More model ideas

38 minutes ago, BR Blue said:

The Es and and Fs are very similar alright and it would not take much for Bachmann to do an E. The D is different, the major difference being the position of the toilet windows.

Talking simplistically, as far as I understand it an E is an F with the AC system from a D if that makes sense? I.e. that is the main difference between them?

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, TomScrut said:

Talking simplistically, as far as I understand it an E is an F with the AC system from a D if that makes sense? I.e. that is the main difference between them?

While the D, E and F are all air-con, the D is different. It has a different window arrangement to the E and F. The E and F are the same in this regard to each other but not the D. Hornby made an F using lots of components from their E. You cannot do that for a D. The window arrangement is different. With a bit of modelling you could make an E from an F and vice versa. You would need to start cutting up coach sides to make a D from an E or an F.

• Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, BR Blue said:

While the D, E and F are all air-con, the D is different. It has a different window arrangement to the E and F. The E and F are the same in this regard to each other but not the D. Hornby made an F using lots of components from their E. You cannot do that for a D. The window arrangement is different. With a bit of modelling you could make an E from an F and vice versa. You would need to start cutting up coach sides to make a D from an E or an F.

The D has the toilet windows on the same side so one side has 2 toilet windows and the other none, the E and F have them on opposite corners so both sides have one toilet window.

21 hours ago, Covkid said:

With Mk2b and Mk2c being done by Accurascale, Mk2a and Mk2f by Bachmann and Mk2e by Hornby, that pretty much covers the range save for the oddities like the Manchester Pullmans and the Caley Sleeper BUOs etc.

I think the problem is less what has been done previously, and more what is presently available: A significant portion of these variants, in again a significant number of liveries have been unavailable for some time, and scouring the internet for pre-owned models has proven challenging, at least for finding Blue/Grey Bachmann Mk2 & Mk2a's. Accurascale seem to have perfected bringing constant supply - With a lot of their models having frequent re-releases with just different running numbers. Should they choose to expand their Mk2 range, I feel they'd do a great job of keeping these models available for purchase, rather than having to dig for seconds. 

• Like 4

Well, looking at this year's announcements I have got somewhat concerned over the lack of new Southern Region E.M.U.s  -  mostly, I suggest, due to the large prices being charged by the two big boys.   So, may I suggest that Accurascale look at some of the many, many options.

The favourite, as far as I am concerned, would be the 4-COR, an EMU unit with real character and a variety of liveries, as it was in service from 1937 to 1972.  For the sake of economies some underframes were then used as the basis for long welded rails carriers and crane runners.   (IF successful there are options for single alternative coaches - to make alternative variations for a 4-RES, or 4-BUF/4-GRID).

Nelsons for ever !

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

7 hours ago, phil gollin said:

Well, looking at this year's announcements I have got somewhat concerned over the lack of new Southern Region E.M.U.s

Just to point out only 1 company still does a yearly announcement - Hornby.  Bachmann does quarterly announcements so will have another 3 announcements this year and everyone else does it when they are ready.

So it is a bit early to write off the year.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, mdvle said:

Just to point out only 1 company still does a yearly announcement - Hornby.  Bachmann does quarterly announcements so will have another 3 announcements this year and everyone else does it when they are ready.

So it is a bit early to write off the year.

Possibly, but with the new Bulleid coaches getting ever nearer, I was rather hoping for something appropriate to hook on to the front of them....

John

• RMweb Gold

I would have thought that the new Wascosa FEA-W wagons with their various modules would be a really good candidate for Accurascale. The link below to the excellent 47soton.co.uk site gives some details and demonstrates that at the present, at least, they have been used on intermodal by GBRf.

https://www.47soton.co.uk/2022/02/new-wascosa-fea-w-wagons-at-eastleigh.html

What I do not know is how different these FEA-W wagons are to the original ones produced by Dapol. I really can't recommend too much the 47soton site, it has some great photographs and links which keep anyone up to date on a weekly basis as to what is happening around Eastleigh.

all the best

Godfrey

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Godfrey Glyn said:

I would have thought that the new Wascosa FEA-W wagons with their various modules would be a really good candidate for Accurascale. The link below to the excellent 47soton.co.uk site gives some details and demonstrates that at the present, at least, they have been used on intermodal by GBRf.

https://www.47soton.co.uk/2022/02/new-wascosa-fea-w-wagons-at-eastleigh.html

What I do not know is how different these FEA-W wagons are to the original ones produced by Dapol. I really can't recommend too much the 47soton site, it has some great photographs and links which keep anyone up to date on a weekly basis as to what is happening around Eastleigh.

all the best

Godfrey

To be honest I think these would be an excellent option. The fact the loads can change very easily also adds options for additional sales and interest. And it's Network Rail which pretty much automatically means it will sell!

From a personal perspective I'd probably like these but would have to lose some other yellow stuff first.

Also, is this more likely to be something Hattons would do since they have FEAs already (although as you say about the Dapol ones, not sure what the differences are)?

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

You all get the find out at 12pm folks, see you at noon ;)

Cheers!

Fran 

Switching to full froth mode . We all know its a Swindon Class 126 timed for model rail Scotland !

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, sulzer71 said:

As much as I would like a 126 the announcement says a new 00 gauge locomotive

Ha ha . Id love one too , but I think we have to concede this is probably one of the most unlikely models to be made . Although who would have though thered be a 4DD !

Edited by Legend
  • Like 2

Just now, Legend said:

Ha ha . Id love one too , but I think we have to concede this is probably one of the most unlikely models to be made . Although who woulkd have thaough thered be a 4DD !

I have a suspicion it will be something Scottish though hopefully , would be nice to see them do a 26 + 27 :)

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, sulzer71 said:

I have a suspicion it will be something Scottish though hopefully , would be nice to see them do a 26 + 27 :)

I feel this is very natural territory for SLW so I doubt it. But yes something Scottish would be very welcome, especially if pre-grouping. 

• Like 2

Just now, E100 said:

I feel this is very natural territory for SLW so I doubt it. But yes something Scottish would be very welcome, especially if pre-grouping. 

I agree there but If Phil Sutton did do them I would imagine they would be way down the line so to speak with the current production he has + other 24/25 variants still to be done  , I think if Accurascale were to do them they would be on par with Suttons products anyway 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

Presumably there will not be anything else announced at glasgow?

There should be a few other announcements as a minimum. There's the KMS 73/9 re-announcement for a start