Revolution Trains announce Class 175 'Coradia' and Class 180 'Adelante' DMUs in N & OO Gauge.

AY Mod

Looks like the decoder is under the air conditioning unit on the roof by looking at the 180. 

I'm so pleased to see these EPs, I've been waiting for a model of the 175s since I had my first train set on my 7th birthday back in 2001! Looking forward to seeing more detailed photos.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JackB95 said:

Yeah this EP has emphasised the rubber seal somewhat! I was discussing this with a few mates who signed them as train crew. Certainly a lot flatter in real life, but it's good to see they've at least acknowledged its existence. 

Glad it’s not just me then!, might be a tooling limit as having a look around the model in the photos, all the raises and cuts from the standard body side do seem quite substantial so maybe it’s a tooling limit? The pics are also quite close so that might make it seem more pronounced than it is. Certainly good to see the seals have been picked up tho as you said. I do wonder tho if it would be better to have them slightly recessed rather than raised? Or just leave them painted if in reality they are pretty much flush anyways? Then again I’m not the one making the model and I’ve never worked with toolings either so I appreciate I might be completely wrong. I’m sure the guys at revolution will either tweak it or let us know their reasoning for it at some point. For me atleast it’s not a deal breaker and I’ll still be getting some for the layout.

• RMweb Gold
44 minutes ago, JackB95 said:

Yeah this EP has emphasised the rubber seal somewhat! I was discussing this with a few mates who signed them as train crew. Certainly a lot flatter in real life, but it's good to see they've at least acknowledged its existence. 

a 175 with an issue with the doors, at least its prototypical! 

colwyn bay up side was a problem early on as the doors sometimes wouldnt get interlock due to the cant of the track

4 hours ago, Bryn_Bach_Railway said:

Glad it’s not just me then!, might be a tooling limit as having a look around the model in the photos, all the raises and cuts from the standard body side do seem quite substantial so maybe it’s a tooling limit? The pics are also quite close so that might make it seem more pronounced than it is. Certainly good to see the seals have been picked up tho as you said. I do wonder tho if it would be better to have them slightly recessed rather than raised? Or just leave them painted if in reality they are pretty much flush anyways? Then again I’m not the one making the model and I’ve never worked with toolings either so I appreciate I might be completely wrong. I’m sure the guys at revolution will either tweak it or let us know their reasoning for it at some point. For me atleast it’s not a deal breaker and I’ll still be getting some for the layout.

I agree.  The door seals do appear over-emphasised and a painted seal over a slightly recessed line to define the door outlines may look more convincing.

Also, the rainstrip over the doors looks a bit heavy, but on the whole it's a very promising first EP.

Chris

• Like 1

Have to agree on the 175 door seals they are definitely flusher in reality, the initial CADs show this, then the 3D prints at shows (?) didn't but now the initial EP does.

The top light lens on a 175 is also flush to the exterior rather than indented, the overall shape looks good though. I assume some silver paint will be used around the light lenses which will help these appear less bulbous. 

Such a shame no original FNW liveries yet in OO, especially with 323s now coming, that would certainly widen the net as to who may be interested. 

I'm very excited to see the progress being made so far, i think im going to be a happy customer, for a 1st ep it's looking brilliant.  

The chunky seals & window frams aren't 100% accurate, but I think almost all oo models (just looking at my mk4s) are the same, once painted it will look fantastic 

My only concern is the lack of detail around the couplings, but it's hard to tell from the photos.

Finally, Any chance the dec sample will be at model live this year, and will the interior be painted something like bachmanns 158?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Northerngirl said:

I'm very excited to see the progress being made so far, i think im going to be a happy customer, for a 1st ep it's looking brilliant.  

The chunky seals & window frams aren't 100% accurate, but I think almost all oo models (just looking at my mk4s) are the same, once painted it will look fantastic 

My only concern is the lack of detail around the couplings, but it's hard to tell from the photos.

Finally, Any chance the dec sample will be at model live this year, and will the interior be painted something like bachmanns 158?

When you say “lack of detail around the couplings”, in what respect? 

Cheers

Mike B

On 03/01/2024 at 23:41, Revolution Mike B said:

When you say “lack of detail around the couplings”, in what respect? 

