Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×

Accurascale's First Steam Locomotive; GWR Collett 78xx Manor Class!

10 minutes ago, spamcan61 said:

For the avoidance of any doubt, is this a DC or DCC model?

17 minutes ago, Harlequin said:

Works very well on mine. (DCC, of course.)

All of the pickups from loco and tender are wired together on the PCB in the tender if your Manor is manufactured correctly / the same as mine. So you should get stay alive even if the tender pickups are not working consistently.

I purchased as a DC model but I have put a gaugemaster chip on the model, another silly question but does it have to be a chip purchased directly from AS?

Sorry I don’t have much experience with DCC 😂

1 minute ago, Northmoor MPD said:

I purchased as a DC model but I have put a gaugemaster chip on the model, another silly question but does it have to be a chip purchased directly from AS?

Sorry I don’t have much experience with DCC 😂

I think it has to be an ESU decoder to work.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
42 minutes ago, MrB said:

Hi everyone,

The factory fitted sound on my Manor seems quite quiet, I know the CVs suggested to be changed for the main sound. Wondering if anyone else has changed the volume on their Manor to raise the level and which value is best changed for which CVs?

Regards

Roy

The master volume change is on CV63. The factory setting for CV63 on my sound Torquay Manor is 192, that is, already set at maximum.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
On 16/08/2023 at 20:44, Mallard60022 said:

That will teach me to read stuff ref the DC Compatible, presumably not requiring the selection of the DC Functionon the Loco chip, from a DCC  Handset?

I still learn stuff every day. Anything teccy and to do with trickery and I am terrified I'm going to destroy an expensive thing by ignorance. I killed a DCC 5Amp Booster that way; expensive mistake that was.

Have fun LS, that's what it's all about.

P

I have found that a DCC sound-fitted model made by another company doesn't have precisely the same degree of slow-speed fine control running in DC as compared to a non-DCC fitted version, but the sound is still fun, nevertheless.

And thanks to those very nice people from Lord & Butler in Cardiff, I soon hope to have a (non-DCC fitted) Manor turning up at Kernow Towers in the near future.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Im enjoying following all your excitement and reviews. This really does look like a beautiful model. By my user name you can see that for

me it is out of era and area but I am very jealous. I live very close to the Cambrian and may just as easily have built Pwllheli in the 50s as Mallaig in the 80s. Our interests are wide and our space, time and finances narrow but if there is a second run I fear a weakness may overwhelm. If only BR had of used a Manor instead of one of those boring Midland 5 things (😉) on the 84 steam specials. Excited and a tad envious of you all who have received them and absolutely gutted for you folks who have been severely let down by Key. If I do get a Manor it won’t be through them!

Enjoy your stunning models folks.

• Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 3

24 minutes ago, rprodgers said:

Is it the case that Accurascale have so far only received a few versions of the Manor loco, or are they all in stock?

I suspect they're all in stock but it's taking time to get through them, I don't recall any "the first ones have arrived". That's certainly my hope as I've 7812, 7810 and 7820 on order direct. The later pair haven't appeared anywhere, so I'm guessing that they're doing a batch then sending to retailers and those with multiple orders are having any from the first batch kept to one side pending the others being opened in the warehouse. Given they're a sell out at accurascale it's probably just taking time to get through them all and send shop orders out too.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Rugd1022 said:

Seeing the model moved around in three dimensions brings home what a fabulous bit of kit it really is Andy - the detailing is wonderful, but it's the sheer amount of it where it counts that's astonishing. Above and below solebar everything looks shipshape and Swindon fashion, just as it ought to be. We'll be running out of superlatives before long, but this is a superb model and as you say in the video, it is great value for money. 

Now I'm picturing it in 7mm.... 😉

Watching Andy's video, after looking at my own 7812, I am very naughtily thinking of all the LMS nee "Midland" locos this manufacturer could / will produce. I never used to be too struck on model duplication, until now that is. But now I am having "mind games" and imagining an 8F or a Midland 2F or any of the other wishlisted items in Andy's hands in that video. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, Northmoor MPD said:

The stay alive on my manor doesn’t seem to be working, upon investigation none of the pickups on the tender are touching the backs of the wheels so it’s picking up on the driving wheels only.

