Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold

I have pre ordered a Class 37 and now wondering whether I have done the right thing.  There appears to be many running problems with the Accurascale 37 compared to the Bachmann.  Without trolling this op I wonder if Accurascale are aware of the alleged problems and resolved them.

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, tarifa said:

I have pre ordered a Class 37 and now wondering whether I have done the right thing.  There appears to be many running problems with the Accurascale 37 compared to the Bachmann.  Without trolling this op I wonder if Accurascale are aware of the alleged problems and resolved them.

The issues with the running have been well documented and discussed earlier in this thread, and Accurascale to their credit have been very open and discussed them here too. 

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, tarifa said:

Hi @tarifa,

Some people have had issues, the same with any other model, and there are many thousands that have had nothing but enjoyment and pleasure out of them, again just like any model. Our lifetime warranty for the model will give you that piece of mind that your model will be looked after, but of course as part of your statutory rights you can always return it 30 days after delivery if you are not satisfied too for a full refund.

Personally, I think you'll love it. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Sadly my 37 has joined those having issues, already contacted Accurascale support and it's going to be heading back to them soon for repair.

I think it's important for anyone having issues to get in touch with Accurascale as they can then build a wider picture of what is occurring and make improvements if they are needed to future models. People just complaining on Social Media and carrying out home fixes doesn't help them in this case. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, tarifa said:

52 minutes ago, CazRail said:

The issues with the running have been well documented and discussed earlier in this thread, and Accurascale to their credit have been very open and discussed them here too. 

Just adding my two penn'th here.

IMHO Accurascale have raised the bar with their class 37s. The stay alive and the DCC sound are technologically advanced and need that consideration. When you put the loco on the track you need a few seconds for the onboard capacitor to charge up. Once this has happened everything should be fine. 

After a few flyers for the class 37s I decided to buy D6702 but the sound fitted version was not available, so I opted for buying the DCC ready version and the decoder. Unfortunately Accurascale didn't have any Accurathrash speakers in stock at the time so I ordered an EM1 from Roads and Rails which was advised is the same as the Accurathrash, but without the branding. 

After learning to wait the few seconds to charge the power source my D6702 is fine.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Covkid said:

Just adding my two penn'th here.

IMHO Accurascale have raised the bar with their class 37s. The stay alive and the DCC sound are technologically advanced and need that consideration. When you put the loco on the track you need a few seconds for the onboard capacitor to charge up. Once this has happened everything should be fine. 

After a few flyers for the class 37s I decided to buy D6702 but the sound fitted version was not available, so I opted for buying the DCC ready version and the decoder. Unfortunately Accurascale didn't have any Accurathrash speakers in stock at the time so I ordered an EM1 from Roads and Rails which was advised is the same as the Accurathrash, but without the branding. 

After learning to wait the few seconds to charge the power source my D6702 is fine.

And I think a lot of people used to the last generation of models need to seriously review their layout wiring (gauge of wire, integrity of power bus) , suitability of control system (can it access 20+ functions?) , voltage to tracks, AMPs available etc before buying current (excuse the pun) generation models and then blaming those models when they dont perform as expected. I write from experience. In DC days we learnt not to expect our trainset controller to run a layout that had grown ever larger and more complex - its the same with DCC, you need more than '2 wires to the track' and the cheapest controller on the market to get proper performance from the current crop of high end models like the AS 37. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 9

14 minutes ago, MikeParkin65 said:

And I think a lot of people used to the last generation of models need to seriously review their layout wiring (gauge of wire, integrity of power bus) , suitability of control system (can it access 20+ functions?) , voltage to tracks, AMPs available etc before buying current (excuse the pun) generation models and then blaming those models when they dont perform as expected. I write from experience. In DC days we learnt not to expect our trainset controller to run a layout that had grown ever larger and more complex - its the same with DCC, you need more than '2 wires to the track' and the cheapest controller on the market to get proper performance from the current crop of high end models like the AS 37. 

I've mentioned the importance of correctly rated wiring too in a few threads.   Even some of those building new layouts use the cheapest, thinnest wiring and expect multiple new generation models to all work at the same time.

I was helping operate at an exhibition a while back, a diesel depot layout behind us was filled with full volume diesels which would cut out anytime a loco moved.

When packing up on the Sunday eve I saw the wiring, it was like sewing thread.  I suggested they upgraded the bus at least and was rebuffed as their electrical guy was an electrician by trade, apparently!

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
On 27/07/2023 at 10:14, G-BOAF said:

My vote would be for 37403 in its SRPS/DRS Large Logo condition (original refurb condition but with reinforced windscreens)

And now you have your vote fulfilled!

• Like 1

On 12/02/2024 at 22:50, cairnsroadworks said:

Nice. Really suits it. I’m trying to decide whether to reinstate the bodyside window and relocated the orange stripe or not 😂😂😂

Well seeing as you mentioned it, it had to be done! Grafted in a window frame from an old Vi Trains scrapper I had. 👍. Nice to see 403 announced. 

20240214_223432.jpg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, LNERandBR said:

I think it's important for anyone having issues to get in touch with Accurascale as they can then build a wider picture of what is occurring and make improvements if they are needed to future models. People just complaining on Social Media and carrying out home fixes doesn't help them in this case. 

I also think it is impolite to complain in public before giving the supplier a chance to resolve the issue. Most will be keen to sort any problem & be praised for it rather than be criticised.

• Like 2
  • Agree 16
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

On 14/02/2024 at 11:06, tarifa said:

I think they are aware and I'm sure that's why the lifetime warranty has been introduced to help ease the worry as more customers with motor issues have appeared online. It's potentially a big cost to them so won't have been done without a strong reason to do so I wouldn't think.

I managed to get a D6704 yesterday, delivered today. The model looked great, I turned on the sound it ran 1 metre the went quiet, oh sh£t. Turned CV 63 to 180, OMG it’s like the model railway version of K,ell,,,y B,,rook. Gorgeous looking, smooth and sounds great. Thanks Accurascale I can’t have KB but this is nearly as good. Congratulations on a fine model. I should say I have no connection to Accurascale, or alas KB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Gold

I’m looking forward to getting 714 delivered soon. One question - is the second run of the production 37s still coming at the same time? Just want to get my budgeting sorted for next month. Thanks.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

I'll await some clarity but it appears 714 is separate to the rest of the centre headcode batch which are still a number of months away......but of course happy to be corrected on that. 

Rob

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi @Dicky L

You need to remove that image as it contains third party bank account details and this is a public forum. 

Rob

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
47 minutes ago, Dicky L said:

Seems like the HTG are getting a bit ahead of themselves then!!!!!!

Not at all! They’ll be the first of the batch to land and I’d imagine the group would need customers to commit asap to pay the bills in turn before the models land. 

Edited by McC
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, NHY 581 said:

Hi @Dicky L

You need to remove that image as it contains third party bank account details and this is a public forum. 

Rob

Apologies for that, it seems to have been removed anyway

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, McC said:

Not at all! They’ll be the first of the batch to land and I’d imagine the group would need customers to commit asap to pay the bills in turn before the models land. 

My point was that the email stated the loco has left the factory, The 37s do not state in transit on the link that you posted on your website. 

1 hour ago, Dicky L said:

My point was that the email stated the loco has left the factory, The 37s do not state in transit on the link that you posted on your website. 

Perhaps Run 2 is being broken up into batches like Run 1 was....