Modelmaster

TheEngineShed

• RMweb Premium
43 minutes ago, clowe999 said:

Has anyone had a problem with MM deliveries lately? I received an MM notice that my most recent order (from December) had been shipped 27 January. It is now 28 February and still no sign of the order. I've tried phoning (as suggested by him) but each time Im directed straight to the voicemail with the immediate message that the mailbox is full and can no longer take messages. Ive tied emailing but they remain unanswered.

I have to say that I have placed a great many orders in the past with Jim, and whilst fulfilling the orders can be mighty slow, they have, without exception, turned up a few days after shipping has been notified.  However in this case I'm at a loss what to do next. Any suggestions?

Chris L (Oldham)

There is a newish note about please phone and times.

Otherwise there are a few Royal Mail Offices that are still shut and have been for a long time. Christmas Mail is only just being delivered in some areas. Maybe that but from history you may be in the unlucky set on here, sadly.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got a full refund after waiting six months had to put a claim in

after numerous promises i would receive my order terrible service

i think i was very patient waiting this long and even accepted a part

order to be delivered from him but that never turned up either

not surprised though.

• Round of applause 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

I placed  an order on the 31st of March , a sale price because of a stock check ! 

One month on and nothing , on the website it ask not to email but to phone , goes straight to answer, but you can’t leave any message because it’s full , emails don’t go though!

I know he could be ill or have other problems , but reading this post it’s been going on for months , so why the stock taking sale .

• Friendly/supportive 2

Hi All 

I ordered a pair of brass nameplates on Feb 2nd 2022, money was taken on 3rd Feb, Order being processed on Feb 19th. Since then nothing. I have phoned numerous times and again nothing. After reading posts here, guess who won't be giving Modelmaster any more money. I can live with the delay but not being ignored.

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, klf1956 said:

Hi All 

I ordered a pair of brass nameplates on Feb 2nd 2022, money was taken on 3rd Feb, Order being processed on Feb 19th. Since then nothing. I have phoned numerous times and again nothing. After reading posts here, guess who won't be giving Modelmaster any more money. I can live with the delay but not being ignored.

I placed an order on Feb 26th, which went to "Processing" on March 1st, but heard nothing since. I was aware there might be delays, and the order is not urgent, so I am willing to wait for a while longer. Just need to accept it - but it would be good if there was something on the website advising customers that some items may take longer. I presume its because its not in stock, although the items were in the stock take sale!!

• RMweb Premium
On 27/01/2022 at 13:33, Mallard60022 said:

Apart from a couple, is there some sort of link between those that have very few posts recorded and those that seem to moan the most on this thread? Askin' for a friend.

P

Not necessarily anything shady, could be:-

non RMwebber orders decals from Modelmaster

they don't turn up

non RMWebber Googles Modelmaster late in the day

finds this thread

joins RMWeb to vent their frustration / seek advice.

• RMweb Premium
31 minutes ago, spamcan61 said:

Not necessarily anything shady, could be:-

non RMwebber orders decals from Modelmaster

they don't turn up

non RMWebber Googles Modelmaster late in the day

finds this thread

joins RMWeb to vent their frustration / seek advice.

Or maybe to give others a warning , I’ve looked on this post this last week or so , but today click onto page 2 and there was modelmasters .

Also I’m not logging on as much theses days as even as I write this the adverts are in the way !

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, Asterix2012 said:

Possibly gone from limited company to sole trader?

Website also says landline no longer in use.

Since the Limited Company was only formed in 2019, and yet he was trading before then, I assume at some point a decision was made to trade as a limited company (advantages are its a separate legal entity, so legal disputes are with the company, not the owner), but has since decided against, or neglected to file the appropriate paper work (resulting in a compulsory strike off by Companies House). 

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

He was going to retire at one point (I recall some babble about going into politics?) but then he changed his mind half a dozen times.

I would steer clear of thus shambles at all costs...

• Agree 4

• RMweb Premium

Tried calling the new number , every time went straight to the leave a message , sorry message storage full !

I was buying on a stock check clearance sale , so I expected as they were listed in stock , to receive them within days .

As I need the transfers now , I’m left wondering who I order from , I wanted the HMRS sheet for BR locos , they aren’t available at the moment , so I guess that leaves Foxes as the only alternative.

• Like 1

If any one has any sheets of P714 transfers these include

the Shell / BP Tank data panels will purchase, please PM.

