Accurascale's First Steam Locomotive; GWR Collett 78xx Manor Class!

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, SteamingWales said:

to find people rambling on about SR H15s 😡

Oh come on! That really is out of order but then again one does usually find Great Western types somewhat insular. Relax a bit Steaming Wales.....

Kind regards,

Richard B

• Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, SteamingWales said:

☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️ There is literally a topic in the A/S section to put model ideas. Can we take it there please as I came here thinking "Oh, some Manor discussion" to find people rambling on about SR H15s 😡

Oh excuse us my Lord. I doff my lightly soiled underpants to your mightiness. Ramblings my arse; about 20 posts if that. Lighten up pal, this is a Forum not some sort of Agenda led meeting.

However I shall shut up as I hadn't quite seen the OT alarms going off and Mike was correct and polite..

Good afternoon.

A. Peasant.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium

After showing as sold out for some time, the Key Publishing exclusive Bradley Manor suddenly appeared available to order again. I know I probably can’t justify three late crest Accurascale Manors but they’re so sweeeet!

Cambrian Coast triple headers anyone?

4 hours ago, tommyliam021 said:

After showing as sold out for some time, the Key Publishing exclusive Bradley Manor suddenly appeared available to order again. I know I probably can’t justify three late crest Accurascale Manors but they’re so sweeeet!

If it is any consolation I have all 3 late crest Manors on order so you wouldn't be the only one 😅

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
On 18/04/2022 at 03:40, tommyliam021 said:

Makes one wonder whats going on when that happens?they seemed to go like hotcakes..

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Makes one wonder whats going on when that happens?they seemed to go like hotcakes..

We will regularly have deposits on items that don’t complete or indeed even customers pass away between order and fulfillments. It’s quite common for people to change their minds or flip an order to another item as their interests or eras or even scales change :) when that happens the couple of models go up for sale again. 

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

One retailer told me some years back that there they have a recognised 'fall out' rate on pre-orders where people change their minds - for various reasons - when the model becomes available.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

One retailer told me some years back that there they have a recognised 'fall out' rate on pre-orders where people change their minds - for various reasons - when the model becomes available.

I guess your right on that score,i just cancelled my pre order for the drax biomass from Hornby as whats the point,theres no way you can expect to build a decent rake and the fiasco with the tier system and whos what just makes me think why support them.Will just work on they will have to kill me before i die and hopefully Accurascale will keep my bank account to busy to worry about what others are doing..........

Edited by ERIC ALLTORQUE
  • Like 5
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, tommyliam021 said:

Apologies if this has been asked before, but will Cookham Manor have the three letter shed code behind the front buffer beam as per the prototype?

Tom

Judging by these photos, no, but transfers for these could be commissioned from Railtec if wanted.

https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/gwr-7800-manor-class/products/copy-of-7801-anthony-manor-gwr-7800

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, B15nac said:

Any news or updates on these ? Or why you went to Didcot again?? Exciting stuff

Regards Neil

I received an email from Hattons today that said the Accurascale Manors are due Q3 2022.... given all the supply chain issues in China at the moment, I think Q3 will be fine. (Q3 being July, Aug, Sept).

Not long to wait.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, Neal Ball said:

I received an email from Hattons today that said the Accurascale Manors are due Q3 2022.... given all the supply chain issues in China at the moment, I think Q3 will be fine. (Q3 being July, Aug, Sept).

Not long to wait.

I'm still waiting to hear the sound file before confirming my order.

Hopefully not too long now to wait for that.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, longchap said:

I'm still waiting to hear the sound file before confirming my order.

Hopefully not too long now to wait for that.

I have pre-ordered and paid for a sound fitted version.... and can't wait to get my hands on it :-)

Summer 2022 

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Good morning everyone,

Has there been any progress this week with the sound preview or BR Lined Black decorated samples please?

Thank you for all the hard work going into these; I have three on order currently and am excited to receive them.

Kind regards,

Harry

• RMweb Gold
49 minutes ago, Harry220 said:

Good morning everyone,

Has there been any progress this week with the sound preview or BR Lined Black decorated samples please?

Thank you for all the hard work going into these; I have three on order currently and am excited to receive them.

Kind regards,

Harry

Indeed - update very shortly :) 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

Hi All,

I don't wish to be accused of bad etiquette in a manufacturer's 'trade zone', but can anyone steer me to a discussion about the relative merits of the Dapol and Accurascale offerings?

I have my own thoughts on the subject (and am not proposing to start the discussion here!), but would be interested to read an existing thread, if there is one. I've so far struggled to find one, if it exists!

Having grown up very close to the frequently-renamed Paignton-Dartmouth line, I'm keen to end up with a model of Lydham, which Dapol offer, but I'm tempted to get an Accurascale example renamed/renumbered.

cheers

James

• RMweb Gold
On 17/05/2022 at 12:13, foggyjames said:

Hi All,

I don't wish to be accused of bad etiquette in a manufacturer's 'trade zone', but can anyone steer me to a discussion about the relative merits of the Dapol and Accurascale offerings?

I have my own thoughts on the subject (and am not proposing to start the discussion here!), but would be interested to read an existing thread, if there is one. I've so far struggled to find one, if it exists!

Having grown up very close to the frequently-renamed Paignton-Dartmouth line, I'm keen to end up with a model of Lydham, which Dapol offer, but I'm tempted to get an Accurascale example renamed/renumbered.

cheers

James

No one has either in their hands yet, both are EPs.

The closest comparison is Hattons.

https://www.hattons.co.uk/directory/compareversions?id=1003190&scale=1000588&utm_source=klaviyo&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=mar-0595-mar-0799-dapolaccurascalemanortoolingsupdate&_kx=n6KRjKdN8-kaH9fAATBsmWWuQHf8DMNBa06CkF87pDY%3D.JGQeXh

Despite 18 out of 30 being announced, only 2 hits have scored with me.. 7802 and 7812… (my lottery skills are much the same), my preference is for 7822/28 in BR Green and 7819 in lined black, so for now i’ll wait… I don't know enough of the individual class member’s nuances (or availability of spare bits to attempt it), by all accounts its more than just changing name/numberplates, to make an accurate renumber so i’ll stick with my older inaccurate ones for those numbers, but 7802/7812 are in the bag.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 2

Interesting, thanks! With hindsight, I think I did see a link to the Hattons comparison the other day, but didn't look at the time, and promptly forgot! Good point about variations, and that just changing the name and number isn't necessarily the whole job. I'm not really a rivet counter, but it's still worthy of consideration.

Part of me is tempted to order Dapol's RTR model of Lydham just because the 'correct' loco is available, and consider adding a random Accurascale version (being less fussy about the example modelled) if the verdict down the line is that it's significantly superior. Similarly, I own Bachmann's models of 4555 and Dumbleton Hall (both in GW livery) - just because they were local engines. Dapol's Lydham is in BR livery, as is Hornby's 5239 (another local engine), but I am planning to represent both eras, so that might not be a show-stopper. 

cheers

James

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, adb968008 said:

How accurate is that? Does the Accurascale Manor really have a turned brass safety valve?

12 minutes ago, 57xx said:

How accurate is that? Does the Accurascale Manor really have a turned brass safety valve?

Apparently according to Hattons, the Accurascale manor doesn't have a whistle, tender handbrake, pipework...... or any pickups...!

Not much of a model then, BUT certainly doesn't appear to be reflecting the EPs we have seen on this thread :-p

Edited by G-BOAF
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1