Modelmaster

TheEngineShed

• 2 weeks later...

Christmas & New Year wishes to you & yours!

If you buy Railway Decals or Nameplates from Modelmaster between now and 31st December, as well as your 30% discount, then the first hundred buyers will get a FREE Copy of

BRITISH RAILWAYS LOCOMOTIVES 1948  (published price £9.99)

We're giving away 100 of these books which list all locomotives taken into British Railways Stock in 1948, with shed allocations for 1st January & 1st of July 1948, and other statistical information. (Soft Cover, stitch bound,, Illustrated).   Over 2,000 sold in Bookshops and by Mail Order.

30% off all Bus & Railway Transfers, Etched Locomotive Name & Number Plates, and also take 30% off the Deposit Price of our expande d range of Scottish Locomotive kits, which are now being produced.  ENDS 31st December 2021 at 11.59:59.

Have a Happy Christmas and New Year

Jim & Elspeth at Modelmaster

CLICK HERE to go to modelmaster.uk

I received this in my email, however, when I go on the website and add items, no discount appears and there is no offer code to be applied?

Cheers from Oz,

Peter C.

• Informative/Useful 1

On 04/12/2021 at 13:05, TheEngineShed said:

It has been 341 days since I paid for and placed my order.

Ahhh, you ended up getting the VIP treatment - meaning, you actually received what you ordered and paid for !

It seems there are two classes of MM customers - those who have been treated like dirt, ripped off, etc... and god help you if you tried to call him on the false promises/untruths he has written you previously (and he is WORLD CLASS in the abuse he can dish out) - and there are those who have not yet seen that side of him.

for me it was 3 orders which resulted in 2 doses of untruths, abuse and items paid for not received. And this all predates covid.

This thread just doesn't die - maybe there is a reason why...

• Agree 1

There is an email today explaining what went wrong, extending the offer and promising refunded discount that customers didn't get plus the free book. If that happens brilliant.

My dealings with him have been nothing but excellent and he was very helpful. 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Yet again my order for plates has arrived safe and sound just 10 days after ordering (with the holidays in between of course). It seems there are two classes of MM Customers and I am seemingly of the Class with nothing but satisfactory and friendly service. Super start to 2022.

Can't complain, mustn't grumble etc.

Phil

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

I ordered some transfers on 17/12. I received an almost immediate conformation. I have also had two useful and informative e-mails, which explain why things went wrong before, and what he has done to try to avoid that happening again in the future. This morning I got an e-mail telling me my order has been despatched. 21 days, with Christmas and New year in between seems to me to be perfectly good service, especially as this is very much a two person business.

I've never had any problems with Modelmaster, and have always been treated with courtesy. It is my policy to be courteous in my dealings with others, so perhaps another example that shows that one tends to get back in the same manner as one gives.

• Like 4
  • Round of applause 1

Been waiting several months for transfers from his website after numerous

emails and phone calls not answered finally spoke to him this was six weeks

ago was told not received yet from his printers, when i look on the website

my orders it says work in progress, tried calling him his mailbox is full so

dont know what to believe.

This was an email from him last week. Try the new number.

07795 499 405 Phone MODELMASTER 13.30-15.30 Monday - Friday 07795 499 405

Currently, if you wish to contact MODELMASTER UK, you have two choices.   You can send an email to our webmail address, or you can 'phone 01292 289770, our Crown Street Office Landline Number.

Neither is satisfactory for different reasons.

If you email Modelmaster, it can take a long time to read, understand and reply to the points raised.  Then, in SIXTY % of replies sent, another email comes back in reply raising other points - therefore one email inquiry CAN take up to an hour to deal with, whereas a 'phone call can be dealt with in less than  five minutes in many cases - but that's only if Elspeth or I are there to receive the calls, and that's what this new number 07795 499 405 is designed to radically improve!

Landlines like 01292 289770 are tied to Answering Machines if the recipient can't answer the 'phone, and although our answering machine is an expensive machine capable of answering and reecording a lot of calls, a few lengthy messages can soon fill the machine, the machine can't take any more messages, and complaints go flying to Social Media, RM Webb, and anybody else that listens.  It's not good for you, and it's not good for Modelmaster!