Cheers

Mike B

Mainly the big orange connector, also the bolts & other bits around the edges. It's probably just a limitation of the scale, but it just looks like a step down from the rest of the model. 

20240108_121126.jpg

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Northerngirl said:

Mainly the big orange connector, also the bolts & other bits around the edges. It's probably just a limitation of the scale, but it just looks like a step down from the rest of the model. 

20240108_121126.jpg

Unfortunately, the ‘big orange connector’ would prevent the kinematic motion of the coupler, which is why we’ve omitted it. You will find it’s very similar to another manufacturer’s front end coupler which provides function over form.

Hope that helps.

Mike B 

• Like 1

Thanks for the update Mike, this is very encouraging.

R.e the horn, I don't think this will really notice, as Bachmann's 158 is the same in that respect. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Revolution Mike B said:

Unfortunately, the ‘big orange connector’ would prevent the kinematic motion of the coupler, which is why we’ve omitted it. You will find it’s very similar to another manufacturer’s front end coupler which provides function over form.

Hope that helps.

Mike B 

Ahh that makes sense thanks, it's good being able to get an answer so easily

1 minute ago, TomE said:

Some phone photos from the DEFine event on 06th January:

IMG_7185.jpeg.2eaf4cafb0ea7c06433eb8cabf114b07.jpegIMG_7186.jpeg.4ae02f0ebd6584bf07effb1f6b3b0642.jpegIMG_7188.jpeg.ac63f60ca157ba970038550a02e6f16b.jpegIMG_7191.jpeg.f47c3914349086675fc7dcfa86f914b4.jpeg

Tom. 

Looking from further back the door seals don’t look as intrusive. Still a bit too pronounced in my opinion but from afar they certainly blend in a lot more. Be very interesting to see how they look decorated 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Bryn_Bach_Railway said:

Looking from further back the door seals don’t look as intrusive. Still a bit too pronounced in my opinion but from afar they certainly blend in a lot more. Be very interesting to see how they look decorated 

One thing to remember with unpainted samples is that every detail looks a lot more pronounced. The reason for this is so that the detail doesn’t get lost underneath the paint.

cheers

Mike B

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 09/01/2024 at 23:40, Revolution Mike B said:

One thing to remember with unpainted samples is that every detail looks a lot more pronounced. The reason for this is so that the detail doesn’t get lost underneath the paint.

Looking forward to seeing the painted samples.

IMG20230710075108.jpg.59e566886f834f7c8c44e9e11aa92888.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
On 10/01/2024 at 22:08, Sir TophamHatt said:

What decoder / ohms speaker are you planning to use?

Will there be space if people want to upgrade the speakers?

21 MTC interface with two speaker to suit. There is space for larger speakers however you may need to remove part of the interior if you go too large. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Revolution Mike B said:

21 MTC interface with two speaker to suit. There is space for larger speakers however you may need to remove part of the interior if you go too large. 

21 MTC? Were the OO gauge ones not originally announced with a 22Plux interface?

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Bryn_Bach_Railway said:

21 MTC? Were the OO gauge ones not originally announced with a 22Plux interface?

21 MTC offers greater flexibility over Plux 22. We didn’t announce them with any particular interface, just DCC Socket. 

Edited by Revolution Mike B

22 minutes ago, Revolution Mike B said:

21 MTC offers greater flexibility over Plux 22. We didn’t announce them with any particular interface, just DCC Socket. 

The original announcement on the revolution trains website definitely states OO would have 22Plux. Just interesting to hear that one interface is more flexible than the other, however it’s understandable that one is chosen above the other if that’s the case.

can see another case of people struggling to find the appropriate decoders to access all the functions with the amount of 21pin decoders available that differ in ability. But if it gives more features on the model then it’s a worthwhile compromise it seems.

IMG_8512.jpeg.fd6704c7d18618fd120e3ba7ddfcc10b.jpeg

(https://revolutiontrains.com/revolution-goes-ahead-with-adelante-and-coradia/)

*apologies if this along with my last posts in this thread seem a bit augmentative or overly critical, That’s not my intention at all. I’m simply incredibly excited and interested for these models (was even going to attempt making a class 175 myself before time became to sparse) and just want them to be as close to the real thing as possible*

Edited by Bryn_Bach_Railway
  • Agree 1