The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Self isolation support group

Neil

Message added by AY Mod

Please keep this thread free of Coronavirus information or discussion, there are two other threads to go into details if one wishes to visit.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, boxbrownie said:

I assume this one is warming up in a very unorthodox way.....:o

EEF949EB-C97E-44CC-8D7C-A9E98A7844CE.jpeg.77b17e946636e56652142b181af79a52.jpeg

:lol:

Stretching, bending and contorting do seem to be staples of ballet dancers' routines off-stage. But what they do on-stage still takes my breath away. And dedicating this vid to the French healthcarers is kinda more accessible than the 20.00 applause every Thursday in the UK.

• RMweb Premium
On 27/03/2020 at 20:18, Dave 46 said:

Thanks for those replies, I suppose I shall have to be patient.  I wonder if It will be the same in a month with Voie Libre?

Dave

Well, now I know.  I received an Email from the publisher of Voie Libre giving a link to an online version (free as a subscriber) so it looks as if the English version is unlikely to be published soon, if at all.

Dave

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, Dave 46 said:

Well, now I know.  I received an Email from the publisher of Voie Libre giving a link to an online version (free as a subscriber) so it looks as if the English version is unlikely to be published soon, if at all.

Dave

I've had the e-mail too but it mentions delay rather than cancellation so I'm hopeful of a print copy arriving sometime, even if it's quite a wait.

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Neil said:

I've had the e-mail too but it mentions delay rather than cancellation so I'm hopeful of a print copy arriving sometime, even if it's quite a wait.

Well, if you check the MRJ 278 thread 2mmMark has received his copy, so it looks hopeful.

Dave

• Informative/Useful 1

The weather for the  last few days really has been wonderful. Should have been on our annual Spring golf trip to the Cotswolds, but not to be. Least of our concerns with all that is going on, but ironic that the last few years the trip has been cold and wet.....

I love Wisteria and we planted this when we moved here 25 years ago. Something like 48-50 weeks of the year, it’s just boring green, but come mid April this happens....Two or three weeks later the flowers have gone and it’s back to long whippy bits again.

Ain't nature wonderful. Certainly gave me a lift this morning.

DSCF0800.jpg.2c48705d7cf25d5f68f0359d1cee0bcc.jpg

Edited by gordon s
  • Like 15

On 23/04/2020 at 11:46, Baby Deltic said:

New for 2020 - Quarantine Barbie:

image.png.e2d13da815ecf0885a7ea40340e6834d.png

Soon to be the subject of a Channel 4 'documentary'.... 'My 600lbs Barbie'...!

Is Channel 4 still broadcasting...? I'm still binge watching DVD boxsets for the duration.... I'd forgotten how much better Lalo Schifrin's original theme to 'Starsky & Hutch' is compared to his later one, in one of the early episodes he even does a reprise of his 'Dirty Harry' theme during a car chase.... oh and the pilot episode filmed in '74 is quite gritty in places, the cheesyness came along in the much later episodes... :biggrin_mini2:

S&H dc311f.jpg

Edited by Rugd1022
  • Like 2

On 24/04/2020 at 17:19, gordon s said:

I love Wisteria and we planted this when we moved here 25 years ago. Something like 48-50 weeks of the year, it’s just boring green, but come mid April this happens....Two or three weeks later the flowers have gone and it’s back to long whippy bits again.

Ain't nature wonderful. Certainly gave me a lift this morning.

DSCF0800.jpg.2c48705d7cf25d5f68f0359d1cee0bcc.jpg

Oh. I only planted ours last Autumn. Looks like I may need to wait a bit longer then...

IMG_3364.JPG.f84b964f9f32ef99dd2fd64e919654b1.JPG

• Friendly/supportive 5

On 25/04/2020 at 17:44, TT-Pete said:

Oh. I only planted ours last Autumn. Looks like I may need to wait a bit longer then...

IMG_3364.JPG.f84b964f9f32ef99dd2fd64e919654b1.JPG

From little acorns.....:-)

They are lovely when in bloom, but it’s all too short. The main trunk on ours is probably 5” in diameter and the spread around 40’ across the back of the house. 

Once you have erected the support frame, you can start to train the main shoots and as it establishes itself, you implement the seven and two rule.....

In July. (7th month) cut all side shoots back to leave seven buds from the main stem. In February (2nd month) you cut all those same stems back to two buds from the main stem. Just remember the seven and two rule.....

My wife told me to add ‘as quoted by Adam Frost of Gardeners World.......

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1