Class 31, by Accurascale - It's time 2 Brush Up!

46 minutes ago, MikeParkin65 said:

Has it been in working order since being painted blue?- I'm thinking it hasnt 

I have a preserved loco /NYMR theme going on so I am Ok with that 🙂

• RMweb Premium
15 hours ago, Mophead45143 said:

Of course, there is the collectors market. But I'd like to think that many of those might not be so particular on the detail differences, and that there are more people that would prefer it to be correct for its BR career when it actually pulled trains. 

I suspect there is an element in this debate about whether the particular loco was in service when the buyer was alive and maybe had seen it. I have bought a couple of steam locos in pre-grouping liveries as they are preserved, but I would not really be interested in buying if in an early livery that is/was not carried in preservation. In terms of electrics and diesels, if they were around in my spotting/bashing days, then I want those liveries not how they appear now.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, brushman47544 said:

I suspect there is an element in this debate about whether the particular loco was in service when the buyer was alive and maybe had seen it. I have bought a couple of steam locos in pre-grouping liveries as they are preserved, but I would not really be interested in buying if in an early livery that is/was not carried in preservation. In terms of electrics and diesels, if they were around in my spotting/bashing days, then I want those liveries not how they appear now.

Kind of…

I suspect many buyers will want to run it.. but if its never run as its appeared, that kind of goes against the grain, unless your into doodarlallies like GT3 in blue (Note IC/BR blue APT-Es are discounted currently).

Adb968003 by Heljan seemed like a poor seller, it was a static carriage heating unit, but the model was motorized. 

flip side to that Heljans Ethels are unmotorised and see the bargain bins often too, they too couldnt propel themselves in real life.

You’d have to be in your 70’s to have memories of DP1 on front of a train, yets its been a very popular model, being in the correct livery I suspect is a big part of that.

i’m not sure anyones made a model of 92220 in preserved condition, and i’d be fascinated to see a working model of 35029 in its current condition !

Sure many dont care, but i’m minded that several look for that tenious link to reality in rule 1 running somewhere, and those numbers could be the difference between that 100 or so left selling out or sticking on a shelf.

Edited by adb968008
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Alan Oliver said:

Did a gala on the East Lancs too.

Food for thought but 31018 hasnt run since the class 66’s first arrived. It was preserved when class 56’s were new.

At the NRM as a kid I always thought it least interesting, as there was 31’s everywhere and they were not endangered. 

As for red circle, my guess is as theres only 2 locos left and most people wont have had either for haulage, such a working would be very highly loaded.

Edited by adb968008
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, 97406 said:

It’s a shame they’ve not done a version of 31018 in its original green livery as it was in the 80s.

Dealer or Accurascale exclusive for the future?

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Dealer or Accurascale exclusive for the future?

On second thoughts, perhaps not. I’m going to need the money for all the Class 40s that are going to be announced tomorrow!🤣🤪😜

• Agree 1

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, 97406 said:

going to need the money for all the Class 40s that are going to be announced tomorrow!🤣🤪😜

Thanks to the exceptional quality of the AI software Dall-E the CAD render of the TractorHooverWhistler is complete.

DALL·E 2023-03-16 17.23.20 - an impressionist painting of a Class 40 diesel.png

Well they started it with the Mk1234 coach.

• Like 1
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

Thanks to the exceptional quality of the AI software Dall-E the CAD render of the TractorHooverWhistler is complete.

DALL·E 2023-03-16 17.23.20 - an impressionist painting of a Class 40 diesel.png

Well they started it with the Mk1234 coach.

Headcode boxes off a Peak too! What’s not to love!

• Funny 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, 97406 said:

Headcode boxes off a Peak too! What’s not to love!

The worst bit about it was I asked the AI for a painting of a Deltic.

• Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

If a spare 37 bodyshell becomes available, there's a chance of a cut and shut with a Bachmann class 40 happening on my workbench anyway.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, AY Mod said:

I asked chatgpt for an Electrostar model…

What I got wasnt a train, but she looked good, I like the way AI is thinking…

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 4

18 hours ago, brushman47544 said:

Very probably, but there are collectors out there as well as modellers, some of which buy several versions of a new model, including prenat. 

In my little world the vast majority have to be in BR liveries ranging from 1960 to 1975. I dont have GWR or LMS as it just doesnt work for me.  But thats just me and good job we are all different.

• Like 4

Just looked at the class 31 page on the Accurascale site and notice all class31 variants are shown as sold out except for 31407 and 31466.  Also note that only those two have the Accurathrash logo. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Chilly said:

Not sure if that is sarcastic applause or the St Patrick day celebrations have really kicked in 😁

Hehe, as a (very loud) fan of Yellow, my colleagues are sick to death of me shouting for Network Rail variants of everything we make (and on track plant! :) ) So I could not agree more :)

Edited by McC
  • Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1