Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Interesting and inspiring photos from Flickr....

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Steven B said:

I wish my scenic modelling was good enough to replicate this:

40152 Knutsford Road Latchford

(terry eyres on Flickr)

"40152 climbing towards the high level bridge across the Manchester Ship Canal at Knutsford Road Latchford with 6E95 20.04 Arpley -Harwich PQ ( Whitemoor ) Speedlink"

Steven B

I was just about to send the link to that picture to my current trainee as he lives near there then I noticed the name and realised it was taken by his dad! 

• Like 4
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, Steven B said:

I wish my scenic modelling was good enough to replicate this:

40152 Knutsford Road Latchford

(terry eyres on Flickr)

"40152 climbing towards the high level bridge across the Manchester Ship Canal at Knutsford Road Latchford with 6E95 20.04 Arpley -Harwich PQ ( Whitemoor ) Speedlink"

Steven B

Lovely image, that. Looks like a brand new Italian ferry wagon behind the loco. 

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, montyburns56 said:

"Loughborough Midland crane working on new connection to Brush works when Class 60s were being built June 89" by David Ford

w Loughborough Midland crane working on new connection to Brush works when Class 60s were being built June 89 J10022

That’s a real old meets (not so) new photo there. Excellent. 👍

• Like 2

15 hours ago, montyburns56 said:

"Loughborough Midland crane working on new connection to Brush works when Class 60s were being built June 89" by David Ford

w Loughborough Midland crane working on new connection to Brush works when Class 60s were being built June 89 J10022

The train is Ok but I am loving those buildings behind. All the added bits and bobs over the years make it look so interesting.

• Agree 5

6 hours ago, EDDY100 said:

The train is Ok but I am loving those buildings behind. All the added bits and bobs over the years make it look so interesting.

Yeah, the weird thing is it almost looks like the entrance to an old theatre or cinema.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, montyburns56 said:

Yeah, the weird thing is it almost looks like the entrance to an old theatre or cinema.

I am nowhere that detail but I try.

Back in the day every building had character not just boxes😠

Building003(14).jpg.4d43f272bc5ef844fc2cabb5b6f637a9.jpg

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, montyburns56 said:

Bold Colliery, on the Friday before the Rocket 150 cavalcades. 23 May 1980 by Nigel Menzies

752 & 6201, Bold Colliery

I bet the NCB shunter driver at Bold couldn't believe his luck when he came on shift and was presented with all kinds of steam traction to do his HAA marshalling with 😄

Edited by woodenhead
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, montyburns56 said:

Bold Colliery, on the Friday before the Rocket 150 cavalcades. 23 May 1980 by Nigel Menzies

Never mind those locos look at the cars! Love the Tara green princess with Dunlop denovo wheels 😍 

• Like 6
  • Agree 5

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, montyburns56 said:

I was there for the cavalcade with my Dad...great memories!

• RMweb Premium
On 19/04/2024 at 18:08, russ p said:

Never mind those locos look at the cars! Love the Tara green princess with Dunlop denovo wheels 😍 

Fine, but not as lovely as the black Alfa Sud opposite or for that matter the 2CV further along the row.

Kind regards,

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Blandford1969 said:

Blank Frank loved his Princess, it was dumped on the car park for long enough in the 90s!

I liked mine until it suddenly started to rust from the inside out - typical Longbridge product of the time when bodyshells were left out in a field before painting.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Michael Edge said:

I liked mine until it suddenly started to rust from the inside out - typical Longbridge product of the time when bodyshells were left out in a field before painting.

Not just Longbridge, but even some very expensive brands. I can still remember going down Hythe Road in  Willesden, c.1970, coincidently past the Mulliner Park Ward factory. Where they built the body shells for Rolls Royce. I was shocked to see spare body shells lying outside the factory, all going dark brown with rust. It seemed a very strange way to build a "quality" product. But it was "standard operating procedure" at the time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulliner_Park_Ward

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1