Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Premium
20 hours ago, McC said:

Aside of support, we're always open to feedback, criticism and areas we might improve on, or photos, research, notes or anything else our wonderful customers feel might help us :)

Although feedback does sometimes get you blocked. :mellow:

#68coupling

Edited by newbryford
  • Agree 2

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, newbryford said:

#68coupling

The only people who have been blocked from this topic (3) are ones who either had a clear agenda or were just idiots and the only blocking has been done by me; despite tales peddled.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Well, Kelsey was good to her word and dropped off my decoder nine minutes earlier than previously advised. 

Top service from both Accurascale and DPD. 

Rob

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 21/11/2023 at 18:53, Covkid said:

In a moment of weakness i was hooked by an Accurascale email flyer and have ordered D6702 and an Accurathrash decoder to go in it

A very busy couple of weeks has simply flown by and I now have D6702 kitted up and sounded good. 

As I responded to a the flyer I discovered the sound fitted ones were all sold, so I decided on a DIY project by buying the loco and the sound decoder, without considering I really need the speaker to get the optimum enjoyment.  Accurascale were out of stock so I ordered an EM1 from Roads & Rails, then discovered I should have clips to clip the noisy speaker into the loco, which involved a Black Friday order to Accurascale for clips crew, buffers etc. 

Received the message from the parcel courier DPD to say they were waiting for the parcel from Accurascale. Ten days later still no parcel so contacted both DPD and Accurascale, and the latter claim the former mislaid it, but sent me a duplicate which arrived next day.

Took to roof off the loco and found a bundle of wires running down the middle of the loco, where big speaker needed to be, so removed the little black tapes and slid the cable bundle over to the side, then installed it. The sound is fantastic, but I initially had some concerns because the sound was sometimes cutting out at start up. A little bit of lateral thinking resolved this - the loco needs to charge the capacitor when you put it on the track, so just apply patience and serenity and let the loco charge for a minute or two - then press F1 to start.

After some initial concerns I am very pleased with the loco and now need to fit appropriate headcodes then weather it.  The loco in it's 41A guise will be a little wobegone and grimy having worked plenty of coal, coke and steel trains around Yorkshire. For me it will be working coal, coke, iron, steel and genrral freight into the Black Country.  

Thanks Accurascale for setting the bar high.  

• Like 6

5 hours ago, newbryford said:

#68coupling

5 hours ago, AY Mod said:

The only people who have been blocked from this topic (3) are ones who either had a clear agenda or were just idiots and the only blocking has been done by me; despite tales peddled.

I've repeatedly had posts removed by you Andy at the request of Accurascale, as have others when giving feedback of similar motor issues, and controller manufacturers have been repeatedly blamed with no evidence to suggest an issue of their making. I'm glad to see some acknowledgement of the motors issues (including with Steve Nicholls at the Warely stand). Hopefully their reliability can be improved - ultimately that's all any of us want. We don't just buy the models for the sake of it!

Edited by adamvb
Clarify first sentence
  • Like 3

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, adamvb said:

I've repeatedly had posts removed at the request of Accurascale Andy, as have others when giving feedback of similar motor issues, and controller manufacturers have been repeatedly blamed with no evidence to suggest an issue of their making.

On the subject of evidence then, where's yours to support this statement. 

Rob. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Rob. 

Hi Rob, 

I'd be happy to do so but I fear they would be deleted. If Andy is happy for me to share them I'd be glad to - I've had 4 different posts relating to reliability issues with the 92s motors especially removed at the request of Accurascale because they were dealing with me, and because of their internal annoyance at the issues experienced. 

Best

Adam

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, adamvb said:

ve repeatedly had posts removed at the request of Accurascale Andy,

I removed them because you were going on and on like a Duracell bunny whilst discussions were underway and taking up my time. You are, very unwisely, doing it again when I'm not supposed to be working.

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

I'm not supposed to be working.

@adamvb Seeing as you think that's funny I'm removing access until I'm back at work.

Couldn't even be wise for an hour.

