Class 37, by Accurascale

1 hour ago, Ruairidh Munro said:

Ah, that's great ... next time I have a micro-managing Project Manager demanding a progress update on my next project involving critical national infrastructure, I'll just tell him "All good things ... come to those that wait !!" and see if I still have a job by the end of the day 😉🤪

It's a toy train not the forth bridge - it'll come when it comes i guess 

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Funny 2

4 hours ago, Ruairidh Munro said:

Ah, that's great ... next time I have a micro-managing Project Manager demanding a progress update on my next project involving critical national infrastructure, I'll just tell him "All good things ... come to those that wait !!" and see if I still have a job by the end of the day 😉🤪

As you are clearly so important for our “critical national infrastructure” I’m sure you’d be safe as they couldn’t cope without you….. ;-)

Edited by aureol40012
  • Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Apologies, was attending a local show in Northern Ireland over the weekend so slowly catching back up on everything.

We will have an ETA for our Scottish 37s later this week. There might be a slippage of a week or two but no more than that really, but we shall confirm once we have full info. What I can confirm is that they look 😍 We're currently having them snapped, so look out for that in the coming days.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Accurascale were kind enough to send me one of the sound fitted production samples to have a play with so I've put together a review video for anyone who might be interested: 

Close Up shots at 02:44

Lighting demo at 09:28

Sound & Stay Alive demo at 11:00

and Running Session (without commentary) at 12:46

Quick disclaimer: As it was a production sample you might notice a few bumps from where it's gone through testing. Also, I obviously haven't paid for this model myself like I do with my usual review videos so take that into consideration. That said I've still been as honest as I can about the model and Accurascale had no editorial control over the video.

Enjoy 😃

• Like 14
  • Round of applause 3

31 minutes ago, That Model Railway Guy said:

Accurascale were kind enough to send me one of the sound fitted production samples to have a play with so I've put together a review video for anyone who might be interested: 

Close Up shots at 02:44

Lighting demo at 09:28

Sound & Stay Alive demo at 11:00

and Running Session (without commentary) at 12:46

Quick disclaimer: As it was a production sample you might notice a few bumps from where it's gone through testing. Also, I obviously haven't paid for this model myself like I do with my usual review videos so take that into consideration. That said I've still been as honest as I can about the model and Accurascale had no editorial control over the video.

Enjoy 😃

An excellent presentation, many thanks.

I'm really looking forward to my BR Green twin headbox 6704 turning up!

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
Just now, cairnsroadworks said:

Yes it is Mick 😃

If the decoder ever needs removal, that'll put strain on the soldered joints along the MTC connector.

(And yes - I've seen them break off)

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

There's a few 37s showing available again - Concrete Bob ran out of sound versions in front of my eyes lol

1 left. Probably gone by the time I click "Save".

Edited by Bucoops
  • Like 1

Wife managed to bag me a non sound version which i wanted sound but at least i have one. 

fran, can you confirm that decoders and speakers will be available to retro-fit to the 37's. ?

id just like to upgrade it thats all. 

many thanks. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

423 arrived today and I'm really over the moon with this one! 🥳

Very well worth the wait!

As noted by @D400 the tail lights are not set for F18 but F17. And the cold start function doesn't seem to be working.

But apart from that I have nothing else to complain about! 😄

I'm looking forward to the other liveries 🙃

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, Krieghoff said:

Wife managed to bag me a non sound version which i wanted sound but at least i have one. 

fran, can you confirm that decoders and speakers will be available to retro-fit to the 37's. ?

id just like to upgrade it thats all. 

many thanks. 

Hi @Krieghoff,

I can confirm! Speakers are currently in stock: https://www.accurascale.com/collections/dcc-decoders-and-accessories/products/accurathrash-dcc-sound-speaker-pack-of-1

We will have news on the decoders in the coming weeks.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Obviously, a significant proportion of modelers own a DCC system capable of only going up to 28 functions (certainly Digitrax and NCE to name a couple). Would it be a prudent step on future releases to utilise F26 before F29?

Unless of course that is reserved for the fan 😋

Edited by E100
  • Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Admitted to the Eastleigh Arlington Works paint facility on Tuesday 28th March 2023, 37611 has today been noted in Rail Operations Group livery. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

And will be working to a Derby on Friday I gather. Was initially supposed to be tomorrow. 

Roy

9 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

This affords an opportunity to ask a few follow on questions. As I am too someone who has gone for DCC Ready for my 37s, only now coming to DCC Sound... as such, I ask - 

Is the said linked speaker an EarthMover One or EarthMover Two, equivalent? (I only ask as over on the Deltic thread, there were suggestions that the Deltic had an EM1...). 

There must already be an 'iPhone' style speaker pre-fitted to the DCC Ready model? Considering the specification for DCC Sound states that a model comes with both a 'large EM2 style bass speaker' and a 'smaller iphone style cube for higher frequencies', as this latter speaker is not available to purchase in the DCC accessories section of the website, do I presume correctly?

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, 159220 said:

This affords an opportunity to ask a few follow on questions. As I am too someone who has gone for DCC Ready for my 37s, only now coming to DCC Sound... as such, I ask - 

Is the said linked speaker an EarthMover One or EarthMover Two, equivalent? (I only ask as over on the Deltic thread, there were suggestions that the Deltic had an EM1...). 

There must already be an 'iPhone' style speaker pre-fitted to the DCC Ready model? Considering the specification for DCC Sound states that a model comes with both a 'large EM2 style bass speaker' and a 'smaller iphone style cube for higher frequencies', as this latter speaker is not available to purchase in the DCC accessories section of the website, do I presume correctly?

The magnetic lift-off roof on the 37 provides full access to the chip socket and speaker area. To fit the accurathrash simply pop off the roof, pop in the speaker connector (and chip)

All models have the 'iPad' style small speaker, stay alive bank and full lighting suite as 'built in, deluxe' features out of the box.

Hope that helps!

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 3

Hi Fran & Co.

Just wanted to offer you all a massive thanks for these stunning models.

My initial order (419&423) arrived safely in Western Australia earlier this week. Which in itself is worth a massive pat on the back, 5 days in total from dispatch to delivery. Can’t argue with that 😉

I cannot praise you all highly enough for these, I must admit I’d completely forgotten about the handbrake chains and was surprised by their finesse. 

Let’s just say I’ve a ‘few’ more in order and really can’t wait for these to arrive now.

And to make a change for the requests about 37800, how about 37611 in its new ROG livery? 

Regards to all. P.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1