THE SOLUTION - is that a mobile phone dedicated to YOUR questions, YOUR concerns and YOUR orders even, will go live on Wednesday 3rd January 2022  to accept YOUR calls between 13.30 and 15,30 every weekday.  If for any reason I cant answer your call at that time, just hang up, don't leave a message - in fact, don't even leave your name!, and I'll phone you back AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Because I'm working the rest of the day and quite often can't talk on a phone while I'm spray painting models or nameplates for instance, I'll reply to these calls as and when I can no later than 8pm 

I WANT your business, but most of all I WANT you to be happy enough with us to come back and to recommend us to others.

There have been a lot of delays this year (2021 I mean) because of shortages, lockdowns and Brexit, but 2022 I'm sure will be a better year for us all, which is why I'm investing in new products and new product ranges for 2022, including a flat out effort to get the long awaited Locomotive kits into production.

Best regards to you all for a Happy and Prosperous New Year.

The 30% Discount will come off sometine in the next two or three days, I've run out of time to do it just now!

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

i ordered 2 plates on January 4, i had acknowledgement on the 5th the same day he took the money.

Modelmaster will NOT answer emails, or the phone, and now it seems not even this mobile number, personally ive had enough, ive put in a claim on paypal and im also flagging it up with trading standards, to keep within the rules all i will say is he is fast enough to take your money but fails to supply the goods therefore i find this practice unacceptable.  :telephone:

• Friendly/supportive 1

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, Holby Railway said:

im also flagging it up with trading standards,

It's barely been a fortnight, a bit early to start waving that one around. It may have been worth reading this topic before rather than posting to it afterwards if that was your level of expectation. 

• Agree 4
  • Round of applause 3

• RMweb Gold
On 10/01/2022 at 18:20, Ben Alder said:

THE SOLUTION - is that a mobile phone dedicated to YOUR questions, YOUR concerns and YOUR orders even, will go live on Wednesday 3rd January 2022  to accept YOUR calls.....

....or perhaps MONDAY 3rd January 2022!   Anyone can get the day/date wrong but when trying to regain customer confidence in a communication it is helpful to get such things correct.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, AY Mod said:

It's barely been a fortnight, a bit early to start waving that one around. It may have been worth reading this topic before rather than posting to it afterwards if that was your level of expectation. 

thing is there is no excuse for NOT answering Emails, Answering The Phone or Mobile phone, my grype is he is fast enough to take the money but provides nothing

• Agree 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, Holby Railway said:

there is no excuse

Of course there could be 1,001 reasons (rather than the derogatory 'excuses' word) but if you didn't bother to read the experiences of others then there is nothing anyone else can do on here to help you.

• Agree 1

I dont see how some customers get there orders delivered so quickly,

been waiting months for transfers i ordered, finally spoke to him last week

told me he has not had time to process the order so looks like been fobbed off

seems a gamble if you receive them, can not believe i am the only one in this situation and as stated these are transfers not plates.

Edited by paul 27
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Finally managed to make contact with Modelmaster....

the upshot being that he only has a stock of 200,000 plates and at the moment hes had a run on one of the names i wanted .

he says he is going to have a good search around and try to get back to me in the next few days.

a note on the website says

Sorry in advance for any delays to November & December orders

I've has almost 500 orders between mid-November and early January, and although working long hours to get them out to you, I'm afraid that some delays may occur. 

If anybody in AYR (or district) is looking for a part time (paid) job packing nameplates and transfers, please let me know!  Age & Gender not important.   (07795 499 405)

Hopefully, all will be completed within the next two weeks or so.

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

The only (tenuous) link is that people who order stuff that is in stock get the items fairly quickly.

If your order includes items that Jim is out of stock of - then the delays start.

In the past my conversations with Jim on stock availability he has confirmed some of his lead times are in the region of 12 weeks.

In the case of nameplates, after that peiod has passed, there is a further delay because they have to be cleaned,  painted asnd then finished before they can be sent out.

Jim needs help - hence his request for someone local to work with him.

Thanks

Phil H

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Has anyone had a problem with MM deliveries lately? I received an MM notice that my most recent order (from December) had been shipped 27 January. It is now 28 February and still no sign of the order. I've tried phoning (as suggested by him) but each time Im directed straight to the voicemail with the immediate message that the mailbox is full and can no longer take messages. Ive tied emailing but they remain unanswered.

I have to say that I have placed a great many orders in the past with Jim, and whilst fulfilling the orders can be mighty slow, they have, without exception, turned up a few days after shipping has been notified.  However in this case I'm at a loss what to do next. Any suggestions?

Chris L (Oldham)