RMweb

So ... the Spaniards are logging those who decline the vaccine

spikey

What a good idea.  Maybe they could take it one step further and point out to those who say "no gracias" that when they subsequently present with Covid symptoms, they'll go to the back of the  queue for treatment?  Gosh - imagine the front page of the Daily Wail if it was suggested that we adopt the idea in England ... :)

• Like 5
  • Agree 8
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

4 minutes ago, spikey said:

What a good idea.  Maybe they could take it one step further and point out to those who say "no gracias" that when they subsequently present with Covid symptoms, they'll go to the back of the  queue for treatment?  Gosh - imagine the front page of the Daily Wail if it was suggested that we adopt the idea in England ... :)

I am certainly not fighting my way to the front of the queue as far as inoculations are concerned, but have decided that I will trot off to my local "health care centre" for the jab, when the call comes.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

In theory as the NHS will have a list of who has had the jab, by default, they will also have a defacto list if who hasn't. 

I'm not sure that the NHS will have a list of all UK residents.

• Agree 4

5 minutes ago, 96701 said:

Why would they need one?  If your name's not on the list of those who have had the vaccination, kindly go to the back of the queue.  Simple :)

32 minutes ago, 96701 said:

But they will have a list of please come for Jab and list of had jab and as such list of not had jab. If the list of please come for jab is generated from government departments, like works and pensions, NHS, justice etc I think they will have a pretty good idea, who has not had it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

20 hours ago, Chrisr40 said:

I dont think anyone does, legal or otherwise. What do you do about people who dont appear on any list ?

They will be a very small part of the population and since the vaccine probably only needs 66-75% take 2-3% (in my opinion) not on any list wont matter.

Edited by Tricky-CRS
Clarified numbers quoted are my opinion not fact
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, rocor said:

I am certainly not fighting my way to the front of the queue as far as inoculations are concerned, but have decided that I will trot off to my local "health care centre" for the jab, when the call comes.

Me neither but since I consider myself low risk, I expect to be near the back of the queue anyway.

1 hour ago, Tricky-CRS said:

They will be a very small part of the population and since the vaccine probably only needs 66-75% take 2-3% not on any list wont matter.

Is that a fact, or is it simply your opinion?

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, John M Upton said:

In theory as the NHS will have a list of who has had the jab, by default, they will also have a defacto list if who hasn't. 

You are trusting a paperwork bureaucracy part of a government agency to function efficiently! :o

• Agree 3

4 hours ago, Chrisr40 said:

I dont think anyone does, legal or otherwise. What do you do about people who dont appear on any list ?

There is an entirely different question about a European Style population register,BUT the DWP do run the National Insurance database which is about as comprehensive as i=you can get at the moment.

• RMweb Gold

From a more practical viewpoint, people who've refused to have a Covid jab will soon find it difficult to book flights, cruises, life insurance, travel insurance etc. 

• Agree 12

19 minutes ago, J. S. Bach said:

You are trusting a paperwork bureaucracy part of a government agency to function efficiently! :o

It doesn't. As anyone who has even need to use them would testify.

It's also illegal for the NHS to share data with other government departments such as the DWP or police. And vice versa. You have to go through the courts to obtain it.

How do I know? I used to work for both the CRB and CSA at different times. As did nearly everyone it seems. They were jobs that hardly anyone sticks for more than a few months. Awful. Usually full of graduates who think that it's a gateway into the Civil Service, but all you do is answer phones and a bit of paperwork.

"Just checking whether MR JB Smith of 22 Acacia Avenue is still currently unemployed as he is claiming he is"

"Can't tell you that. You have to go through the proper procedures"

Then you need to fill in a mountain of paperwork just to find out what could have been done on the phone or by email. It also takes weeks.

It was in one of the papers recently that more than 10 million people in the UK don't even have a GP. If you haven't seen one for about three years, check, as you may no longer be registered. It's much higher for dentists. They have a habit of deleting you without warning. Yes. It's mostly men....

So if anyone thinks that information is going to be shared they are living in Cloud-cuckoo-land.

Jason

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

So if anyone thinks that information is going to be shared they are living in Cloud-cuckoo-land.

Who cares? All the quicker for those that want / need the jab.

..... but, as has been said, life without proof that you've been jabbed could become rather more restricted.

Each to their own!

John Isherwood.

PS. I don't care if Bill Gates does know every time I go for a cr*p!

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 2

8 hours ago, John M Upton said:

Only if they're in this country legally ... illegal immigrants aren't likely to turn up for the jab in case they are grassed up to Immigration.  As that puts the rest of us at risk, it would be helpful if the NHS don't ask any awkward questions and make public announcements to that effect. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, spikey said:

The problem is that it's not the Spanish authorities who need to know who is a conchie, it's the rest of us who have to mingle with them out in public places, perhaps a tattoo on their forehead might help.

Mike.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

The problem is that it's not the Spanish authorities who need to know who is a conchie, it's the rest of us who have to mingle with them out in public places, perhaps a tattoo on their forehead might help.

Mike.

4 minutes ago, spikey said:

Excellent idea, sir.  Shall we have a vote on what the tattoo should say?

Darwin Award Contestant 2021

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 4