Accurascale's First Steam Locomotive; GWR Collett 78xx Manor Class!

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, JST said:

Looking at all this shed code information is very interesting. I have ordered a sound fitted Erlestoke Manor being the right livery/crest for my layout era and it was also one of the few Manors that spent some time shedded at Newton Abbot and Laira. As I was brought up in Exeter I will change the shed code to 83D (Laira at time) - if I can find one! The pictures of the Accurascale 7812 shows a 89A shed code.

As an aside, when I was about 12, I shamelessly nicked a shed plate off a loco in Exeter St Davids shed which now adorns the beam over the door of my garage here in France. I can admit this now as I believe  Brexit means that no European arrest warrants can be issued by the UK and maybe the statute of limitations has run out! ^_^

IMG_1199.jpeg.abf7033a046d6c2f473ccdab6f490960.jpeg

So thats why they are called shed codes...........

• Like 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Last week we were back at Didcot for some interesting business (more on that at a later date!) 

Let the GWR frothfest begin :)

The model looks great.

Edited by BR Blue
Formatting and spelling
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 6

6 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

To The Manor Born! - Cookham Goes Home To Didcot

Hi everyone,

Last week we were back at Didcot for some interesting business (more on that at a later date!) We simply could not pass up the opportunity to bring our pre-production sample of Cookham Manor to meet the real thing!

As many of you will know, 7808 was the locomotive we used for our scan to ensure we produce the most accurate Manor possible. So, it was great to go back and see the old girl and introduce her to the fruits of her labour.

Once again a big thank you to the staff at Didcot for facilitating us once again. A great bunch of people! 

Enjoy the pics!

547927672_ImagefromiOS(84).jpg.f1c13a291f7edeb9e2e0c81a9b5935f2.jpg

236385567_ImagefromiOS(85).jpg.695bb45346896e5b649cd85768c91b38.jpg

YT6X5209.jpg.edb033c405c6e7fa2bff4edae8009b7b.jpg

YT6X5215.jpg.16edb8a4ae742377739eb83e4b5a7868.jpg

And finally, on shed!

1076797044_ImagefromiOS(83).jpg.9c24386fa7dc61ea47ea422cc3d2e0f8.jpgWe're now finalising the sound file and will have video of her in action demonstrating the sound in the coming weeks, so keep an eye out for that! 

Pre-order yours here: https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/gwr-7800-manor-class

Cheers!

Fran 

You missed out the even smaller Manor on the footplate of your Decoration sample, on the footplate of the real thing! (not quite sure what scale a 1:76th model of a 1:76 model would work out as....)

Pls don't do a castle. I have 6 Hornby ones that I just can't afford to replace....!

But there are lovely items at Didcot, crying out for an urgent update, or indeed others modelling for the first time.

Looking forward to seeing what your plans are.

Edited by G-BOAF
  • Agree 3

How about Firefly… a foray into broad gauge!

More seriously, I expect it will be something from the Saint, County, Collett Sunshine coaches, or freight stock (Didcot have virtually one example of each GWR wagon diagram that survive into preservation). 

My leftfield guesses would be a GWR TPO, or dreadnought coaches! 

CoY 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Last week we were back at Didcot for some interesting business (more on that at a later date!) ep an eye out for that! 

Another tease !!   They've done chauldrons ... so what's at Didcot that they could be researching?  

Oooh!  .... now we're waiting for an announcement about the first RTR broad gauge stock !  Will it run on O gauge track?

It's a good few years since I was there, but I've got a photo of myself standing outside the entrance to their museum building ... the sign above my head reads "Display of relics".

• Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Collett sunshine coaches would go very nicely with the Manors

Please ….. not a Castle, James has just stripped resprayed and lined 7 Hornby Castles with correct details and tenders to reproduce Worcester’s stud in Spring 1964 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

8 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

To The Manor Born! - Cookham Goes Home To Didcot

Hi everyone,

Last week we were back at Didcot for some interesting business (more on that at a later date!) 

This comment may result in wishlisting but I did note Didcot’s auto coach and one of their Super Saloons has had some work done over the winter according to Facebook. Just saying…. One is overdue a RTR retool, the other would be very welcome.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

so keep an eye out for that! 

Pre-order yours here: https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/gwr-7800-manor-class

Cheers!

Fran 

Heres me telling everyone into model trains to check out Accurascale,quality stuff and they dont take your eyes out....................now they want us to keep one out.

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, Phil Bullock said:

James has just stripped resprayed and lined 7 Hornby Castles with correct details and tenders to reproduce Worcester’s stud in Spring 1964 

Is there a thread demonstrating that?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
47 minutes ago, B15nac said:

So when we going to see the videos of them running with sound etc?

Regards Neil

Hi @B15nac,

The sound file is almost complete, so we should have video in the next few weeks once Model Rail Scotland is out of the way.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

I’ve just watched the message about drop in wheels for your Deltic to EM and P4 . That’s proper joined up thinking ! The demo run on Eastwood was grand and impressive.

Now , I know you said you wouldn’t recommend  trying to convert 

your Manor  to EM but … wouldn’t it be luvverly ?!  to misquote My fair lady  .

I live in hope .

Edited for typo.

Edited by 1466
Delete &
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
On 17/02/2022 at 00:36, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @B15nac,

The sound file is almost complete, so we should have video in the next few weeks once Model Rail Scotland is out of the way.

Cheers!

Fran 

No no, next few weeks isn’t acceptable sorry. Today will be great thanks. :jester:

• Funny 9

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
13 minutes ago, B15nac said:

Any news a couple of weeks have passed? Sorry im just excited about this one.

Regards Neil

Hi Neil,

Apologies, the logistics around doing the Glasgow show and then into the Ally Pally show take a lot out of us, so has eaten up a lot of our time at the moment. However, the sound project is getting close to completion and we will get it demonstrated as soon as we can.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4