoder is priced at £29.50 and the crews are £9.95 per pack. Both are due in stock in January 2023 and only available exclusively direct via Accurascale by ordering below:

Decoder: https://www.accurascale.com/collections/dcc-decoders-and-accessories/products/class-92-deltic-dcc-standard-chip

Crews: https://www.accurascale.com/collections/crews-and-people

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1