Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Class 37, by Accurascale

20 hours ago, Jammy2305 said:

Is there any way if obtaining spare multiple working cables? I've just spent over an hour trying to fit one to the No.1 end of D6703 and have successfully snapped both of them. It seems they are inherently the wrong shape (why is the pipe molded in such a way that the bufferbeam end is further away than the bodyside end, when on the loco the bufferbeam sits further back?) 

- James

If you can't get OEM parts, things like these are ideal for 3d printing. Unlike entire bodies for locos or wagons (which can take days or weeks to get right after you have learned the basics), small fittings like these are a good way to start 3d design & they are small enough that a batch of 50+ takes no longer than doing 1 set.

I made some MU fittings for class 86/87 but have not fitted them yet so cannot show a photo. I will need to make the pipes themselves separately though, but wire should be ok for this.

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, zr2498 said:

I wonder if No 1 certificate will end up on EBay 😄

No.1 is normally retained by the museum for it's collection. I did get No.2 on my APT-E but No.3 is probably more valuable after I regauged and weathered mine.

• Like 7
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
On 12/11/2023 at 22:16, Jammy2305 said:

Is there any way if obtaining spare multiple working cables? I've just spent over an hour trying to fit one to the No.1 end of D6703 and have successfully snapped both of them. It seems they are inherently the wrong shape (why is the pipe molded in such a way that the bufferbeam end is further away than the bodyside end, when on the loco the bufferbeam sits further back?) 

- James

Perhaps an email to Accurascale may help.  I find that I need to drill out the detail part location holes on many locos (all manufacturers*) as the parts may be a snug fit when unpainted but any painting on either the body or the detail part prevents them from fitting.

* apart from Heljan, who deliberately mould the detail parts larger than the holes they are supposed to fit into.

Cheers

Darius

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Darius43 said:

Perhaps an email to Accurascale may help.  I find that I need to drill out the detail part location holes on many locos (all manufacturers*) as the parts may be a snug fit when unpainted but any painting on either the body or the detail part prevents them from fitting.

* apart from Heljan, who deliberately mould the detail parts larger than the holes they are supposed to fit into.

Cheers

Darius

There’s no need to enlarge any holes on my D6702 … all the pipe work is a snug fit and is easily secured with a tiny dab of cyanoacrylate.

With the buffer beam deeply recessed it is easier to fit the detailing with the body off … you can see what you are doing then. Fit the buffer beam end of the MU jumper too …. Then refit the body before plugging the jumper in to its body mounted receptacle. 

Whilst you have the body off fit your crew too… 

What a cracking model!

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium

Having a play with factory sound fitted 37/6s last night. (DRS and ROG 37s)

I notice that the sound doesn't turn off (reasonably quickly) when F1 is pressed whilst on the move.

Some of my other locos may take a second or two if they happen to be going through one of the sound sequence loops and then turn off when the loop is completed, but the rest pretty much mute straight away.

The loco has to be brought to a full stop, whereby it will go through the engine shutdown routine - including a few Spirax pops, before the sound fully shuts off.

My reason for wanting to the sound to turn off on the move is when operating my Deadmans Lane layout an at exhibition.

Normally - all sound is off when stuff is in the rear storage yard as it can get quite annoying with 20-25 locos/units rumbling away. 

The usual procedure is to get a (silent) loco moving from the yard and press F1 on to enable sound well before it comes onto scene for the public viewers at the front.

The reverse procedure is F1 off after the loco is well off scene and heading back to the fiddle yard. (i.e. not going through a full shutdown sequence, just a simple sound off whilst moving)

This routine works well for all (to be accurate - most of them......) my operating team.

Having sound off means that locos can easily be shuffled up the yard if there is space.

With the sound on - they take far more time to shuffle up and a stationary loco going through the sound shutdown procedure won't move and is likely to prove slightly irritating at times.

Is it a simple tick/condition change on the Loksound decoder to make it perform like the rest of my stock?

I have a Lokprogrammer, but haven't put the 37 on it yet.

Has anyone else encountered this?

