RMweb

Titfield Thunderbolt 70th Anniversary Range

rapidoandy

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Chris116 said:

I have to agree with you on the looks front but it sadly means I can't use Lion on my layout. Thank you for your very swift response.

34 minutes ago, Butler Henderson said:

Couldn't you try top and tail ?

You might be able to find a locolift that can hold the whole train or if not a hidden turntable. 

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, RapidoCorbs said:

About 410mm if the tension locks are still fitted - that's from measuring the sample we have here.

Poop, I'll need to find a bigger display case somewhere. The ones I usually go for are only 340mm internally.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Kaput said:

Poop, I'll need to find a bigger display case somewhere. The ones I usually go for are only 340mm internally.

Don't forget that by removing the tension locks and replacing them with scale 3 links you'll shorten the train by about 20-30 mm.

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, Chris116 said:

That means the train would fit into the platform on my layout but being an end to end layout the loco needs to have couplings on the front so it can pull the train tender first and I fear that "Lion" does not! Is it possible to fit couplings on the front of the loco?

Bit of rope might help, well knotted. 

Avoid sudden braking though. 

Rob

Edited by NHY 581
  • Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 4
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, PeterStiles said:

Your *current* layout maybe...

Where's your ambition? Sheesh..

Current layout is 8' by 1'. The big layout planned for the future will be 10' by 2' on one wall and 16' by 2' at 90° on the next wall. No room in any room that would allow a roundy roundy style layout so end to end is the only option.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Just one question, is the floor part of the wagon or is it a separate part?

The house floor is attached to the central section of the wagon floor. It can be persuaded to separate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Got an email from Hattons today saying that they expect the Titfield train packs to arrive this week. So, I need to tidy up a bit so that I've got space to set up the test track roundy-roundy in my study. 🙂

• Like 2

On 09/10/2023 at 15:31, Michael Hodgson said:

Who makes the watering cans and bedpans that we'll need to top up the tank when necessary?

This set of 3D printed bits on eBay (no connection to the seller) looks to have some useful bits, including 3 tin baths, 4 buckets, 3 coal scuttles, 3 watering cans...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/404021184052

Other things that might be relevant would be milk churns (available from many places), while a bedpan ought to be easily-enough fashioned out of a plastic fireman's shovel or spade by cutting the cross-piece off the end of the handle, and rounding-out the shovel blade.

Personally, I also intend to stock the bar of the bar car with some Preiser bottles as I have a load left over from a previous brewery project!

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold

Kernow have just confirmed my Deluxe pack order (yay for their credit your account facility means I don't have to scrabble round for the funds!). Not long now!

edit:

Ooh, despatch notification.

Edited by Bucoops
  • Like 2

On 17/10/2023 at 10:47, Skinnylinny said:

while a bedpan ought to be easily-enough fashioned out of a plastic fireman's shovel or spade by cutting the cross-piece off the end of the handle, and rounding-out the shovel blade.

I have not checked by watching the film but I suspect you are correctly describing the need for a model 'warming pan' rather than a 'bed pan'

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

IMG_0132.jpeg.2dec954d00f2f8057abfac69028b0187.jpeg

Only thing missing is 1401 😉

Beautiful set beautifully executed, now dare I gently weather it? 😁

Very well done the Rapido team, it lives up to expectations. 

Edited by PaulRhB
Swapping d for r so it makes sense!
  • Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1