I really wanted these hence the long wait as no body else 

makes them.

Edited by paul 27

On 29/04/2022 at 10:26, JohnR said:

Since the Limited Company was only formed in 2019, and yet he was trading before then, I assume at some point a decision was made to trade as a limited company (advantages are its a separate legal entity, so legal disputes are with the company, not the owner), but has since decided against, or neglected to file the appropriate paper work (resulting in a compulsory strike off by Companies House). 

Reading through the filing history, the business was dissolved over a year ago, the most recent accounts due weren’t filed and the previous ones were for a dormant company, which kind of suggests that this entity at least never was trading and that the Modelmaster that existed was a different entity, possibly as a sole trader.

Either way, I think it’s safe to say that the business isn’t one to be buying from. The owner is aged 75 so if he is struggling to run the business, maybe it’s understandable why but that’s not an excuse for continuing to do so if he’s not capable of doing so.

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

My son called round on Monday , he suggested Railtec transfers , I’ve never taken any notice of them before, but on being shown the range available, and them having what I required I placed an order .

Tuesday morning a personal confirmation email.

Arrived today .

Now that’s what I call service .

• Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 04/05/2022 at 14:47, D.Platt said:

My son called round on Monday , he suggested Railtec transfers , I’ve never taken any notice of them before, but on being shown the range available, and them having what I required I placed an order .

Tuesday morning a personal confirmation email.

Arrived today .

Now that’s what I call service .

On 02/05/2022 at 21:55, RANGERS said:

Reading through the filing history, the business was dissolved over a year ago, the most recent accounts due weren’t filed and the previous ones were for a dormant company, which kind of suggests that this entity at least never was trading and that the Modelmaster that existed was a different entity, possibly as a sole trader.

Either way, I think it’s safe to say that the business isn’t one to be buying from. The owner is aged 75 so if he is struggling to run the business, maybe it’s understandable why but that’s not an excuse for continuing to do so if he’s not capable of doing so.

Having had excellent service for years with MM, I am eventually having to agree that things really seem to have got bad. 

8  weeks and still waiting for a supposedly available set of Merchant Navy Plates and Decals, having received the acknowledgements etc. Not a huge amount of money but this is the second time an order has just never arrived despite some communications.

I reluctantly agree that maybe his time has well passed now and yes, Railtech Plates etc are excellent and rapidly organised.

Phil  

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Its funny, how some companies come in for grief over their timeliness of dealing with orders and communications and get a pasting. Yet there are others out there just as large who are just as bad or worse 'its a waste of time to answer emails' who never get mentioned. Odd. 

• Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
On 13/05/2022 at 16:44, Blandford1969 said:

Its funny, how some companies come in for grief over their timeliness of dealing with orders and communications and get a pasting. Yet there are others out there just as large who are just as bad or worse 'its a waste of time to answer emails' who never get mentioned. Odd. 

That has kept me supporting MM on RMWeb for more than a couple of years. Real impatience from a group of people seemingly and like  Terriers with a blooming Rabbit. However, the situation of folk having paid and stuff just not arriving has become regular now. Dave should really  think about selling the Business on as the stuff is good but I believe he is no longer able to cope, which is very sad indeed.

There comes a time when things really can't continue this way.

I am not in any way battering Jim. I've known him for decades. It is what has happened to the Business that is so very sad.

Phil

Edited by Mallard60022
To correct name due to my Forgetfulness.
  • Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Mallard60022 said:

Real impatience from a group of people seemingly and like  Terriers with a blooming Rabbit. However, the situation of folk having paid and stuff just not arriving has become regular now. Dave should really  think about selling the Business on as the stuff is good but I believe he is no longer able to cope, which is very sad indeed.

I am not in any way battering Dave. I've known him for decades. It is what has happened to the Business that is so very sad.

Phil

Totally agree on both points, we have seen it on other manufacturers and providers. However yes looking from the outside much as it is hard it seems like the best way to make sure it is not lost is he hopefully passes it on. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 13/05/2022 at 16:49, Mallard60022 said:

Dave should really  think about selling the Business on as the stuff is good but I believe he is no longer able to cope, which is very sad indeed.

I am not in any way battering Dave. I've known him for decades. It is what has happened to the Business that is so very sad.

Phil

He tried to sell 4(?) years ago when his BiL died but no takers. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2