The Siphon G, by Accurascale - From Milk To Mail!

• RMweb Gold

To misquote the late great George Best, I spent a lot of money on drink, women, fast cars , Accurascale siphons  and I wasted the rest.

Edited by gwrrob
Spelling
  • Like 4
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 12
  • Friendly/supportive 1

12 minutes ago, Davidjsmith said:

At Great Central Railway 1940’s event today this was in the yard at Quorn & Woodhouse I assume its a siphon G?

IMG_8372.jpeg

An LNER Brake adapted to carry Pigeon baskets.  It was used as an ambulance coach in WWII.

• Like 2

On 02/06/2023 at 20:53, drjcontroller said:

A quick question for @Jack P re; EM conversion. Did you completely remove the brake shoes or manage to get them trimmed? 

Mine arrived yesterday and I spent an hour or so gently probing and fiddling to see how to convert them to EM. Has anyone else managed it and if so, how did you do it?

Many thanks in advance for any responses.

Douglas

Hi Douglas, 

I removed them, and re-attached them after trimming them down, I had to cut them off and then glue them back in. 

I can send you some photos if they'd be of any help!

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Brunel276 said:

Having ordered these upon release and waited patiently from Hattons, I see that they are not available. Does anyone know why Hattons has yet to receive stock and who may have stock?

Retail stockists are about to receive theirs. The delay is apparently due to Accurascale having to sort a confusing container “muddle “. 

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Jack P said:

Hi Douglas, 

I removed them, and re-attached them after trimming them down, I had to cut them off and then glue them back in. 

I can send you some photos if they'd be of any help!

Thanks @Jack P that would be extremely helpful, much appreciated.

Douglas

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Retail stockists are about to receive theirs. The delay is apparently due to Accurascale having to sort a confusing container “muddle “. 

In short, the factory messed up some barcoding, which meant the orders containing two of the SKUs were delayed while those SKUs were relabelled. Apologies for the mess up, all the shipments were sent Friday.

Edited by McC
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

8 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

You're doing these now?  I must have missed that announcement. 😁

image.png.d2aff40fc37a3cd03646f038d5d6c663.png

Think of the size (and weight) of the box containing a model of one of those - that would get the delivery guy or gal puffing as they lug it up the path - no lobbing that over the garden gate!

• Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

You're doing these now?  I must have missed that announcement. 😁

image.png.d2aff40fc37a3cd03646f038d5d6c663.png

That ship was built in 1977 and was still operational a year ago in the Middle East. 
Recently called the Asarrah, it looks as if she was scrapped in Pakistan at the Gadani yard.

Thats quite a long career for a ship that initially was plagued with engine issues.

• Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

1 hour ago, Bernard Lamb said:

I don't think mine is on that ship. If it is I am wondering how it is going to get to Sheffield.😀

Bernard

Up the Trent, open the Keadby lifting and slding bridges.

Probably needs a bit of dredging to enlarge the Stainforth & Keadby and the Sheffield & South Yorkshire Canals ?

image.png.68a3510088197b42d6424ae1314019b8.pngimage.png.20b4d028e60126c1da670fe1a7b60d72.png

• Like 5
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

4 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Probably needs a bit of dredging to enlarge the Stainforth & Keadby and the Sheffield & South Yorkshire Canals ?

image.png.68a3510088197b42d6424ae1314019b8.png

4 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

image.png.68a3510088197b42d6424ae1314019b8.pngimage.png.20b4d028e60126c1da670fe1a7b60d72.png

image.png.20b4d028e60126c1da670fe1a7b60d72.png

It did get to Sheffield.

Now on it's way to me from Rails.

Gangway folded up ready to fit and a selection of different length couplings also waiting on the work bench.

Bernard

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

You'd only need to open the sliding bridge (the river bridge is upstream of the canal entrance).

However, you'd probably be better off heading up to Goole, and then taking the canal from there as it is much deeper and the locks are much bigger.

<looks for a siphon pun>

Adrian

• Friendly/supportive 2

Having just received my Dia. O.62 W1047, I am highly impressed. Rail blue looks spot on for the era. Nice crisp lettering. And the bogies and under frame detail take coach models to whole new level. 

The MK2s if they are to the level will all be very well received.

Al Taylor

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1