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, newbryford said:

My reason for wanting to the sound to turn off on the move is when operating my Deadmans Lane layout an at exhibition.

Simply Hit F27 to fade out the sound when the loco is off scene / away.

Class_37_dcc_functions_GENERIC_v4_Web_ou

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
Just now, McC said:

Simply Hit F27 to fade out the sound when the loco is off scene / away.

Class_37_dcc_functions_GENERIC_v4_Web_ou

Ta.

Looks like I'll have to remap that to a lower F-key.

F27 is a PITA to get to on quite a few handsets.

p.s. nothing showing on the image link.

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, AY Mod said:

No.1 is normally retained by the museum for it's collection. I did get No.2 on my APT-E but No.3 is probably more valuable after I regauged and weathered mine.

When the prototype Deltic model came out I did get and still have the museum ltd edition 001 so they do slip the net sometimes.

• Informative/Useful 3
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Premium
On 12/11/2023 at 10:54, spamcan61 said:

Maybe - and this is just a guess - red stripe versus no stripe indicated SKF versus Timken bearings?

Any idea when the early 37s such as 37.001 will reach retailers such as Rails?

#update# Rails tell me due late this week

Edited by reddragon
update

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, AY Mod said:

Missing a trick there guv'nor as the certificate is probably now worth more than the 'no longer mint condition' model.  Bit like selling empty boxes on Ebay - the right box in the right condition will go for much more than the item it once contained.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, newbryford said:

With the sound on - they take far more time to shuffle up and a stationary loco going through the sound shutdown procedure won't move and is likely to prove slightly irritating at times.

Is it a simple tick/condition change on the Loksound decoder to make it perform like the rest of my stock?

I have a Lokprogrammer, but haven't put the 37 on it yet.

That bit is, by ticking the disable sound start delay, however the start stuff still plays whilst the loco is moving. It just means the loco movement isn't dictated to by the sound file.

I aren't sure whether you can cut sound off immediately with ease. Would be an idea I'd be interested in as I could have itrain automatically do what you're on about doing. Entering a section activating sound and then when it leaves, deactivating.

Finally got my 6702, it looks just the part. Seems to run on Dc at lot better than most of my blue box Type 3s, fit the decoders when the others arrive.

Just needs weathering in to the condition it was in in the late 60s when allocated to Tinsley. Will get that done when the other two (6703 and 6704)arrive.

I did think at one stage I had ordered another 6702 but the pre order was added on to a later 0rder for 6702..........

i got my 97301 back after repair,  but when i put power about half way  the sound cuts out and wont come back on until i come to full stop,  sometimes on it own sometimes pressing f1 few seconds after it fully stopped,   i dont really want to send it back if i can help it for a 2nd look as i not had much play time with it because of sending it back for the first time

any one else had this issue?

Forgive me if this has already been asked before but as I was slow to the party I registered my interest should stock become available in a 37 in green. Has anyone had a notification like this?

I assume people have received green livery's or started to. 

Hopeful.

G.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, BrakeCoach said:

I'm also eyeing on a 37 in green but am a little bit late to the party... i wonder if accurascale would do a third run of the 37s? hmm...

Hopefully a third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh etc. with Scottish 37s in each run.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

On 13/11/2023 at 10:54, MikeParkin65 said:

Likewise - a welcome surprise! Well packed and no loose parts :) 

IMG_0859.jpeg

IMG_0863.jpeg

IMG_0865.jpeg

Excellent, thank you for that, I now know roughly how big a package I'm looking for when I get to work. Me and a colleague play a game where we hide each others parcels. She is going to strugglecwith this one!

• Funny 2

47 minutes ago, SC55015 said:

Hopefully a third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh etc. with Scottish 37s in each run.

When i spoke to them at Ally Pally this year, apparently a third run had already been finalised and a fourth run was already been planned! That was back in March this year....

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Garry D100 said:

When the prototype Deltic model came out I did get and still have the museum ltd edition 001 so they do slip the net sometimes.

But didn't I read somewhere that Bachmann's certificates are normally put in the boxes in China and you would have to open every box and look for 001.