The Siphon G, by Accurascale - From Milk To Mail!

• RMweb Gold

Has anyone tried to hang a tail lamp on one of the corridor connection lamp brackets yet?

I have tried with a Modelu lamp but it was impossible because the lamp bracket is part of the same rubber moulding as the corridor bellows and so it flexes rather than going into the pocket in the lamp.

I ended up sticking it on with tacky black but it droops even though the lamp weighs very little. A whitemetal lamp wouldn't work at all, I think.

Edited by Harlequin
  • Friendly/supportive 2

1 hour ago, sjrixon said:

I slipped, I clicked the buy button ;) - Got the shipping notification late yesterday... Now the real question is will it come today.....

Hopefully mine are sent soon as im on hols from next weekend so wont be here :)

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, ClikC said:

Seems odd to have a shipping notification for an order made yesterday, when others are still awaiting. At least that's what I'm inferring from your post.

As Accurascale have said they weren't loaded in any order on the pallets, it might depend as much on which ones they find first as they unpack them.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, SRman said:

As Accurascale have said they weren't loaded in any order on the pallets, it might depend as much on which ones they find first as they unpack them.

We're down to the last 1000 or so orders, so should be all caught up in the next 72 hours

• Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, McC said:

We're down to the last 1000 or so orders, so should be all caught up in the next 72 hours

I'm used to being well down the alphabetical list. ;)

• Like 2
  • Funny 12
  • Friendly/supportive 5

15 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

I'm used to be well down the alphabetical list. ;)

Never mind, it’s much the same as being a Wolves supporter.

We start every season at the bottom of the table.

19 places behind the leaders before the ref has walked onto the pitch with the ball – grossly unfair.

• Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 3

23 hours ago, Roy Langridge said:

Nothing heard yet and my first three were paid for July last year, they will be here when they get here.

Good for Accurascale that they are obviously selling their stock is high-volumes.

Roy

Similarly, that was the conclusion that I had come to. 👍 

23 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Jon,

We still have an order list of four figures in size to dispatch, so it's going to take a few more days to get through them all. We're going as fast as we can though and everyone's patience is greatly appreciated. 

Cheers!

Fran 

Thanks for that - appreciated! 👍

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, McC said:

If that means mine arrives before the bank holiday weekend and it’s perfect spraying weather that will be ideal!

Just don’t go getting distracted posting out Class 37s instead 😉

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

I often think it would be a much better idea for goods to be despatched in reverse alphabetical order. 

I’m roughly in the middle, so I don’t care either way 😄

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, AY Mod said:

I'm used to being well down the alphabetical list. ;)

Changing your name by deed poll name to Andrew Aaron Aardvark would solve that problem. ;-)

Edited by Phatbob
Typo.
  • Funny 5

1 hour ago, Star-rider said:

Never mind, it’s much the same as being a Wolves supporter.

We start every season at the bottom of the table.

19 places behind the leaders before the ref has walked onto the pitch with the ball – grossly unfair.

Try supporting Sunderland, they start off near the bottom and it only gets worse!  😂

• Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, The Stationmaster said:

I often think it would be a much better idea for goods to be despatched in reverse alphabetical order. 

Seeing as I'm in the middle (roughly), it wouldn't make much difference to me! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

54 minutes ago, Southernman46 said:

Aaron Andrew surely??

Aaron Aaden to put it beyond doubt!

I vote for chronological order...but only because mine are dated 16/12/21 😎

Edited by Zunnan
  • Like 3

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Harlequin said:

I have tried with a Modelu lamp but it was impossible because the lamp bracket is part of the same rubber moulding as the corridor bellows and so it flexes rather than going into the pocket in the lamp.

That was always going to the pay-off for having a flexible connection unfortunately, so yes, the lamp bracket is purely aesthetic. Then again, as (originally) they ran behind the tender and ahead of the coaches on expresses, it can be immaterial.

In an ideal world, the gangway connection would have had an etched end panel, with the lamp bracket being part of that assembly, but costs and ease of assembly had to be considered unfortunately.

Best wishes,

Paul.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 7
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Southernman46 said:

Aaron Andrew surely??

Yes, but then Andy would have to be known by his middle name.  Mind you, if that's good enough for Queen Victoria, it's good enough for our Andy. 😆

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
49 minutes ago, Islesy said:

That was always going to the pay-off for having a flexible connection unfortunately, so yes, the lamp bracket is purely aesthetic. Then again, as (originally) they ran behind the tender and ahead of the coaches on expresses, it can be immaterial.

In an ideal world, the gangway connection would have had an etched end panel, with the lamp bracket being part of that assembly, but costs and ease of assembly had to be considered unfortunately.

My suggestion @Islesy for what it's worth would be for Accurascale to produce the K40 full brake too and therefore have a vehicle with a fixed connection to fit a tail lamp.😉

• Like 5
  • Agree 8
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Harlequin said:

Has anyone tried to hang a tail lamp on one of the corridor connection lamp brackets yet?

I ended up sticking it on with tacky black but it droops even though the lamp weighs very little. A whitemetal lamp wouldn't work at all, I think.

Hello Phil

Would it be possible to 'brace' the lamp iron with something like superglue? (Although I don't know if superglue would be suitable for the rubber!).

Brian

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, BMacdermott said:

Hello Phil

Would it be possible to 'brace' the lamp iron with something like superglue? (Although I don't know if superglue would be suitable for the rubber!).

Brian

Apart from the problem of gluing to the gangway rubber material one solution would be to cut of the moulded item and replace it wuth an etched or himemade one that will accommodate the lamp.   However finding the right adhesive could be a problem so I think the n best answer would be to do as gwrrob has suggested and get cracking on a K40.

• Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, McC said:

For my and any others awaiting their Siphons in the EU, is there any news yet please on when these orders will be shipped (presumably from Ireland)?

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

For my and any others awaiting their Siphons in the EU, is there any news yet please on when these orders will be shipped (presumably from Ireland)?

Legacy EU orders (Tax paid) are en route between Birmingham and Dublin at the moment.

• Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1