Silly question but does the stay alive just use the tender pickups or does it use all the locos pickups? 
I’ve had the loco sat on the layout for quite a while to ‘charge them up’ but the second I lift the loco or go over a insulated frog point the loco stops dead.

I can adjust the pickups but I don’t want to mess with it if it ends up having to go back for a look at.

Does the stay alive work well on everyone else’s models? 

Hi Adam,

Sounds like a fault. If you reach out to us at support@accurascale.com we will be able to assist.

Cheers!

Fran

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
52 minutes ago, Karl said:

I suspect they're all in stock but it's taking time to get through them, I don't recall any "the first ones have arrived". That's certainly my hope as I've 7812, 7810 and 7820 on order direct. The later pair haven't appeared anywhere, so I'm guessing that they're doing a batch then sending to retailers and those with multiple orders are having any from the first batch kept to one side pending the others being opened in the warehouse. Given they're a sell out at accurascale it's probably just taking time to get through them all and send shop orders out too.

If anyone fancies a job packing Manors in Birmingham, let us know :) 

• Like 4
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Covkid said:

I never used to be too struck on model duplication, until now that is. But now I am having "mind games" and imagining an 8F or a Midland 2F or any of the other wishlisted items

It's very much my feeling too; looking closely at this it's pretty much evident that everything is fair game once more, especially in the steam field.

• Like 5
  • Agree 8
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold

My sound 7800 has been despatched by Derails today and im so looking forward to its receipt after seeing all the photos.

For me its something about the wheels that really finishes this model off.

They have depth, realism and real presence.

The Dapol wheels remind me of the old Mainline models.

Surely these guys are up for manufacturer and model of the year. Ill certainly be voting that way.

The futures bright. The futures Accurascale.

• Like 4
  • Agree 4
  • Round of applause 1

Have run the Manor on DC, everything fine but notice the firebox glows.  However I run DCC and have installed a Zimo MN180 Next18 decoder. Again all is fine but no firebox glow. Does anyone know which CV I need to battle with in order to get a glow? Or even if this decoder will support it? Thanks.

1 hour ago, Phil Bullock said:

Phil’s birthday treat with 7812 at WSR today! 

5366D911-20D1-4936-BA77-D7A42070CF11.jpeg.c3a7c7e9b724a27352fafe40ac68b323.jpegPlus I get to play with 7808 and 7802 when we get home tonight….

Looks like you got the same crew I had on Odney Manor last year. A couple of very competent youngsters!

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, geoffers said:

Have run the Manor on DC, everything fine but notice the firebox glows.  However I run DCC and have installed a Zimo MN180 Next18 decoder. Again all is fine but no firebox glow. Does anyone know which CV I need to battle with in order to get a glow? Or even if this decoder will support it? Thanks.

Doh!!! All I need to do is press F1 on controller. Doh!!!

• Round of applause 1

3 hours ago, Covkid said:

Watching Andy's video, after looking at my own 7812, I am very naughtily thinking of all the LMS nee "Midland" locos this manufacturer could / will produce. I never used to be too struck on model duplication, until now that is. But now I am having "mind games" and imagining an 8F or a Midland 2F or any of the other wishlisted items in Andy's hands in that video. 

‘Mind games’ is something that this wonderful hobby of ours is very good at inducing, from the smallest detail to fully formed layouts, something I do all the time. As Patti Smith sang in 1975, there is an almost infinite ‘sea of possibilities’ out there to be mined… and with that, I’m now picturing a state of the art Accurascale 0 gauge D63xx perched on my little work bench with a weathering stick looming over it… who knows what the future may bring… 😉

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
53 minutes ago, geoffers said:

Been there and dun that so many times it's laughable. I've even forgotten to plug in my Track power source and wondered why nowt happened!

Phil

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On 18/08/2023 at 11:26, MikeParkin65 said:

For info/acton Dapol have 7802 late crest in their next run. 

i sincerely hope your information is correct Sir. FYI there is no mention on Dapol website.

My complaint to Key is being considered during a ' SPECIAL MEETING ' next week. No prizes for guessing outcome.

All in all its a shabby way to treat subscribers. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, geoffers said:

If you don't want to hold the F1 key down to get firebox glow, change function mapping to F2 to switch on or off at each press.

F1 is often non latching

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 1