Forum issues.

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Cwmtwrch said:

I'm getting the crypto currency pop-up as well. Do I understand your previous post to mean that we have to pay to cease being bothered by this piece of gross irresponsibility? Crypto currencies are seriously dangerous in a financial sense, and should not be advertised anywhere.

I will be reporting the cryptocurrency ad as being outside our permitted ad criteria. You can ease back on the hyperbole though and talk reasonably. Others have given you a solution though.

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, AY Mod said:

I've been using that invisible ink again.

Ads/videos may still appear in Accurascale/Revolution/BRM areas etc pending a fix from the adtechies.

As it was invisible ink - I missed it.......

🙃

But the Premium tick disappears when the ad is there. Not sure if that was reported before

Accurascale page

image.png.b9e3029d0c38ad6caf8a03bf91311c71.png

Non - Accurascale page.

image.png.f1427cda7ee6c474c533309f39372ef1.png

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Gold
37 minutes ago, Steamport Southport said:

Nope. 

If that was true we would all be seeing different adverts based on our browsing history. We aren't, we are all seeing the same one and it's probably one of the most annoying adverts I've seen.....

@AY Mod  Andy just for clarification is the Cryptocurrency Ad

A- one put in by you ( doubtful as you would be reporting yourself) 

B- one put in by Warner Bros ( I would be very surprised)

C- one put in by the google algorithm ( most probable)   OR 

X ( files - we've been hacked by Aliens ! )

Edited by Matt C

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, AY Mod said:

I've been using that invisible ink again.

Do you get a huge discount on the large quantities of invisible ink you go through, or is a case of you have to keep buying more, because you can't find it again?

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

13 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

If that was true we would all be seeing different adverts based on our browsing history. We aren't, we are all seeing the same one and it's probably one of the most annoying adverts I've seen.....

And Google, despite its occasional annoyances, can tell the difference between the UK and the USA. This looks rather like one of the less savoury US social media ad streams. I wonder what the use of video ads is costing me in extra bandwidth?

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, Cwmtwrch said:

This looks rather like one of the less savoury US social media ad streams. I wonder what the use of video ads is costing me in extra bandwidth?

Are you still seeing it? I'm seeing the Digitrains ad again at this end today.

I don't pay to access the site so I appreciate that the adverts are here to stay for me so this more of an FYI for @AY Mod - currently viewing Wright Writes on a MacBook running at a resolution of 1920*1080 (so not exactly low) and this is a screenshot of what I'm seeing, the entire page is covered in adverts, not a singe bit of forum content visible at all...

Screenshot.jpg.461747e532b3dd4117eb58ca5746877c.jpg

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, johndon said:

I don't pay to access the site so I appreciate that the adverts are here to stay for me so this more of an FYI for @AY Mod - currently viewing Wright Writes on a MacBook running at a resolution of 1920*1080 (so not exactly low) and this is a screenshot of what I'm seeing, the entire page is covered in adverts, not a singe bit of forum content visible at all...

Screenshot.jpg.461747e532b3dd4117eb58ca5746877c.jpg

It's not acceptable.

I've put you in respite care for a couple of days. ;)

• Like 1

Hello Andy,

If it's any consolation, I think there are some major cyber-attacks going on as I was plagued with adds by Yahoo! within my Hotmail mail yesterday - seems to have gone away today. Good luck in getting RMWeb pages back to 'normal'.

Cheers,

Philip

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Philou said:

I think there are some major cyber-attacks going on

Possibly a factor elsewhere Phil but this is self-inflicted I'm afraid.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• Moderators
19 hours ago, Matt C said:

A - one put in by you ( doubtful as you would be reporting yourself) 

B- one put in by Warner Bros ( I would be very surprised)

C- one put in by the google algorithm ( most probable)   OR 

X ( files - we've been hacked by Aliens ! )

It can't be X as we'd assume that to be 'intelligent life', it's certainly not A, I think it's C but it could be B (Although Warner Bros. Is Looney Tunes and Harry Potter etc whereas we are Warner's Group Publications, nowhere near a worldwide major media org).

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, couldn't see anything on it. I've noticed recently that when accessing RMWeb on mobile there are some ads which have a tendency to pull you off the site altogether (not just a popup) - I say ads but it looks like an outright scam. I've noticed it once in a while for a few weeks but last night the mobile site was virtually unusable. I'll try and think on and snap the screen next time - it only ever happens on RMWeb and always the same ad so I don't think it's an issue on my device.

Edited by Ragtag

Well, over the last week or so I have tried clearing all cookies, Internet history etc, and all to no avail. Most of the main (and enjoyed) subject topics are inaccessible. Those pop up Digitrains ads on every new page are a real pain. Appreciate I haven't subscribed and adverts are a given, but they just seem a bit over the top.

On the other hand, I guess a positive is the huge reduction in forum surfing time, it's just a bit of a shame having been here since day one 😦

I would happily sign up for membership, but I'm reluctant to as others who have still seem to be reporting issues.

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, blueeighties said:

but I'm reluctant to as others who have still seem to be reporting issues.

Most of those are users who haven't selected the right theme so I've ended up doing it. Yes, there still ads in some subforums awaiting a fix.

• RMweb Premium
On 19/11/2022 at 15:45, AY Mod said:

I'll put a couple of quid on UK Prototype.

Did we ever get to the bottom of the OPs original issue?

I can't access UK prototype and noticed modelling musings/misc is now the same.

I fiddled about deleting history etc and got prototype back briefly a couple of weeks ago but not for very long.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Hal Nail said:

Did we ever get to the bottom of the OPs original issue?

I've been trying different things with different users and still no closer to the answer.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
Just now, AY Mod said:

I've been trying different things with different users and still no closer to the answer.

Fortunately, i am convinced technology will lead to the premature end of civilisation so things like this, which only encourage me further, cheer me up :)

• RMweb Premium
23 hours ago, blueeighties said:

I would happily sign up for membership, but I'm reluctant to as others who have still seem to be reporting issues.

The Forum's much nicer to use since signing up to RMweb Premium - it's only the sub-forums with dedicated themes that still let the adverts through - Accurascale and Revolution are the main culprits of my usage. It means I can view the site on my tablet again - prior to the upgrade the screen was filled with more adverts than content.

Steven B.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I noticed a subtle software update. 

One of the changes is weird formatting on the right with a panel that wastes a bunch of screen real estate and makes the useful area very narrow:

image.png.70d94408579f297ff036dcb49739f0cd.png

In most threads this panel is populated with the "popular posts" section that used to appear on the bottom of the page.

Narrowing the window makes this panel go away, but results in a window that does not work well for other websites.

Can this content be sent back to the bottom of the page where it always was?

thank you.

(Windows 10 / Chrome)

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Ozexpatriate said:

I noticed a subtle software update. 

One of the changes is weird formatting on the right with a panel that wastes a bunch of screen real estate and makes the useful area very narrow:

image.png.70d94408579f297ff036dcb49739f0cd.png

In most threads this panel is populated with the "popular posts" section that used to appear on the bottom of the page.

Narrowing the window makes this panel go away, but results in a window that does not work well for other websites.

Can this content be sent back to the bottom of the page where it always was?

thank you.

(Windows 10 / Chrome)

I had this earlier, then I noticed that the theme had changed back to default.  As soon as I changed it back to Premium, I was back to normal.

Adrian

• Thanks 1