More model ideas

4 minutes ago, Rob Coote said:

Hi Fran. What about doing a modern image DMU for the modellers who don’t either  live In the south, model Yorkshire or model the mid century.

Maybe a class 175 or the new CAF 196/197?

A TPEx 185 would be better as they would also appeal to us modern-Scottish modellers.

• Agree 1

I would like to see accurascale take hold of a small loco: the 08 shunter. I have the Bachmann version in br blue and love it.

The challenge I would put to the wonderful creators at accurascale, is to produce an 08 to this level, but then have it all with chip, speaker and lighting options within the loco. No mean feat for such a small loco. After all certain individuals have done it, but massive cut and shut.

Having me a gronk with sound and lights, but in a well engineered model..

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Rob Coote said:

Hi Fran. What about doing a modern image DMU for the modellers who don’t either  live In the south, model Yorkshire or model the mid century.

Maybe a class 175 or the new CAF 196/197?

So that's about 5 of you then.....?

:jester:

• Funny 3

13 hours ago, Rob Coote said:

...... a modern image DMU for the modellers who don’t either  live In the south, model Yorkshire or model the mid century.

.... and those of us who live in the south - probably more than five of us - don't necessarily model the south !

'appens I DO model the south - and I model mid century .............. but there ain't any DMUs of ANY use the for a 1948 Southern layout ! :D

cue another plug for a 4SUB !

• Agree 1

Now your doing the Magnesite hoppers for the Irish model scene, what about the Prestwin hoppers and Anhydrite hoppers for the UK scene. Bachmann seem to have given up with their proposed Prestwin, due to the likely retail cost. For safety, there were two diagrams of Prestwins, so you could do the one not announced tgen suspended by Bachmann, which is the longer wheelbase version, which was lower in height  the one in the Airfix/Dapol kit. The Anhydrite hopper, like the Magnesite hopper, was used in one flow from Long Meg mines, but when the mine closed operated out of Wellingborough.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, rembrow said:

Now your doing the Magnesite hoppers for the Irish model scene, what about the Prestwin hoppers and Anhydrite hoppers for the UK scene. Bachmann seem to have given up with their proposed Prestwin, due to the likely retail cost. For safety, there were two diagrams of Prestwins, so you could do the one not announced tgen suspended by Bachmann, which is the longer wheelbase version, which was lower in height  the one in the Airfix/Dapol kit. The Anhydrite hopper, like the Magnesite hopper, was used in one flow from Long Meg mines, but when the mine closed operated out of Wellingborough.

But isn't that the issue.  so many hoppers that have yet to be tackled.  My preference would the mixed designs which made up the iron ore trains from the Oxon into the Black Country.  We wouldn't need a full rake like you ideally would with the Anhydrites.  I have got me some of the Peco 13 tonner kits so a dozen or so of the "LMS" iron ore hoppers and some "HJ"s and HK"s  would be fantastic. 

I think the Prestwin is bubbling nearer to the service - just had my invoice for the Rapido GPVs so another type out of the design and production phase, and I guess the Palbricks will be in production shortly. Those of us who love our transition era wagons are on a roll !!  

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

If we're going into full on fantasy mode I'd love to see Accurascale do justice to the new CrossRail trains on The Elizabeth Line - id even be happy if they weren't prototypical length!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

If we're going into full on fantasy mode I'd love to see Accurascale do justice to the new CrossRail trains on The Elizabeth Line - id even be happy if they weren't prototypical length!

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, Mooresby said:

I’d order at least two! I wonder if some clever tooling could make it viable to do the other members of the Aventra family along side? 

• Like 2

A few things I've got my fingers crossed for from Accurascale: 

- Shockhood B's (Would make sense as the use the same/similar underframe as the Coil A/MDV)

- Gloucester Cemflo (They've done multiple runs of the Met-Cam, would be nice to see the Gloucester version)

- APCM Bagged cement van (once again, a nice addition to their Cemflo's)

- Ford Palvan

- More MK2's (Manchester pullman, here's hoping!)

• Like 2

On 10/03/2022 at 19:30, Mooresby said:

On 10/03/2022 at 19:59, Watto1990 said:

I’d order at least two! I wonder if some clever tooling could make it viable to do the other members of the Aventra family along side? 

Is there much commonality of vehicle design ? I guess there must be although I understand the 345 isactually a hybrid design and not"full on" Averntra.   If the bodyshells look the same and the roof modules and below sole bar stuff are "plug ins" then it may well be logical. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Covkid said:

Is there much commonality of vehicle design ? I guess there must be although I understand the 345 isactually a hybrid design and not"full on" Averntra.   If the bodyshells look the same and the roof modules and below sole bar stuff are "plug ins" then it may well be logical. 

Bodyshells look the same glancing at pictures except the 345 is 6 door vs. 4 door for all the other variants (and possibly window location differences as a result).  Whether one set of tooling could do both I don't know.

• Like 1

From Wikipedia, the 24m trains are the 345 (Crossrail), 720 (c2c, Greater Anglia) and 730 (West Midlands)

The 20m trains are 701 (South Western Railway) and 710 (London Overground).

Makes things more interesting with the division by TOC.

• Like 1