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 5

2 hours ago, chuffinghell said:

I hope you mean idiotic comments and not just idiots in general because I don’t want to be blocked 🤪

I’ve been moderated once in 15 years . I hereby claim my HRH the King  flying Scotsman carriage clock for outstanding behaviour .

• Like 1
  • Funny 10

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

One wouldn't be able to provide evidence of posts deleted unless one took a screenshot straight after posting (to re-publish later), or preferably a photo of screen with the surrounding background.  Zero chance of manipulation with photo (worked a treat when fighting parking eye of over a supposed non Aldi supermarket registration.

• RMweb Gold
On 23/12/2023 at 09:12, NHY 581 said:

Given the recent repetative negativity from certain quarters, I am happy to report a good thing. 

Email from Accurascale yesterday advising 'original' sound decoders back in stock. Subsequent email received advising 'Kelsey' from DPD will be delivering said decoder this morning. 

Looks like it will be a noisey Christmas morning. 

Excellent service. 

Rob. 

I got a similar email Friday, saying the refurbished Class 37 decoder was back in stock, so I ordered it straight away and I thought, it will arrive after Xmas.  Got a email from DPD yesterday to say that it would arrive between 12.38 & 13.38, and at 12.35, there was a ring on the door bell.  Great service from Accurascale and DPD.

It was duly fitted last night, runs and sounds great but I bought some retaining clips for the Accurathrash speaker (still waiting for), but noticed the tiny screws needed to hold them in place are missing, and just holes where they need to screw them into.  Are the screws available?

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

I got a similar email Friday, saying the refurbished Class 37 decoder was back in stock, so I ordered it straight away and I thought, it will arrive after Xmas.  Got a email from DPD yesterday to say that it would arrive between 12.38 & 13.38, and at 12.35, there was a ring on the door bell.  Great service from Accurascale and DPD.

It was duly fitted last night, runs and sounds great but I bought some retaining clips for the Accurathrash speaker (still waiting for), but noticed the tiny screws needed to hold them in place are missing, and just holes where they need to screw them into.  Are the screws available?

I asked the same question and was told on here they clip in and no screws are needed (unlike the Deltic)

I'm yet to try mine...

Chris

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Gilbert said:

I asked the same question and was told on here they clip in and no screws are needed (unlike the Deltic)

I'm yet to try mine...

Chris

Which begs the question, why sell the retaining clips for the Class 37 if they don't need them?  I've fitted the clips to my Class 55, but there was only two screws on the chassis to make it secure, when you really need four, so I've emailed support to see if I can get the other two.  Fitting them certainly sorted out the vibration problem I was getting with the Deltic.

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, jools1959 said:
1 hour ago, Gilbert said:

I'm yet to try mine...

Chris

Which begs the question, why sell the retaining clips for the Class 37 if they don't need them? 

He didn't say that you don't need them (of course you don't actually need them as other methods of fixing speakers are available!), but Gilbert actually said the clips just clip in and do not screw in.  😉

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, 55020 said:

He didn't say that you don't need them (of course you don't actually need them as other methods of fixing speakers are available!), but Gilbert actually said the clips just clip in and do not screw in.  😉

I appreciate that and maybe I missed pointing out, yes, they just 'clip on' but on mine, there still a bit loose and really need the screws to firmly secure them in.

2 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

I will if I can't get the screws.  If I've got the clips, I kinda want to use them

Sorry should have explained myself... Even with the screws, at one end you are putting them into the PCB and never seem to be tight enough, so with a bit of black tac, secures all in place and stops any vibration. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Melton Works said:

Sorry should have explained myself... Even with the screws, at one end you are putting them into the PCB and never seem to be tight enough, so with a bit of black tac, secures all in place and stops any vibration. 

And fair point, sorry

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

I've put more on my Cumbrian Coast thread, but here are some pictures I took earlier today of some of my DRS Class 37's, which of course will be running with my Bachmann Mk2's, on my Cumbrian Coast layout.

IMG_2546.jpeg

IMG_2551.jpeg

IMG_2552.jpeg

IMG_2553.jpeg

IMG_2554.jpeg

IMG_2556.jpeg

IMG_2557.jpeg

IMG_2558.jpeg

• Like 14