The Siphon G, by Accurascale - From Milk To Mail!

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

I've done the O.33 in GW BR Crimson and BR Blue in the next BRM. Rather excellent.

Looking forward to seeing your photos Sir.😉

• Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On 30/04/2023 at 17:40, MikeParkin65 said:

See these are reviewed in this months (June) Hornby mag (along with the 37) - guess this means arrival is 'imminent' :)

A good review by Mark Chivers although I was disappointed not to see any photos of the underframe detail except the bogie. A big selling point of these models. 145g weight was noted as this wasn't known to me before.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, The Fatadder said:

Out of interest, how difficult is it to take one apart?

Hello everyone

I would like to know that, too.

I always (where possible) take bodies off coaches and wagons to remove ballast weights. It's surprising how much weight can be removed without affecting running quality.

Brian

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, BMacdermott said:

Hello everyone

I would like to know that, too.

I always (where possible) take bodies off coaches and wagons to remove ballast weights. It's surprising how much weight can be removed without affecting running quality.

Brian

The Siphons are 143g and have no ballast weights. 

The body can be removed (clips) but we'd not generally recommend it as there is nothing inside. 

• Like 4
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

2 hours ago, McC said:

The body can be removed (clips) but we'd not generally recommend it as there is nothing inside. 

What? No tiny newspapers inside and the odd mouse modeled???
Standards are slipping! 🤪

• Funny 8

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, Super-Sloth said:

No, sorry! Just dusty floorboards...

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 4
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, Super-Sloth said:

Standards are slipping! 🤪

Newspapers lying around?  You'd be lucky!  Why do you think railwaymen always seemed to have plenty of newspapers even before they were on sale in newsagents?  

In one of mt past jobs if I happened t be around late at night I had usually read all of tomorrow's newspaper headlines before tomorrow (first editions were always around and being loaded to paper trains well before midnight).

• Like 5
  • Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
40 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

Newspapers lying around?  You'd be lucky!  Why do you think railwaymen always seemed to have plenty of newspapers even before they were on sale in newsagents?  

In one of mt past jobs if I happened t be around late at night I had usually read all of tomorrow's newspaper headlines before tomorrow (first editions were always around and being loaded to paper trains well before midnight).

Those were the days!

Arriving late in Paddington (and other London termini), where there were Siphons / GUV vans etc. at the platforms with Newspapers; letters and parcels all being loaded onto trains.

A veritable hive of activity.

Now of course it all goes by road.... the march of progress????

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, McC said:

Some people might want add milk churns. It will bug them too much knowing they are not in there.

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, 57xx said:

Some people might want add milk churns. It will bug them too much knowing they are not in there.

No point in crying over spilt milk....

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 5

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, Wickham Green too said:

Does 2924 come with missing / bent buffers as standard ? 🙄

It was loose and subsequently refitted but as the photos weren't needed I didn't retake them.

Anyway, I'm sure there's something nice that you could say about them as well?

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

The van drivers invariably brought a number of spare copies for the station staff and loaders - insurance! There were sometimes concerns about bundles going missing. In early 1967 I found myself counting bundles onto the 03.20 Vic - Brighton and 03.27 Vic-Eastbourne, and a couple of chaps were riding the vans to keep an eye on where bundles went. 

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

What about some 4mm scale 1980s railwaymen, busily going through their (legal and perhaps not quite so above board) newspaper entitlements, getting them ready for their paper rounds when they booked off at 0600?

• Like 3